• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chill Will Be On 8:20am

Brotha2ThaNite

The money is the real issue because despite all of his other complaints he was willing to come back, but he showed his immaturity by not understanding the bigger picture and trusting the handshake deal that Sund offered him.

I'd argue that he showed a tremendous amount of intelligence and maturity by not accepting a "handshake deal" from a guy he never met with.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd argue that he showed a tremendous amount of intelligence and maturity by not accepting a "handshake deal" from a guy he never met with.

I remember back in the day the Bulls pulled a stunt on Cliff Levingston. He turned down an offer from Atlanta and the Bulls said they would sign him but he had to wait awhile. So he did and his options dried up.

The Bulls then signed him to a deal well below what he turned down in Atlanta.

• Moderators
Again, how is someone saying you are good at many different things a bad thing? If my girlfriend said I was good at many different things concerning love making (and oh yes, she does lol) I certainly wouldn't be mad or feel slighted.

Woody helped to make Chillz into one of the best 6th men in the league and if there's anyone that Woody showed favoritism too or failed to neglect it would be Chillz (along with JJ). Chillz was his boy and he used him in the best manner he could to get the most out of him. If ANYONE is to blame for Chillz being a 6th man it would be BK for drafting Marvin and basically relegating Chillz to the bench.

I think you would feel slighted if you felt like you were more than just good at some things. Especially if you had spent your whole life practicing and perfecting your 'game'.

I don't blame Woody for Chillz being a 6th man. But I think there is some merit to Chills assertion that Woody has pigeon holed these guys into a role and there is little chance of them getting out of it. Now if it was working really well then you could understand but I think we could have been a much better team over the course of the season with a different coach.

Outside of JJs end of the year praise for Woody most the players when asked basically say 'I don't have a problem with coach' Which is a far cry from 'I really want to play for him' All these things have an affect on negotiations.

• Premium Member
Come on off the company van.

Diesel, the rest of your post was actually fairly reasonable. But, because you still haven't learned how to make an argument without insulting the other poster, I'm going to continue to ignore you.

I'd love to have intelligent discussions with you, when you're ready.

The money is the real issue because despite all of his other complaints he was willing to come back, but he showed his immaturity by not understanding the bigger picture and trusting the handshake deal that Sund offered him.

This just might be the silliest comment in this whole thread. If anything, Childress showed his intelligence by not trusting the "handshake" deal offered by Sund. If you offer me a contract for $33 million, and I accept, why should I have to wait to sign it???? It doesn't make sense. Is there a difference between $33 million today and $33 million next month? :no-no: Therefore, the only reason they'd ask Childress to wait to sign his contract is if there was a possibility that they might go back on their agreement. The fact that they wanted Childress to wait on signing the contract means that they weren't fully committed to holding up their end of the agreement. To call it anything else is extremely naive.

This just might be the silliest comment in this whole thread. If anything, Childress showed his intelligence by not trusting the "handshake" deal offered by Sund. If you offer me a contract for $33 million, and I accept, why should I have to wait to sign it???? It doesn't make sense. Is there a difference between $33 million today and $33 million next month? :no-no: Therefore, the only reason they'd ask Childress to wait to sign his contract is if there was a possibility that they might go back on their agreement. The fact that they wanted Childress to wait on signing the contract means that they weren't fully committed to holding up their end of the agreement. To call it anything else is extremely naive.

How do you (or I or anyone for that matter) know that there isn't a reason to ask him to wait other than they might want to back out of it? I'm sure there is a lot more going on behind the scenes about why they wanted him to wait than we are aware of or have even thought about it. I'd understand being cautious about a handshake deal if you are talking about doing business with a guy on the street, but not with a guy like Sund who is so well respected around the league. Don't you think that if he offered Childress a handshake deal and then backed out of it that word would get around that he did that and it would destroy his credibility? Why would he risk that? So I'm sorry, it's not intelligence that Childress showed here, it may have been harsh to call it immaturity, but at best it showed his lack of trust and a lack of patience.

How do you (or I or anyone for that matter) know that there isn't a reason to ask him to wait other than they might want to back out of it? I'm sure there is a lot more going on behind the scenes about why they wanted him to wait than we are aware of or have even thought about it. I'd understand being cautious about a handshake deal if you are talking about doing business with a guy on the street, but not with a guy like Sund who is so well respected around the league. Don't you think that if he offered Childress a handshake deal and then backed out of it that word would get around that he did that and it would destroy his credibility? Why would he risk that? So I'm sorry, it's not intelligence that Childress showed here, it may have been harsh to call it immaturity, but at best it showed his lack of trust and a lack of patience.

Why wouldn't he trust a guy who couldn't take the time to meet with him? Who offered a contract and then told him he'd have to wait to sign it. Who told him to go get a better deal and then said they weren't going to do a trade? Why wouldn't Childress be blindly loyal and accept the word of a man he had never met?

Accepting a handshake deal would have made me question Childress' Stanford education.

I am in the camp that there is something fishy about ASG wanting Chillz to hold off on signing a contract. As far as Chillz signing first would hurt negotiations with Smoove, nah, I am not buying it. I would be willing to bet that 4 hours after ASG had made their offer to Chillz, Smoove knew all about it. These guys talk to each other on a regular basis.

Why wouldn't he trust a guy who couldn't take the time to meet with him? Who offered a contract and then told him he'd have to wait to sign it. Who told him to go get a better deal and then said they weren't going to do a trade? Why wouldn't Childress be blindly loyal and accept the word of a man he had never met?

Accepting a handshake deal would have made me question Childress' Stanford education.

This whole "he wouldn't meet with me" BS is getting tiring. Name me ONE profession where it's the CEO's (or related position in the company) job to come and find the employee to meet with them. Childress could have gone AT ANY TIME to Sund's office and met with him, unless you believe that Sund would have said no you cannot come in. Childress could have been at the meeting in Washington and if he wasn't there then it's nobodies fault but his own, unless again you believe that Sund said he couldn't be there.

At the company that I used to work for my boss once asked me to wait 3 months to talk about my raise, I didn't understand why and I wasn't thrilled about it, but I took him at his word that in 3 months he would take care of it, and he did. There's no difference here. Sund asked Childress to trust him and without any reason not to trust him, Childress refused.

Okay, so Sund said go and get a better deal and Childress got what he thought was a better deal, but should it be up to Sund to cater to Childress and accept junk for him?

I'm just baffled how you guys can be so pro Childress and so anti-Sund in regard to this when the reality is that there is plenty of "blame" for both sides but as usual most of you do nothing but blindly take the players side.

just listened to the replay.......

Props to Chillz for being so forthcoming and upfront about everything. He didn't dodge any questions and answered everything and made everything very clear. I can't say I blame him at all after hearing him speak. He seems very upset with Sund's handling of this matter and with the "predetermined" role they had for him as a 6th man. The latter part you can blame on Woodson. I agree with Chillz.....there should be competition for starting lineup spots and if you dont produce, the better man should replace you. They should have been open to Chilz winning the starting job from Marvin if he earned it.

It's very disillusioning and disappointing to hear how Sund is handling these FA negotiations for both Chillz and Smoove. Chillz said that Smith is also very frustrated that it's not done yet, so you know it's Sund/ASG that are dragging this thing out and not Smoove. Sund has done everything to derail all the good feelings we all had after the season ended and doesn't give us much promise for the future. The ASG doesn't appear to be committed to winning. This isn't how you treat your 2 BIGGEST OFFSEASON PRIORITIES! They didn't show any urgency to sign Chillz and they appear to be doing the same with Smoove. This can't end up good.

This whole "he wouldn't meet with me" BS is getting tiring. Name me ONE profession where it's the CEO's (or related position in the company) job to come and find the employee to meet with them. Childress could have gone AT ANY TIME to Sund's office and met with him, unless you believe that Sund would have said no you cannot come in. Childress could have been at the meeting in Washington and if he wasn't there then it's nobodies fault but his own, unless again you believe that Sund said he couldn't be there.

At the company that I used to work for my boss once asked me to wait 3 months to talk about my raise, I didn't understand why and I wasn't thrilled about it, but I took him at his word that in 3 months he would take care of it, and he did. There's no difference here. Sund asked Childress to trust him and without any reason not to trust him, Childress refused.

Okay, so Sund said go and get a better deal and Childress got what he thought was a better deal, but should it be up to Sund to cater to Childress and accept junk for him?

I'm just baffled how you guys can be so pro Childress and so anti-Sund in regard to this when the reality is that there is plenty of "blame" for both sides but as usual most of you do nothing but blindly take the players side.

I totally agree. And its not like this doesn't happen in the NBA. Teams reach agreements and then hold off on actually signing the deals to make room or take care of other business. I really wonder how much "real world" experience some of you have had to not understand that business is rarely straight from mouth to paper.

just listened to the replay.......

Props to Chillz for being so forthcoming and upfront about everything. He didn't dodge any questions and answered everything and made everything very clear. I can't say I blame him at all after hearing him speak. He seems very upset with Sund's handling of this matter and with the "predetermined" role they had for him as a 6th man. The latter part you can blame on Woodson. I agree with Chillz.....there should be competition for starting lineup spots and if you dont produce, the better man should replace you. They should have been open to Chilz winning the starting job from Marvin if he earned it.

It's very disillusioning and disappointing to hear how Sund is handling these FA negotiations for both Chillz and Smoove. Chillz said that Smith is also very frustrated that it's not done yet, so you know it's Sund/ASG that are dragging this thing out and not Smoove. Sund has done everything to derail all the good feelings we all had after the season ended and doesn't give us much promise for the future. The ASG doesn't appear to be committed to winning. This isn't how you treat your 2 BIGGEST OFFSEASON PRIORITIES! They didn't show any urgency to sign Chillz and they appear to be doing the same with Smoove. This can't end up good.

What's wrong with being the 6th man? He isn't anywhere near the player that Manu is but Manu accepts that role for the good of the team and you don't hear him complaining about it even though he could start for almost every team in the league.

I disagree. Sund OR EVEN HIS ASSISTANTS didn't reach out to Chillz the way Greece did and that's why he's now there and not here.

They told him to "get another offer".......he did that and they STILL refused to match it or do a S&T. How can you blame someone for walking after that. They made him feel like an unwanted piece of sh*t and he packed his bags and left. If you listen to Chillz whenever he mentions Sund, he sounds very bitter towards him. I blame this whole mess 100% on Sund and the ASG for hiring this clown, who's first move was to resign the worst coach in the history of the NBA.

Amen, Dolfan, Amen :clap:

Right on, my brother.

Childress was an EMPLOYEE on this team. If he was so eager to get it done, he has to go to the BOSSES--Sund, ASG.

Bosses don't come to employees--doesn't work that way.

What's wrong with being the 6th man? He isn't anywhere near the player that Manu is but Manu accepts that role for the good of the team and you don't hear him complaining about it even though he could start for almost every team in the league.

PLus Chillz isn't good enough to start.

12 ppg in 30 min, with pedestrian numbers aside from that will not earn many starting slots in the league.

I disagree. Sund OR EVEN HIS ASSISTANTS didn't reach out to Chillz the way Greece did and that's why he's now there and not here.

They told him to "get another offer".......he did that and they STILL refused to match it or do a S&T. How can you blame someone for walking after that. They made him feel like an unwanted piece of sh*t and he packed his bags and left. If you listen to Chillz whenever he mentions Sund, he sounds very bitter towards him. I blame this whole mess 100% on Sund and the ASG for hiring this clown, who's first move was to resign the worst coach in the history of the NBA.

Notice the difference? Chillz took the initiative and went to Greece. He didn't the initiative and go to meet with Sund or anyone else and surely that would have been a lot easier than flying to Greece, right?

I HIGHLY doubt that Sund ever said go find a better offer and WE WILL match it. I'm sure it was no more than go find a better offer and we'll look at it. So Sund looked at it and decided that it wasn't worth it. So far the only team we have heard mentioned is Phoenix and they flat out said that his price was too high, so obviously they didn't make him an offer.

Name me ONE profession where it's the CEO's (or related position in the company) job to come and find the employee to meet with them.

I didn't realize Sund was the CEO as well as the GM. Lucky him i guess...... then again that may be a mixed blessing.

Childress was an EMPLOYEE on this team. If he was so eager to get it done, he has to go to the BOSSES--Sund, ASG.

Bosses don't come to employees--doesn't work that way.

Just because they are athletes I don't know why people expect it to be any different since the bottom line is that it's still a business. It seems to me that Sund and crew went out of their way to fly to Washington to meet with Childress' people and I'm fairly certain that happened on the 2nd day of FA so there's no reason that Childress wasn't there to meet him.

I didn't realize Sund was the CEO as well as the GM. Lucky him i guess...... then again that may be a mixed blessing.

Do you intentionally go out of your way to try and start s***? I said

Name me ONE profession where it's the CEO's (or related position in the company) job to come and find the employee to meet with them.

So where did I call SUND the CEO? Obviously most companies don't have General Managers or I would have said that instead of CEO, which I called a related position.