• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does Boston Winning Make Us Look Better?

JackB1

Several reasons to think it makes Atlanta look better.

1- Hawks, who no one much had watched outside of Atlanta, suddenly was on national T.V. for everyone to see. After being easy victims in Boston, the scene shifted to the home

of the Hawks and the Hawks and their fans proved to be too much for the mighty Celtics.

That was enough to make fans not familiar with the Atlanta lads set up and take notice.

Not just once, but every time these Celtics faced these Hawks in Atlanta, they failed to

win.

2- Sure, we were blown away on the road. Some of that was because of the youth

of the Hawks roster and their inexperience in the playoffs - also, they DID have a

terrible road record for the regular season.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boston is playing better now versus when they played us but it's because they have been playing playoff basketball for 5 weeks. If we played playoff intensity basketball for 5 weeks we would look better also. With that said, Boston did not take us lightly and what Diesel is saying makes alot of sense.

Boston: Good Home, Good Road. Hawks: Good Home, Bad Road

Good home team and good road team = Close games in Atlanta

Good home and bad road teams = Blowouts in Boston

What happened was no fluke.

Quote:

1- Hawks, who no one much had watched outside of Atlanta, suddenly was on national T.V. for everyone to see. After being easy victims in Boston, the scene shifted to the home

of the Hawks and the Hawks and their fans proved to be too much for the mighty Celtics.

That was enough to make fans not familiar with the Atlanta lads set up and take notice.

Not just once, but every time these Celtics faced these Hawks in Atlanta, they failed to

win.

of the Hawks roster and their inexperience in the playoffs - also, they DID have a

Leave it to GM to explore the angle that no one didn't even think about, and that was the national TV angle. Those games vs the East champ should translate into more national TV games. It may very well give us 5 - 8 national TV games, with one of those games definitely being a home game vs Boston.

With Boston being so successful, it assures that they'll be on the maximum number of times on Natl TV. Hawks vs Boston will definitely be one of those games. Hawks vs Phoenix, playing off the JJ angle, will surely be another one.

I could see other possible matchups with Orlando ( division rival and possibly the Smith vs Howard correlation ),

Charlotte ( if Woody comes back, it'll be Teacher vs Student ),

Golden St ( run and gun vs athletes who like to run )

New Orleans ( Paul / Marvin angle )

and LA Lakers ( because they'll have the max number next year and because we beat them at home )

Once again, Mule proves that age trumps youth.

Quote:

Quote:

The Celtics were content with coasting through the first couple rounds of the playoffs winning their games at home. However, their play on the road improved after losing at home to Detroit.

This is about the biggest POT Of BS that has probably ever been written on this messageboard.

The Celtics were not content going 7 games against Atlanta.

Did you see the Looks on their faces when the series was knotted up 2-2? How about right after game 6?? That was not a look of content. That was concern. The Celtics had the pressure of the basketball world on them because they were supposed to beat us in 4. Don't you think that they felt like they could be the next GS?

Wow!! I can't believe you came up with that BS.

Then you said that they came out of their stupor after losing a home game to Detroit?

More BS!!!

They won in Detroit after losing to Detroit, but they were in no stupor. Ask KG if they were taking any away games off in these playoffs and I will love to get the youtube footage of him whipping your ass.

First and foremost, I'm going by what Paul Pierce said himself. Paul Pierce, you know the guy that's actually playing, said that the home lost to Detroit was a wake up call. So, if you feel it's BS, take it up with a Celtic player. I'm just relaying what the man said.

Ok, so you say playoff basketball isn't different then regular season basketball. You honestly think it's a cliche ? Whatever...

Why didn't we manage to win our home game with Boston this year ? Can you honestly say our players didn't play with more intensity (@home) in the playoffs than the regular season ?

The facts and evidence show that they didn't win a game on the road until losing at home to Detroit. So, is Boston such a bad road team that they can't win on the road ? Nope, because the facts and the evidence show they are the best team in the league on the road. So why did they lose all their games, most by small margins, on the road, and practically dominated at home ? Do you really think it is because Cleveland and Atlanta are such great home teams ? Are you disputing the fact that the Celtics played better on the road after losing their first home game ?

Come back to reality, man. You're trying to find something retarded to argue about, when all the facts are spread out right in front of you. It's veering off the subject of the original post now, and the bottom line is..whether or not Boston wins it all..it will not make us look better. Perhaps if they would have won a game in Cleveland, it would have, but that's not the case.

P.S. If KG doesn't do anything to another grown ass man after getting headbutted, what makes you think he'll do anything to me ? That was a pretty lame joke..

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Celtics were content with coasting through the first couple rounds of the playoffs winning their games at home. However, their play on the road improved after losing at home to Detroit.

This is about the biggest POT Of BS that has probably ever been written on this messageboard.

Did you see the Looks on their faces when the series was knotted up 2-2? How about right after game 6?? That was not a look of content. That was concern. The Celtics had the pressure of the basketball world on them because they were supposed to beat us in 4. Don't you think that they felt like they could be the next GS?

Then you said that they came out of their stupor after losing a home game to Detroit?

More BS!!!

They won in Detroit after losing to Detroit, but they were in no stupor. Ask KG if they were taking any away games off in these playoffs and I will love to get the youtube footage of him whipping your ass.

First and foremost, I'm going by what Paul Pierce said himself. Paul Pierce, you know the guy that's actually playing, said that the home lost to Detroit was a wake up call. So, if you feel it's BS, take it up with a Celtic player. I'm just relaying what the man said.

Ok, so you say playoff basketball isn't different then regular season basketball. You honestly think it's a cliche ? Whatever...

Why didn't we manage to win our home game with Boston this year ? Can you honestly say our players didn't play with more intensity (@home) in the playoffs than the regular season ?

The facts and evidence show that they didn't win a game on the road until losing at home to Detroit. So, is Boston such a bad road team that they can't win on the road ? Nope, because the facts and the evidence show they are the best team in the league on the road. So why did they lose all their games, most by small margins, on the road, and practically dominated at home ? Do you really think it is because Cleveland and Atlanta are such great home teams ? Are you disputing the fact that the Celtics played better on the road after losing their first home game ?

Come back to reality, man. You're trying to find something retarded to argue about, when all the facts are spread out right in front of you. It's veering off the subject of the original post now, and the bottom line is..whether or not Boston wins it all..it will not make us look better. Perhaps if they would have won a game in Cleveland, it would have, but that's not the case.

P.S. If KG doesn't do anything to another grown ass man after getting headbutted, what makes you think he'll do anything to me ? That was a pretty lame joke.. Zaza is bigger than him and just as tall and looks like a KILLA lol.Unless you're 6'11 and 260 than u have no shot man.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

More BS!!!

P.S. If KG doesn't do anything to another grown ass man after getting headbutted, what makes you think he'll do anything to me ? That was a pretty lame joke.. Zaza is bigger than him and just as tall and looks like a KILLA lol.Unless you're 6'11 and 260 than u have no shot man.

ZaZa is not intimidating in any form or fashion. Speaking of fashion, he's like the fashion editor for some magazine. KG is NBA athlete. He'd be utterly retarded to do anything to me. It's not about whether or not I can fight KG. How lame would I sound saying that on the internet ?

• Premium Member

Quote:

It may very well give us 5 - 8 national TV games, with one of those games definitely being a home game vs Boston.

I don't think we will sniff 5 games... Even if Boston Sweeps the Lakers.

The reason I feel that way is that there's a media bias against the Hawks. However, I think we will get 2 games.

1 vs. the Celtics (In Atlanta).

1 vs. the Hornets.

Of course the Hornets game is so that the broadcasters can point out that we passed up Chris Paul.

• Premium Member

Quote:

1. Players say what they say to motivate themselves and their teams. Pierce called both game 7s a wake up call for the Celtics.

Quote:

Well, first off, I said that there is a difference in that you have more time to prepare during the playoffs and you focus more. Meaning that it's not a case where you're playing the 2nd night of a back to back or something like that. 2ndly, we didn't play a game of importance with Boston while we had Bibby. Moreover, matchup matchup matchup. With Bibby, we're a bad matchup for Boston. They can't play one man teams well. Here's a prediction for you to watch... The less of a team player Kobe becomes, the worse Boston's defense will look. The more Kobe tries to be a team player, the better Boston's defense will look. By the middle of Game 2 Kobe will figure this out and he will go to work (Just like JJ and Lebron)!

Quote:

So, let's see. You're saying that Boston just remained sleeping until they "had " to win. Dude... You need to come back to reality. Here's the truth.. Boston presents a bad matchup for Detroit. Unlike Atlanta and Cleveland, Detroit doesn't have the one guy who can make Boston change their defense. Moreover, Detroit has been Flip floppy all offseason. DIdn't they flip and flop against Philadelphia in the first round? About the flipping and Flopping of Detroit, Rip Halmilton had a monster game for him in that win, Rodney Stuckey showed up big in that game. However, Boston didn't turn anything up... IN that Home loss, the big three averaged 25 points (26, 25, 24) In the Away win, Boston's big three scored (22, 11, and 14)... They didn't pour anything on extra... See you keep feeding me Cliche after Cliche... but you have absolutely nothing game wise to back it up.

Quote:

So, let's see. You're saying that Boston just remained sleeping until they "had " to win. Dude... You need to come back to reality. Here's the truth.. Boston presents a bad matchup for Detroit. Unlike Atlanta and Cleveland, Detroit doesn't have the one guy who can make Boston change their defense. Moreover, Detroit has been Flip floppy all offseason. DIdn't they flip and flop against Philadelphia in the first round? About the flipping and Flopping of Detroit, Rip Halmilton had a monster game for him in that win, Rodney Stuckey showed up big in that game. However, Boston didn't turn anything up... IN that Home loss, the big three averaged 25 points (26, 25, 24) In the Away win, Boston's big three scored (22, 11, and 14)... They didn't pour anything on extra... See you keep feeding me Cliche after Cliche... but you have absolutely nothing game wise to back it up.

The big three didn't have a great offensive game on the game I'm referring too. Everybody else around them had outstanding games, like Kendrick Perkins. However, they played great defense and held a large lead, which is not how they normally play on the road. Whenever they had big leads on us in Atlanta, they'd eventually blow it and we would come back and win. However, they did not blow their lead and kept the Detroit Pistons at bay in the Palace at Auburn Hills, which is considered one of the tougher arenas to play at. There is nothing cliche at all about that..

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

1. Players say what they say to motivate themselves and their teams. Pierce called both game 7s a wake up call for the Celtics.

Eh ? So, if they were taking everything so "serious", then why did Paul Pierce have to say something like that to motivate himself and his teammates ? Was he just blowing hot air out his ass for the camera ?

EDIT: I'm don't know anything about him saying that with the Hawks or the Cavs. I specifically remember him saying the home loss vs. Detroit was a wake up call.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

More BS!!!

ZaZa is not intimidating in any form or fashion. Speaking of fashion, he's like the fashion editor for some magazine. KG is NBA athlete. He'd be utterly retarded to do anything to me. It's not about whether or not I can fight KG. How lame would I sound saying that on the internet ? the fact that you typed three lines to respond to a joke is lame lol

You are exactly right. I've been saying this forever.

Boston really didn't play any worse on the road against us, we just played so much better at home. Boston basically scored right around 100 ppg during the entire series, at home or on the road. The problem was that we just couldn't score on the road at all, so they blew us out.

Smith having a 3pt party in game 3 led us to victory. Game 4 he was also hitting tons of jumpers, and JJ absolutely dominating the 4th quarter.

People said Boston's defense was bad on the road, it wasn't. Defense is about effort, it's not something that comes and goes on the road. The difference was that we just made tons of shots that we wouldn't have made in Boston.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

The big three didn't have a great offensive game on the game I'm referring too. Everybody else around them had outstanding games, like Kendrick Perkins. However, they played great defense and held a large lead, which is not how they normally play on the road. Whenever they had big leads on us in Atlanta, they'd eventually blow it and we would come back and win. However, they did not blow their lead and kept the Detroit Pistons at bay in the Palace at Auburn Hills, which is considered one of the tougher arenas to play at. There is nothing cliche at all about that..

Boston's calling card is their defense? Usually the big three either allows one to score more or they score about the same. Show me the great statistical Jump in road play in the Detroit series for Boston. There is none. In fact, the reason why Flip was fired is because for the last home game, the team came out and didn't try to win. Is that Boston or is that something in Detroit? Boston seemed to consistently play their game and only made very small changes and they overcame Detroit because of the matchup.

• Premium Member

Quote:

People said Boston's defense was bad on the road, it wasn't. Defense is about effort, it's not something that comes and goes on the road. The difference was that we just made tons of shots that we wouldn't have made in Boston.

Right. Boston's defense wasn't bad, JJ just played superior. I have that game on my DVR (Game 4) and that 4th quarter is a thing of beauty. I have to learn how to make a video tape of the game from DVR. Anyway, it doesn't matter who was out there, JJ would have still went off.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Boston's calling card is their defense? Usually the big three either allows one to score more or they score about the same. Show me the great statistical Jump in road play in the Detroit series for Boston. There is none. In fact, the reason why Flip was fired is because for the last home game, the team came out and didn't try to win. Is that Boston or is that something in Detroit? Boston seemed to consistently play their game and only made very small changes and they overcame Detroit because of the matchup.

Actually, it is. I mean sure they have three bonafide stars on their team, but their calling card is really defense. Why do you think Thibadeau is getting the love he's getting ? Because their defense is ridiculous. Truth be told, I'm having a hard time finding actual stats, because their official website doesn't have splits for their playoff games.

• Moderators

Quote:

win.

I agree with a lot of this but, IMO, we earned the notice during the series versus Boston and that won't change much at all whether Boston wins the championship or not. We got some time in the sun from that series and our compelling home wins.