• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Move Joe Johnson

dakast

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to move Joe Johnson to small foward and bring in another veteran shooting guard? Adding another consistent scorer would help take some of the load off of Joe and also moving Marvin to the bench with Childress would help to add strength to our bench.

Just a thought...........i know already know someone will have a hissie fit because i suggested putting Marvin on the bench. grin.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to move Joe Johnson to small foward and bring in another veteran shooting guard? Adding another consistent scorer would help take some of the load off of Joe and also moving Marvin to the bench with Childress would help to add strength to our bench.

Just a thought...........i know already know someone will have a hissie fit because i suggested putting Marvin on the bench.
grin.gif

I have no problem with moving JJ to the 3 if we get someone else to play the 2. But no way can we have both Marvin and Childress coming off the bench. One of them would have to go. Actually one of them will have to go no matter what IMO.

the problem is what SG are we gonna bring? if we get him we might have to do it in a trade involving chilldress. i said it once i will say it again. move smith to the 3 and al to the 4 and a defensive center at the 5. marvin can come off the bench.

come at me with statistics and bashing if you want to..im ready.

Quote:

the problem is what SG are we gonna bring? if we get him we might have to do it in a trade involving chilldress. i said it once i will say it again. move smith to the 3 and al to the 4 and a defensive center at the 5. marvin can come off the bench.

We are already the second worst perimeter shooting team in the NBA. I don't see how moving Smith to the 3 will help that. Not to mention it takes our shotblocker away from the basket trying to guard players quicker than him.

Quote:

Quote:

We are already the second worst perimeter shooting team in the NBA. I don't see how moving Smith to the 3 will help that. Not to mention it takes our shotblocker away from the basket trying to guard players quicker than him.

I was thinking the same thing.

I also think it would be a lot easier to find a team willing to give up a starting quality SG than a team willing to give up a starting quality Center.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Just a thought...........i know already know someone will have a hissie fit because i suggested putting Marvin on the bench.
grin.gif

Worst decision by far.

JJ is the best thing we have.

• Premium Member

I tend to agree with Ex that Childress is as good as gone because of the finances.

So, playing Joe at the 3 would make some sense, and someone like Rashad McCants would make for an interesting target in that case.

We are in dire need of 3 point shooting from the SF position.

Heck, before we traded for Bibby, JJ was the only player on the court that had that sort of range.

It is a death knell to only have 2 players on the court that can shoot 3's.

I'd trade Chillz for a legit SG no question.

Heck, I'd even be fine with an Anthony Parker.

Quote:

if we get a SG we need one that can shoot and score. he doesnt have to average 20 but since jj will give us 23, smoove 18 and horford 14
i think 16 points from our starting SG will be nice.

Jr. Smith and Mike Miller are the only 2 i can think OF.

LOL . . so why get rid of Marvin then? He's already giving us 15 ppg.

You are right about one thing though. If you trade Marvin, get a guy who can shoot AND create his own shot.

• Premium Member

Quote:

For the second half of the year (with Bibby), we finished 8th in the league in 3 pt%.

Bibby hit 69 Three pointers in 32 games. Prorated, that's 177 in 82 games. That's right up that with JJ.

AJ and Lue hit a combined 57 threes in 42 games and we were 17th ranked in 3 pt%.

I don't think the number of 3 pters we hit are going to matter.

Moreover, your argument is KEEP MARVIN AT the 3.

You cry about the Hawks three point ability with Smoove at 3... Well, the truth is that Marvin only shot 10 three pointers on the season? And he hit 1. How is keeping Marvin at the 3 helping our three point shooting?

Here's the bottom line. You put Smoove at the 3, Horf at the 4... Then you have a team that has Horf playing in position and I believe he'd be a better scorer playing in his natural position.