• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

790 is still saying Chris Grant is the GM

JackB1

time is 5:25pm and they just said it looks like Grant will be the GM and will be one of the lowest paid GMs in the NBA.

WTF Sekou???? This might explain why nothing else was reported by Sekou since 9 AM this morning on his blog.

It could also be that Sekou knows something they don't, but couldnt get his story ready for publish yet (or is still preparing it). It could also be that he doesn't have all the needed info just yet, and is waiting to hear more. I dont think Sekou wouldve posted what he did this monring unless there was a legit change.

On 680, they had Sekou on at around 4:00. He said it was definitely not going to be Grant. He did say that the media has been given the runaround on this whole process so who knows who it will turn out to be. Sekou's opinion is that it would not be an up and comer but a guy with experience, possibly a former gm looking for a second chance.

Quote:

and that's who I would probably choose out of all the rumored candidates that we have had thus far anyway. Hopefully we will know soon one way or another.

Lindsey was definitely my top choice, but Gabriel is probably the best of the remaining options. Im not crazy about it, but its better than Chris Grant IMO.

I think even if Sekou knows (which I doubt Gearon has told him), his hands are probably tied until the contract is signed... seems the ASG is a little defensive as everyone locally & now nationally is questioning the way they're handling their organization.

Quote:

I turned off 790 when the 2 stews said they had huge news then a few minutes later he said the news was his wife won teacher of the year. Thank God for Bill Shanks.

680 and 790 are vying for who is the biggest boffoon. All they are good at are creating a great deal of hype about a bunch of phooee.

Dude, when it comes to who to believe, Sekou or talk radio, the choice is obvious. Sprots talk gets 95% of their information from the AJC Sports page. What, you think those guys are in the locker rooms talking to coaches and players? In this case, they weren't even smart enough to read Sekou's blog, which stated before 9:00 AM that Grant wouldn't be the guy.

Sports talk = sports entertainment. Every now and then, you may actually get "breaking news" but more often than not, they are just relaying information from ajc.com. And sometimes, they can't even get that right.