• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can we please trade for Hinrich now?

DavidSomerset

I'm cool with it; but the salaries wouldn't work, Chicago would have to toss in some change.

The second deal sounds too good to be true. Count me in though. So Portland looks like:

Bayless

Roy

Marvin

?

Oden

Us:

Law/Hinrich

JJ/Hinrich/Chillz

Smoove

Horf

Aldridge

Quote:

I'm cool with it; but the salaries wouldn't work, Chicago would have to toss in some change.

The second deal sounds too good to be true. Count me in though. So Portland looks like:

Bayless

Roy

Marvin

?

Oden

Us:

Law/Hinrich

JJ/Hinrich/Chillz

Smoove

Horf

Aldridge

Portland took Rush (one guy in the draft I wanted) and not Bayless and Aldridge is their PF .and I doubt we're interested.another teams actually NEEDS Hinrich and is a better fit than Atlanta.

Quote:

Kirk Hinrich isnt that good. If Bibby is healthy Bibby > Hinrich. If the Bulls had any faith in Hinrich they would have taken the best player in the draft Beasly.

exactly.He didn't even play PG most of the time in Chicage.Duhon started alot.I'd get Duhon before Hinrich.Hinrich is an undersized SG.

Quote:

Quote:

Kirk Hinrich isnt that good. If Bibby is healthy Bibby > Hinrich. If the Bulls had any faith in Hinrich they would have taken the best player in the draft Beasly.

exactly.He didn't even play PG most of the time in Chicage.Duhon started alot.I'd get Duhon before Hinrich.Hinrich is an undersized SG.

Duhon only started 18 games.

Hinrich started 72 of the 75 games he played in.

Hinrich>Bibby in all facets of the game, except maybe driving to the basket.

Quote:

Can someone please explain to me why Chicago would want Bibby when they're trying to get rid of their guards in Gordon and Hinrich? It seems like a lateral move IMO. Does the contract of Bibby really help the Bulls out that much?

Bibby's 15M contract expires at the end of this year.

Gives Rose one year to really learn the ropes, then they would have a ton of cap room.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Duhon only started 18 games.

Hinrich started 72 of the 75 games he played in.

Hinrich>Bibby in all facets of the game, except maybe driving to the basket. last time I checked they weren't rookie's last year.They've been in the league a few years and what I meant is that Hinrich started at SG next to Duhon most of the time.and Hinrich isn't much of an upgrade,we don't need him and we aren't traded for him,that's a fact.

Quote:

Quote:

Bayless

Roy

Marvin

?

Oden

Us:

Law/Hinrich

JJ/Hinrich/Chillz

Smoove

Horf

Aldridge

Portland took Rush (one guy in the draft I wanted) and not Bayless and Aldridge is their PF .and I doubt we're interested.another teams actually NEEDS Hinrich and is a better fit than Atlanta.

Indiana traded Bayless to the Blazers for Rush/Jarrett Jack. Look it up.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bayless

Roy

Marvin

?

Oden

Us:

Law/Hinrich

JJ/Hinrich/Chillz

Smoove

Horf

Aldridge

Indiana traded Bayless to the Blazers for Rush/Jarrett Jack. Look it up. It just happened a little while ago unless i'm just real late.

• Premium Member

Hinrich is a better player than Bibby, on both ends... plus he is younger. Still, it's true that he isn't all that good

I still would like to see what Acie can do though... It seems like he won't really get a chance with the Woodster resigned for the next two years, but hopefully the lumps he took his rookie year will motivate him to really improve his game and make it impossible for Woody to chain him to the bench.

Still, i don't think we can really count on Acie and we should definitely be exploring ways to find a long term solution at PG. The one thing I'm sure of is that Bibby is DEFINITELY not the answer to our PG problems... Hinrich would be an improvement, but I don't think he is what we should be looking for either.

How about this one:

Zaza, Speedy and Bibby for Hughes, Noah and Hinrich.

CHI needs to clear space for Rose and Gordon. Hughes is almost untradeable, so we're helping them out there and Zaza + Bibby gives them almost $18 million of cap space at the end of next year.

Adding up the positives of the friendly contracts we're giving and the negative contracts they're getting rid of, the deal's close.

BUT, can we afford to re-sign our own players if we did this deal?

Quote:

last time I checked they weren't rookie's last year.They've been in the league a few years and what I meant is that Hinrich started at SG next to Duhon most of the time.and Hinrich isn't much of an upgrade,we don't need him and we aren't traded for him,that's a fact.

No. Just no. Duhon and Hinrich did not start together "most of the time". Hinrich started next to Gordon, Thabo, and Hughes more than he started next to Duhon.