• Raised $390 of $700 target

What $72 Million Gets You

thecampster

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No they aren't. Okafor is 2.75" taller, his standing reach is 4" higher and he weighs 20 pounds more than Smith.

measurements

He can definitely play center although he is better splitting his time between the 4 and 5.

Having said that i am fine with Smith getting 6 years $72 million.

Smoove came in as a growing high schooler. He's prolly a little taller now.

Yeah that is definitely not apples/apples.

Man HIgh5 I keep thinking you are Exodus with the identical avatars.

He has a few more posts than I do. But I can't remember a play more exciting than that one. I'll have this avatar for a while.

He has a few more posts than I do. But I can't remember a play more exciting than that one. I'll have this avatar for a while.

The timing of that play really made it huge, the fact that it was at home against Boston in the playoffs. But there is another play that JJ made in the regular season that just floored me and turned the season around. I think i will start a new thread about it.

Before I start, it's been 4 years since I posted on this board (although i read it fairly religiously). A whatup to Dolfan and the guys. Long time no see.

Wow it's been a long time since I have seen you posting, welcome back!

I think that at this point the only question is whether or not they want Smith back. The market for him has been set and it will cost an average of 12 million per year over the life of the deal to get it done. Whether he gets paid that by us, or by someone else, that's what it will take to sign him. So the team needs to decide whether or not they want him back and it's really that simple.

Thank God the other RFAs have finally started signing contracts as that should put max pressure on the ASG and Sund to get something done, either sign or trade.

League sources have informed HOOPSWORLD that the Chicago Bulls and restricted free agent Luol Deng may have reached a deal on a new contract.

Sources say the deal could be worth as much as $81 million on a new six-year deal, hinting that the deal on the table could fall anywhere between $71 million and $81 million depending on unspecified incentives.

Sources also say that the Bulls will now focus more attention on Ben Gordon, and hope to get something done with him in the next few weeks.

• Premium Member
glad I saw your tag....prompted me to go get another one.

Cat----Deng----Smooth

PPG----17.0-------17.2----- +.2

RPG----6.3-------8.2------ +1.9

APG-----2.5-------3.4------- +.9

Stl-------.9-------1.5------- +.6

Blk------.46-------3.4-------+2.94

FG%----47.9------.45.7----- -2.2%

And Deng got 6 years, 70 million. To quote the 2 live stu's.. "Come on Man"

Nice post(s). It seems that the home fans are a bit more critical of Smoove despite his drastic improvement from year one in the ATL. My memory isn't that short so I know the young man's value to this team. He WAS our post defense this past season. He missed a lot of three pointers but he made some pretty darn crucial ones too. I'm pretty sure we all know that but only some of us choose to look at the positive here. After the way we played Boston in the first round, I thought the atmosphere would change around here. I was wrong. Strangely, it seems to have gotten worse. That doesn't mean that I think Smoove is without his faults, but to say that he isn't worth the big bucks compared to the guys mentioned above is ridiculous. The grass is NOT always greener on the other side. If we don't cultivate what we already have, we will be in rebuilding mode sooner rather than later.

League sources have informed HOOPSWORLD that the Chicago Bulls and restricted free agent Luol Deng may have reached a deal on a new contract.

Sources say the deal could be worth as much as $81 million on a new six-year deal, hinting that the deal on the table could fall anywhere between $71 million and $81 million depending on unspecified incentives.

Sources also say that the Bulls will now focus more attention on Ben Gordon, and hope to get something done with him in the next few weeks.

If he gets close to 81 mill, and Smoove isn't signed by 12 pm it's on and poppin... :angry:

I agree with that considering what others are getting. There's no way in the world I would go 81 million.

I doubt Deng does either. Everything I saw said 6 years 70 mill. His source is the first I heard 81 mill.