• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There will be a big move by Sund.

Brotha2ThaNite

I dont think so. I think its pretty evident that Gearon hired Sund because he wanted to keep things flowing like they are and try to in their words " build on last years playoffs". I think the fact that Gearon would not let BK fire Woody or trade Chills for Calderon shows that Gearon is a fan 1st, owner second. He falls in love with his guys. The only way I say Sund making a move is if the money he has to pay Smoove gets so high it doesnt leave room for either Marv or Chills. Also if talks go sour with Smoove and Smoove gets pizzed about money and Woody staying then maybe he gets moved. Otherwise I think we will see the same team as last year minus Salim with a couple cheap vets.

Sund has no draft picks and no cap space. His overall options are limited.

My guess is that next year is when he will have the chance to make his mark on the team. By early next year he will have seen the team in action and will have two tradable UFAs (Zaza and Bibby, assuming they haven't been traded already) and a tradable RFA (Marvin) as well as draft picks.

• Premium Member

It would almost be poetic to get rid of Marvin. Think about it. Marvin represents the biggest of BK's failure. Trading Marvin while he still has value would be smart for Sund to do unless he wants to hear the same Atlanta passed over Paul Speeches all year long.

I'm thinking he could trade Marvin for a late lottery pick and a player.

Marvin for Charlie V. and #8?

Marvin/Speedy for Antoine Walker/#3.

Can you see the Hawks starting the Sund Years with OJ Mayo??

Quote:

Quote:

It would almost be poetic to get rid of Marvin. Think about it. Marvin represents the biggest of BK's failure.

Nah, I think that Shelden Williams was BK's biggest failures!

Amen. No arguement can refute that. Marvin hasnt been a franchise player, but damn Shelden might find his way out of the league in the next few years.

Quote:

Quote:

It would almost be poetic to get rid of Marvin. Think about it. Marvin represents the biggest of BK's failure.

I agree.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

So what, you want to trade for Shelden to trade him again?

Marvin represents BK's biggest failures. The fact that BK was able to get Bibby for Shelden is a positive that outlives drafting Shelden.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I dont think so. I think its pretty evident that Gearon hired Sund because he wanted to keep things flowing like they are and try to in their words " build on last years playoffs". I think the fact that Gearon would not let BK fire Woody or trade Chills for Calderon shows that Gearon is a fan 1st, owner second. He falls in love with his guys. The only way I say Sund making a move is if the money he has to pay Smoove gets so high it doesnt leave room for either Marv or Chills. Also if talks go sour with Smoove and Smoove gets pizzed about money and Woody staying then maybe he gets moved. Otherwise I think we will see the same team as last year minus Salim with a couple cheap vets.

Mostly agree, but give it a slim chance that a Bibby+ZaZa deal could be hatched yet.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I'll take:

Frye/J.Jones/13 or two second round picks for Marvin and ZaZa

I can't see Sund making any moves though. If he does tonight I would be surprised.

Who is J. Jones?

James Jones who averaged 8 ppg while shooting 43% 2.8 rpg and Frye averaging 6.8 ppg and 4.5 rpg? Damn!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'll take:

Frye/J.Jones/13 or two second round picks for Marvin and ZaZa

I can't see Sund making any moves though. If he does tonight I would be surprised.

Who is J. Jones?

James Jones who averaged 8 ppg while shooting 43% 2.8 rpg and Frye averaging 6.8 ppg and 4.5 rpg? Damn!

You failed to mention the #13 pick in the draft. It could net R.Lopez, J.McGee, R.Hibbert or D. Jordan. These big men could help Horford and Smoove down low. James Jones just opted out so the Hawks could just sign him outright now.