• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Consensus thinking...

TheTrueSiete

Quote:

Gosh that makes me terribly said to read that. I'll try and be more negative like you from now on.

Well, I'm sorry you're so said.... Also, I'm not negative about where the Hawks are headed, but I am negative about whether or not Woody can take them there.... It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that...

Quote:

Quote:

Gosh that makes me terribly said to read that. I'll try and be more negative like you from now on.

Well, I'm sorry you're so said.... Also, I'm not negative about where the Hawks are headed, but I am negative about whether or not Woody can take them there.... It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that...

7 That's not even being negative.It's positive wanting your team to do better.It's negative to want your team to retain a horrible coach that has the team underachieving always when hs contract is expiring with better candidates for the head coaching job available to pick up.

Yeah the same thing was said when Lenny was the coach, that we needed a new coach and that we were underachieving and we would be better and blah blah blah. We only got worse after he was fired and if history has taught us anything it's that it tends to repeat itself.

The grass is not always greener on the other side ya know.

Quote:

Yeah the same thing was said when Lenny was the coach, that we needed a new coach and that we were underachieving and we would be better and blah blah blah. We only got worse after he was fired and if history has taught us anything it's that it tends to repeat itself.

The grass is not always greener on the other side ya know

It is this situation.

Quote:

wow.gif Woody ain't Lenny, and probably never will be.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Woody would have to coach for 500 years to get as many wins as Lenny got in his time in Atlanta... Let's not compare Woodies to Oranges.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'm not saying he is as good of a coach as Lenny, I'm simply comparing the situation where people cried and cried to have Lenny fired and then when he was we got worse and I don't want people to forget that.

There's a definite difference though. Lenny got his teams to overacheive. They were a well trained vet team who won 50 games most of the time. They just failed to go beyond their limitations and people asked for Lenny to be fired. I agree, the Lenny firing was stupid and we never really got over it.

Woody on the other hand, was given a young team. They didn't overacheive. Some advanced, some didn't. People want Woody gone.

I would like to see Woody replaced for one reason: There are better coaches out there.

I don't think Woody will be replaced. I just think that if he does, it gives this team a chance to learn from an experienced coach. Yeah, Woody gets screwed because he basically baby sat his time here. However, he did make his fair share of mistakes too. There's room in Charlotte for Wood.