• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Penny on....

jaywalker72

Quote:

No, I would not give Marvin away for Nothing.

I would trade Marvin for something we could use.

You however.. would keep Marvin regardless of logjam. Regardless of Salary cap issues. Regardless of
lack of heart
.. And the only reason you'd do so is because we drafted him.

Let me ask you something.

If Marvin played for the Suns. And we had Raja Bell and Brook Lopez.. Would you trade them for Marvin?

If Marvin played for Charlotte. And we had Gerald Wallace, would you trade G-Force for Marvin and Speedy?

If Marvin played for Detroit, and we had Tayshun.. Would you trade Tayshun for Marvin?

I would love to hear your responses!

I don't know how you came to the conclusion that Marvin doesn't have a or play with heart. Also, I would send Lopez and Bell for Marvin if I were the Suns. Bell's defense is overrated, and he's old. Lopez hasn't proven anything in the NBA, and may never be any good on offense or defense.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

If Marvin played for the Suns. And we had Raja Bell and Brook Lopez.. Would you trade them for Marvin?

I gotta hand it to you brother, you really know how to keep people arguing by writing some of the craziest stuff day after day on this message board. So you want Raja Bell who is 31 year old with a career average of 10 ppg career shooting percentage of 43%, last year averaging 12 ppg shooting 42% in 35 minutes playing with Steve Nash and Amare Stoudamire. Doesn't do anything else and you want to trade for him? And what in the heck has Robin Lopez done that Patrick O'Bryant hasn't done? You are a piece of work man!

Quote:

Quote:

I gotta hand it to you brother, you really know how to keep people arguing by writing some of the craziest stuff day after day on this message board. So you want Raja Bell who is 31 year old with a career average of 10 ppg career shooting percentage of 43%, last year averaging 12 ppg shooting 42% in 35 minutes playing with Steve Nash and Amare Stoudamire. Doesn't do anything else and you want to trade for him? And what in the heck has Robin Lopez done that Patrick O'Bryant hasn't done? You are a piece of work man!

Thank you. I couldn't have said it any better.

...no brainer. JC is a "glue guy" like I'm an Astronaut. He just runs around and does stuff. A typical 7th man on a good team....Lotsa dumb guys come out of Stanford. They can't recruit.

Now if he could hit the curveball to the riight/center gap...then I'd give him credit.

Otherwise...running around with PITIFUL shot that he can't get off in traffic doesn't impress me.

Quote:

...no brainer. JC is a "glue guy" like I'm an Astronaut. He just runs around and does stuff. A typical 7th man on a good team....Lotsa dumb guys come out of Stanford. They can't recruit.

That, my friend, is naive.

Guest Walter

Quote:

If you are going to trade Marvin, it would make sense to trade him after the season.

I think it would make more sense to trade MW during the season as part of a package including Bibby. MW would become the FA for whatever team who traded for him and they would have his restriction rights. That means he would count very little against their cap. In short, like GS right now, they could be many millions under the cap (or in much better financial position) as a result of Bibby's ending contract, sign a player with that cap space, AND still resign or match MW while going over the cap.

Hard to overestimate the trade value of PO-tential AND $14.5 mil in cap space combined.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

If you are going to trade Marvin, it would make sense to trade him after the season.

I think it would make more sense to trade MW during the season as part of a package including Bibby. MW would become the FA for whatever team who traded for him and they would have his restriction rights. That means he would count very little against their cap. In short, like GS right now, they could be many millions under the cap (or in much better financial position) as a result of Bibby's ending contract, sign a player with that cap space, AND still resign or match MW while going over the cap.

Hard to overestimate the trade value of PO-tential AND $14.5 mil in cap space combined.

W

Bibby is not getting traded. You guys act like he has a favorable contract or he is a difference maker. Marvin's production is a bargain so he won't get traded for someone who cost more! Doesn't make logical sense to assume that an organization that is frugal will spend more money by trading their bargain players!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Bibby is not getting traded. You guys act like he has a favorable contract or he is a difference maker.

You lose all credibility right here.

Do you know how many teams would kill to just get 15 Million dollars under the cap? Add to that the amount of teams that would kill for a real PG who can score. Let me just say, topping the list is Miami, Cleveland, and soon to be GS.

Bibby will get traded before the deadline if Acie shows that he is able to take over because:

1. Moving Bibby in the right kind of deal will clear ASG if they go over the luxury cap. In other words, ASG can go over the luxury cap but won't have to pay their dues until Jan. So if they can move Bibby for an exception, they can be freed of that burden.

2. Moving Bibby can get us back either a Vet Big or another shooter (cheaper).

3. Moving Bibby + another player can get us a star or superstar. i.e. Bibby for Redd.

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby is not getting traded. You guys act like he has a favorable contract or he is a difference maker.

You lose all credibility right here.

Do you know how many teams would kill to just get 15 Million dollars under the cap? Add to that the amount of teams that would kill for a real PG who can score. Let me just say, topping the list is Miami, Cleveland, and soon to be GS.

Bibby will get traded before the deadline if Acie shows that he is able to take over because:

Teams would kill to have Bibby's 15 million dollar expiring contract but we would never do a trade with Miami or Cleveland because we would only be making them stronger and would have to take back crap like Wally-Z or Ben Wallace but a team out west would be a legit option.

Bibby being traded at the deadline is dependent on two things

1) Acie has a breakout year similar to Deron Williams

2) Speedy being healthy enough to play 20-25 minutes a game

If only one of those things happens Bibby will not be moved because we cannot afford to have one pg with no one to back him up because we will be stuck in the same situation we we're before we traded for Bibby.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Bibby being traded at the deadline is dependent on two things

1) Acie has a breakout year similar to Deron Williams

2) Speedy being healthy enough to play 20-25 minutes a game

If only one of those things happens Bibby will not be moved because we cannot afford to have one pg with no one to back him up because we will be stuck in the same situation we we're before we traded for Bibby.

Hold on.

If Acie has a break out season like Deron, Bibby will damn sure be moved. I think we go into the season with 3 functioning PGs and that's with or without Speedy.