• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I wish Marvin would at least TRY to shoot 3's

DavidSomerset

I hope he takes this off season to improve and take his game to another level. I hope Sekou keeps us updated on what he is doing and who is working with him. If he can not see that his is a key to the team success and not working hard then he needs to go.

Quote:

If he could develop a consistent 3 point shot, I would be satisfied with him as our starting SF.

I hope Woodson really encourages Marvin to be aggressive next year. I don't think Marvin should have too much trouble extending his range.

Quote:

Quote:

If he could develop a consistent 3 point shot, I would be satisfied with him as our starting SF.

I hope Woodson really encourages Marvin to be aggressive next year. I don't think Marvin should have too much trouble extending his range. uglyhammer.gif

I think it's BS. IMO Woody tells Marvin and JS to leave the three shooting to the guards. Marvin buys Woody's junk and JS thinks ("FU" you ignorant old fool).

For a guy with Marvin's stroke to not be shooting threes is insane. Hell...he's 6'9" or so - he can easily throw it that far spin.gif

Honestly...when I was 17 I could hit 33% (one out of three) from the 3 point line straight up - no defense - (no backboard shots either)...but I wasn't 6'9".....it's not that hard if you can shoot.

Quote:

Quote:

So I guess that you wouldn't be satisfied with Deng as our SF?

Marvin isn't as good as Deng, the talent upgrade would be so big that Deng's lack of a 3pt shot doesn't matter. Obviously we would love Deng as our SF. But, for MARVIN to be effective he needs to develop that 3pt shot. Otherwise he needs to go because we must improve that part of our team.

Point well made. It begs the question what is the one thing that each of the Hawks need to work on?

Marvin: 3 pt shot, aggressiveness

Smoove: shot selection, ???

ZaZa: Play every game like he did against KG.

Chill: whole new jump shot?

Al: keep doing what he's doing

Bibby: consistent outside shot

Law: consistency when he gets the minutes

JJ: fewer minutes

Solo: Get on the court.

If each one of them addressed these strategic areas it would be a big difference in our team play.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think it's BS. IMO Woody tells Marvin and JS to leave the three shooting to the guards. Marvin buys Woody's junk and JS thinks ("FU" you ignorant old fool).

For a guy with Marvin's stroke to not be shooting threes is insane. Hell...he's 6'9" or so - he can easily throw it that far
spin.gif

Honestly...when I was 17 I could hit 33% (one out of three) from the 3 point line straight up - no defense - (no backboard shots either)...but I wasn't 6'9".....it's not that hard if you can shoot.

Stop blaming the coach. It's not coaching. Marvin lacks confidence out there. Can you blame him. He was 1/10 this year AND 24% the previous 2 seasons. He is not a three point shooter. Stop hoping and wishing and blaming the coach. It's not his game.

Quote:

Quote:

For a guy with Marvin's stroke to not be shooting threes is insane. Hell...he's 6'9" or so - he can easily throw it that far
spin.gif

Stop blaming the coach. It's not coaching. Marvin lacks confidence out there. Can you blame him. He was 1/10 this year AND 24% the previous 2 seasons. He is not a three point shooter. Stop hoping and wishing and blaming the coach. It's not his game.

Seems to me to be a fair deal if they stopped blaming the coach if you stopped blaming Marvin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

spin.gif

Seems to me to be a fair deal if they stopped blaming the coach if you stopped blaming Marvin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you tell me a guy has a world of potential but he never reaches it. Who is to blame?

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344">

Let's blame Jordan!!!

That is a great commercial by Jordan. Marvin has the size and shot to be a more dynamic player than he is but he has to work to reach his potential. I can blame the coach for Marvin not shooting threes in his first and maybe even his second season. But as for last season and next there is no excuse for Marvin to not be shooting from beyond the arc consistently. Woody cannot make Marvin work on the holes in his game in the off season. Thats is something Marvin must do and put it to use come November. Marvin is going to be as good as how much he works on his game. Period.