• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chill Will Be On 8:20am

Brotha2ThaNite

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"got offered much more lucrative contracts by 2 championship-caliber teams in snt deals; i woulda been in starting role; when i say much more lucrative i mean a lot more"

5years/33 is what hawks offered him

"deal originally started below MLE, and i was told to find another offer since i wasn't happy with that one"

"found 2 better offers involving snts, but no willingness to do those, so i looked elsewhere, and that elsewhere was greece"

woody re-signing wasn't a factor to him; but he "felt like his role was very very set here...viewed as 6th man, the guy who comes in and brings energy...as a player, as a competitor, as a person, u always want to have opportunity to maybe compete for starting spot, or viewed as someone who is more than a rebounder and a finisher, just personally wanting to be better, so i think that came into play more than coach woodson"

"shouldn't necessarily be a guy who works hard who has no chance of moving up...should be competition...even some games when someone was out, i still didn't start...times as a player you want to be able to grow, grow into a bigger role, and i felt like that role was kinda carved out and no room for growth"

re: jsmoove being re-signed - "my gut? i haven't talked to him in a few days; my gut is...yes; however, there is a chance that he won't"

smoove def has issues with how this summer has played out

"there has to be some sort of urgency from team standpoint"

"we were told that we were biggest priority, but then when time comes, one week goes by, 2 weeks, 3 weeks...well that priority doesn't seem as high as it did 3 weeks ago...i think he is frustrated in that regard...he wants to get things done...wants to be secure that he has a job for the next 5 or 6 years and is being paid fairly"

"had i not gotten an offer for higher, then that contract woulda obviously been the best for me"

"am i supposed to allow a gm to come in and, i'm not gonna say bully me, but ...i wanna break this down for u...i get an offer from hawks below mle...told go find offer...fair enough...go out find offer from 2 contenders, much better offers...that kinda sets the table...should set it in normal negotiations...team should match...atl offers 5/33...unwilling to match those offers...so i'm in a situation where because they have the power, i can't do anything about it...so even through that, i'm sitting there like, you know what, this is a lot of money, let's get something done...then i'm told, you have to wait...we have to wait and see what we have to do with signing josh and getting another FA...so basically, that tells me that they are trying to do what they have to do to what's best for them...rick sund and his a** gm were doing what was best for them...they were making the business move...how is it that they are allowed to make a biz move, but when i make one, i'm selfish..."

"i never met rick sund, or his a** gm...i talked to them on the phone...i talked to gearon a lot...i have not talked to coach"

"euro league is not a jv basketball league"

"i enjoyed atlanta, the people, the fans, southern living"

I don't think it was about the money for Chillz or the ASG dragging it's feet.

It was about him not having the opportunity to start in ATL.

that was important to him, but he ACCEPTED the offer and they told him to wait

if they had just signed him when he accepted 5/33, then he'd be a hawk right now

this is on sund

fill me in guys- im at work....pulling up HS in between flippin' sausages....

Points made in the interview:

-Sund never met him face to face.

-He felt the 33 million offer was a good offer, but two championship teams offered him more AFTER Sund told him to find another deal.

-After he found a deal, he was told to wait until Josh Smith was resolved and another FA was signed

-Spirit thought he was bluffing

-He felt that we as given a rigid role and wasn't given the chance to compete. He didn't want to knock Marvin, but he felt he should have been allowed to compete. Even when Marvin was out of the line up, other guys were allowed to start.

-Josh Smith is frustrated.

-Feels Josh will stay, but could go elsewhere.

-Feels he should be considered to be more than a rebounder.

-Dislikes how people could side with management for making a business decision, but when players do what's best for them, they are thrashed

-really appreciated fans

-implied, he doesn't know the direction of the team

fill me in guys- im at work....pulling up HS in between flippin' sausages....

1. Chills got a decent offer from the Hawks but turned it down and was told to look for better offers.

2. Chills said he found 2 better offers from championship caliber teams but Hawks refused to match them (or sign and trade BUT the words sign and trade never came out of his mouth).

3. Then Chillz said he was ready to settle for the $33 mill deal BUT the Hawks said he could not sign it yet. That it would be a hand shake agreement until they decide what to do with the Josh Smith and sign another FA.

4. At that point Chillz went to Greece to find the offer he settled with.

He seemed upset with 2 things:

1. The way Atlanta dragged their feet in the negotiations. He said Atlanta is allowed to make business decision (in terms of making him wait to sign the contract until after a decision on Smoove is made which could be a long time.) Yet, when the individual, Chillz in this case, makes a business decision they are viewed as selfish. He said he was troubled by that.

2. He also says that every individual wants the chance to better themself and went on to say that his role was established in Atlanta with chance for starting. He was asked if was every told he could not start over Marvin. He said over the years tyhat message was communicated without actually having to say it. The whole actions speak louder then words spill.

He was also was asked what his "gut" told him with Smith coming back. After a long pause he very hesitantly said "yes" Smoove would be back but was quick to add that their is real chance he would NOT come back b/c Smith is upset about the same thing he was upset with. Meaning the extremely slow negotiations process that leads one to feel that there is a lack of respect there.

Edited by coachx

that was important to him, but he ACCEPTED the offer and they told him to wait

if they had just signed him when he accepted 5/33, then he'd be a hawk right now

this is on sund

I have a hard time believing Childress completely when he tells fibs like "got offered much more lucrative contracts by 2 championship-caliber teams in snt deals; i woulda been in starting role; when i say much more lucrative i mean a lot more".

A lot more? No way. Furthermore did he expect us to take whatever trash these contenders were offering? The Hawks aren't a concierge service for his every desire. If it comes down to overpaid scraps in return for Childress or Childress walking I prefer the latter. Same with a $7 Chill vs. a $2.5 Evans.