• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sund on 680

GTfan44

Thanks for the heads up.

That is the first time I have heard him on the radio and wow, you just feel bad for him when you listen to him. Is it nerves? Does he just have a stuterring problem? It is pretty bad, its as if his brain is racing at 100 mph but his mouth just can't catch up.

He sounds like a puppet though, no doubt about that.

PLEASE, please, let me know the gist of it...living in TN as a Hawks fan SUCKS.

From when I tuned in, basically what he talked about was how he cannot confirm/deny any numbers about Josh Smith's contract negotiations. Also iterated that there are certain complexities about offer sheets like it must be hand delivered and so that is why it took them as long as it did. Said again that the owners would allow him to go over the luxury tax if he felt it would make us into contenders.

Talked about summer league and how he wanted to evaluate a lot of the players to add shooting, specifically 3pt. Said that one guy's brother was shot and killed so he had to bail summer league and another guy's brother had major surgery so he had to bail summer league as well. Really wanted to evaluate them.

Discussed Marvin and how his body has matured. Said he (and other GM colleagues) do not look at where players were drafted, just how their development has been going. This was after being asked about Paul/Deron so he essentially side-stepped the question very politically. Went on to say he thinks Marvin will contribute this year.

Thats all I can remember and could decipher. He was really bad at stuttering so when I listen to someone who is stuttering I don't retain information as well.

Thanks for the heads up.

That is the first time I have heard him on the radio and wow, you just feel bad for him when you listen to him. Is it nerves? Does he just have a stuterring problem? It is pretty bad, its as if his brain is racing at 100 mph but his mouth just can't catch up.

He sounds like a puppet though, no doubt about that.

haha that is sad. I wonder what he was like in interviews.

wonder if solo's bro was one of those and why he wasn't in summer league

I don't think so, Sund made it sound like these guys had to bail at the last minute. Just looking at what Sekou put as the initial roster:

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/sports...=7&cxcat=21

And then what our actual roster ended up being:

http://www.nba.com/jazz/Revue/rmr2008_rosters.html#atlanta

It is more likely that Justin Williams, Brian Chase, Marcus Hubbard, Dominique Kirk, or Wayne Simien were one of the players who had to bail because of complications with family.

Buck Belue lobbed softballs at Sund with no follow-up questions. Here is a summary.

1. The plan was 'not' to match every offer that Smith received.

If they did not feel comfortable, they would not have matched.

Sund says that he had the final say on whether to match the offer.

2. Smith's agent called Sund to say that the rumors about Josh hating Woody were not true.

Smith did not trash Woody during initial interview with Sund.

3. In free agency, Sund's goal is to slightly overpay his player. Belue did not ask him how this applies to Smith getting more from Memphis.

4. They will retain Childress' rights. Childress will have to deal with the Hawks if he returns to the NBA.

5. He is still looking to fill out roster with minimum salary players.

6. The ASG owners are willing to pay luxury tax if necessary.

Buck Belue lobbed softballs at Sund with no follow-up questions. Here is a summary.

1. The plan was 'not' to match every offer that Smith received.

If they did not feel comfortable, they would not have matched.

Sund says that he had the final say on whether to match the offer.

2. Smith's agent called Sund to say that the rumors about Josh hating Woody were not true.

Smith did not trash Woody during initial interview with Sund.

3. In free agency, Sund's goal is to slightly overpay his player. Belue did not ask him how this applies to Smith getting more from Memphis.

4. They will retain Childress' rights. Childress will have to deal with the Hawks if he returns to the NBA.

Nice summary and welcome to the board.

I would like to see them bring in someone other than just minimum salary players to fill out the roster. If our only offseason additions are Evans and a bunch of minimum players that is pretty lame.

Thanks pinoke, and "welcome". Sund sounds to me like a class a puppet, but I can't objectively discern this...good to hear that we will keep Childress' rights. So they were talking out of both sides of their mouth when they said they would match anything?

• Premium Member
I would like to see them bring in someone other than just minimum salary players to fill out the roster. If our only offseason additions are Evans and a bunch of minimum players that is pretty lame.

As would I, but there's really no one obtainable who's worth diving into the MLE. I'd save it, and hope that someone decent gets waived later in the season...

I'm more interested in the skill sets filled by these minimum salaries. You need size and shooting.

Good to see that Hotlanta is his ususal optimistic self!

Sund, even tho he IS the GM, must answer to the owners. THEY are the people

who are furnishing the $$$$ to run the Hawks. No matter who the GM is, they

would still have to answer. Can't blame the owners for that, no matter who

they happen to be.

Hated losing Childress. He will be missed. Marvin will miss the first game of the

season - suspension from the playoffs - Will the new players added improve the

roster over last years team? We hope so. Maturity, playing together for a year

and the playoff experience from last season won't hurt.

Personally, despite Hotlanta's optimism, I expect the Hawks to finish over .500

next season and again make the playoffs - Hopefully no major injuries - and IF

we really do get Speedy back, who knows what might happen!!

:beer:

Welcome aboard pinoke. I guess the thing that bothers me about these interviews is that we all know that the answers aren't necessariy the truth. While not totally mutually exclusive - #s 5 and 6 above don't seem to compute IMHO.

Basically we will have the same team next year (except for losing Childress)...we had no draft pick (TY BK)...and will be filling out the roster with minimum salary also rans. Yee Haw!

I'm not saying we are totally screwed - we do have quality talent that is maturing...it's just a pain to see teams like Milw. add a guy like Jefferson while we tread water. :kickcan:

I really didn't catch him stuttering much. Not saying he didn't.

I didn't think he came across all that badly.

I probably portrayed it worse than it was, and stuttering probably isn't the best word. Maybe repeating his words?

Who in the East who had a worse record last year, has improved and is now better than us?

There are less freebee games like against Miami. If Wade an d marion are healthy they could be tough. The Hawks have ZERO depth. None. Woodson will have to ride the starting lineup at 40MPG just for the team to push 30-35 wins again.

Edited by Hotlanta1981