• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Brett Farve

DrReality

They are going to pay him 20 million NOT TO PLAY??????????????????????????????

This has to be a SNL skit.

It's true, but a complete diss.

Like Favre wants $$$.

Dude still drive a pickup from the 80s.

This is all about playing football, and Ted Thompson's ego. Idiot's gonna go down in flames.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Packers quarterback Brett Favre currently plans to accept the Packers’ shameless bribe marketing deal and un-unretire from the NFL.

Schefter points out that the decision isn’t final, and that it could change and has changed already. As of right now, however, Favre’s inclination is to take the money and not run. Or throw.

Meanwhile, Chris Mortensen of ESPN recently reported that Commissioner Roger Goodell asked for a resolution of the situation by the end of the day on Saturday, and that the Packers are hoping that Favre doesn’t report in time for a Sunday night scrimmage at Lambeau Field. Mort says that family members are urging Favre to get on a plane for Green Bay on Sunday.

As we see it, it’s possible that Favre is putting out the word that he’s taking the money so that he can call a press conference on Sunday and declare that it’s not about the money, it’s never been about the money, and he wants to play football.

We’re told that, if Favre shows up, the team’s plan is to put him at the bottom of the depth chart, continue to try to trade him, and if they can’t they’ll cut him on the eve of the regular season opener.

He should have stayed retired. We all know now that he is not a man of his word.

People unretire all the time.

I don't remember the part where he promised never to play again.

MJ unretired twice. Guess he isn't "a man of his word" either.

People unretire all the time.

I don't remember the part where he promised never to play again.

MJ unretired twice. Guess he isn't "a man of his word" either.

The difference with Favre is that he's been seriously thinking of retiring four about three or four years now, and there is someone who has been waiting to step up into his role. Aaron Rodgers was promised probably two or three times now that he would start the next year because the Packers organization has been taking it for granted that Favre would retire officially after that season. It's quite annoying because A) Favre 'retires' and then comes back the same offseason and B) He is practically ruining someone's career. There was a difference between Michael Jordan and Brett Favre's retirement. Michael Jordan retired and came back a few years later. Brett Favre retired and came back the next season.

Negative, complete negative.

This is about playing football. Favre has plenty of money.

Exactly. Anyone who has played football knows, that unlike almost any other sport, once you quit, that's it. You never get to play real football again. No matter if you're 18, 22, 32 or whatever. Brett still wants to play. It seems to me like he has felt a little disrespected by the Packers plan for a few seasons and felt pressured to retire. I'm glad he's back. It seems they are going to have an open camp. Seriously, how could he not win the job? And what was the value of the Packers when Favre came to town? They used to sell games to Milwaukee. (Kinda like the Hawks with New Orleans) They still owe Brett Favre. To treat him this way just because he's waffled a little about playing is wrong. And if they thought Rodgers was sooo good, then they wouldn't have drafted two more qbs. You don't have rookie backups if you are trying to win. You have experienced, old ones. It sounds like the Packers were ready to take a step back if it happened. Thompson comes off as an ego maniac to me.

Exactly. Anyone who has played football knows, that unlike almost any other sport, once you quit, that's it. You never get to play real football again. No matter if you're 18, 22, 32 or whatever. Brett still wants to play. It seems to me like he has felt a little disrespected by the Packers plan for a few seasons and felt pressured to retire. I'm glad he's back. It seems they are going to have an open camp. Seriously, how could he not win the job? And what was the value of the Packers when Favre came to town? They used to sell games to Milwaukee. (Kinda like the Hawks with New Orleans) They still owe Brett Favre. To treat him this way just because he's waffled a little about playing is wrong. And if they thought Rodgers was sooo good, then they wouldn't have drafted two more qbs. You don't have rookie backups if you are trying to win. You have experienced, old ones. It sounds like the Packers were ready to take a step back if it happened. Thompson comes off as an ego maniac to me.

Step right up, we have a winner!

Seriously. Favre almost won the NFL MVP last year (and would have if Brady hadn't had a season for the ages).

Favre also has a Super Bowl ring.

Aaron Rodgers almost beat USC twice (he did beat them once, in his second career start).

Big discrepancy.