• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JT for Wade still Possible.

Diesel

• Premium Member

That is if CC and Jones is included.

I figure with Odom being the next Clipper, They would really push for JT or to get rid of Jones. If We can send Hendu/JT (SNT) for Wade/Jones/Allen then we should do it.... Wade is going to be the man.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-heat08aug08,1,5562403.story?coll=sfla-sports-headlines

Wading in

First-round pick Dwyane Wade has been wowing spectators at Hoops gym in Chicago.

"He's playing great," said a Chicago-based agent, who has no affiliation with Wade. "He's playing against All-Stars like Juwan Howard, Antoine Walker, Michael Finley and Tim Hardaway.

"Wade is getting to the hole no matter who's guarding him. The Heat made a great pick, and there's no doubt in my mind he can play the one [point guard]."

from talent point of view, i'd take that deal!

but like u said Diesel, Eddie Jones' contract scarys me. But is it any worse than Michael Finley's??? They both have a longterm contract and for BIG MONEY... both havent been allstars in a while. Both are still capable of givin u 20 a game and play Defense.

I like Jones' defense. Extra incentive in gettin rid of Hendo + CC and getting Wade.

i probably do it if i had enough faith in Jones to play and contribute in the year 2006 and if Wade really is better than jason terry.

wade was the better college basketball player though

• Premium Member

Wade became a PG, the same time that JT became one. When he entered into the NBA too Short to be a SG.

I don't know how Wade will perform as a PG... However, I do know that Wade will probably be a better defender than JT simply because of wingspan, strength, and the way that he plays the position now.

I also know that Having Wade and Jones in the backcourt is probably better than JT alone.

If you consider everything, this is what is really left in the wake of the deal:

Theo/Nazr

SAR/Allen

CC/Honeycomb

Jones/Diaw/Hansen

Wade/Dickau

Now that leaves room for one player. Probably a SF. In our condition we need a Shooter. Perfect would be Theo for Lo/Battier.

But, let's talk about probable. Probable is that we would want a Sf who is cheap but can get the job done. Of the free agents available, maybe Walt the Wizard might do the job. Or if we want an experiment... DJ or DIon.

Either way, I think we become stronger defensively and we are similar offensively than last year.

About Jones' contract. 4 years is a long time. He's set to make alot. However, in 2005, I think we might have room for any kind of cap freeing deals. Maybe even using his contract as an add on in a trade.

First of all, Eddie Jones's contract is on the books till 2007, where he will be making in excess of $15 million.

Secondly, he's 32 years old with 5 years left on this deal. He hasn't played a full season in 3 years.

Why in the heck would we trade a young star in Jason Terry and a contract that will be off the books in 2 years for Eddie Jones and his 5 years remaining on his contract?

It makes no sense. All it would do to this team is stick them for Eddie Jones's contract, a contract that Miami would PAY someone to take.

This is as bad as Diesel's constant trade proposals to get Penny Hardaway last year.

Wade might be better than JT overall as a scorer and defender but you can't honestly think that Wade has more PG instincts than JT and didn't play the point in college. Boston thought they could turn Joseph Forte into a PG, but he has yet to contribute in the least bit. It's about who will do a better job at running the offense and right now I see JT as the better option even though Wade is more athletic and a better defender. You can't always go by what some analyst or scout said, they might just be trying to hype this guy up to the media.

• Premium Member

Well,

Because Right now, Jones and Wade are better than JT and Diaw or JT and Hansen or JT and some mystery Partner from Parts Unknown, Weight Unknown.

The point is that Fans don't want to look forward to a big Nothing in 2005. FAcy really doesn't help us ONE bit if we can't draw FAs.

As far as Jones... He doesn't have any chronic Injuries that has kept him out ala Grant Hill, Vince Carter, and T Brandon. Instead, he's been more like Chris Webber, Theo Ratliff, and Jamal Mashburn. Would you not trade for those guys??

Thirdly, this gives the Hawks a DIRECTION. Not only are we a team trying to be competitive NOW, but we are also a team that is looking to be defensive. Our Guards are defensive. Our Center is defensive. All we need is a Physical defensive Sf and we're in business.

Now, here's my question KB...

Hendu is a backup that will make 8 million now and almost 10 million in 2005.

This year, Hendu scored 4.8 ppg, 4.9 rpg in 18.2 mpg. This time is probably going down in the next 2 years.

You just objected to trading for a guy who put up 18.2 ppg, 4.8 rpg in 38.1 mpg.

Yes Jones missed a good number of Games... BUT When Jones played, he was on the floor for 38.1 mpg.

In that time, EJ was a better shooter, scorer and Three point Shooter than JT.

Wade hasn't played on moment of Basketball in the NBA, but Wade did have a good College career and has looked impressive in preseason and predraft camps.

Do you honestly believe that Hendu and JT will contribute MORE than Wade and Jones over the NEXT 4 years...

AND

If you believe that 2005 is going to be a great time for us, please explain to me how we will draw top notch FAs in 2005 when Theo/SAR leaves when we can't draw Stephen Jackson NOW when Theo and SAR are signed???

Common [censored] sense says that we should get talent now. Be Competitive and maybe we will be in a better position to get free agents later. However if we [censored] away this season and next season "playing it safe" we will have nothing to show for so much MONEY under the cap.

I never said JT was a PG, I still label him a "combo guard."

Which is exactly what Wade is...

JT has proven that he can't run a team, but he can score 20 a night.

Wade has done none of that.

If I'm going to give up JT, I want a player with a true position. No more of this tweener crap...

• Premium Member

There is a real position player.

Eddie Jones. He's better than JT. Wade is a wild card. What if Wade is a good PG. What if he is like Sam Cassell who played his college ball as a SG. I liked Wade in College. I thought that he was a powerful player with a powerful game. If we could get him in exchange for JT... Even while taking on Jone's contract and losing Hendu's, I don't think it's that bad of a move.

Diesel you stated Wade was a power player, that doesn't really fit Cassel but more so like Baron Davis. Davis uses his size and strenght to cut to the Basket and either score or dish it off to his teammates. Can Wade turn out to be similar to Davis?

• Premium Member

Yeah, I guess you can say Davis or Francis. He's strong. Plays good defense. But the key is that he has huge wingspan. He's a 6'4 player with a 6'10" wingspan. That's huge. I suspect that him having natural leadership is huge too. I watched him carry Marqutette to the final four and I think that he's better than most people give him credit for. I think out of this draft... The names to remember will be: James, Mello, Wade, and Lampje.

In reply to:

Wade, 6-4, is fighting the "undersized" label despite leading Marquette to the Final Four. His ability to score as a shooting guard in the NBA comes into question.

However, Wade's 6-10 wingspan and defensive skills have impressed teams.

"The thing you came away with today about Dwyane is that he can be a great defender in this league," Barone said. "There's no question about that. He's physical. He's tough. He's got great foot quickness on the ball defensively."