• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 1.

Diesel

• Premium Member

In game 1, Marvin will be out. I hope Woody makes his starting lineup: Morris, Horford, Smoove, JJ, and Bibs.

Instead of replacing Marvin with Evans.

I bet though that if he did start Morris, Horford, Smoove, JJ, and Bibs and Smoove had a big game, everybody would say... "well, that's only one game"... Right?

• Premium Member
Diesel, what about

Horf

Smoove

JJ

Bibby

Law

???

Well, being that we're playing Orlando who will line up:

Either Bogans or Courtney Lee at starting SG, I guess it's possible to go with the minime backcourt. Especially if Speedy is healthy, but I would much rather look at Smoove at Sf and see what Morris can do at Center!!

Well, being that we're playing Orlando who will line up:

Either Bogans or Courtney Lee at starting SG, I guess it's possible to go with the minime backcourt. Especially if Speedy is healthy, but I would much rather look at Smoove at Sf and see what Morris can do at Center!!

If everithing is right, Pietrus will be starting at SG, they signed him for that.

In game 1, Marvin will be out. I hope Woody makes his starting lineup: Morris, Horford, Smoove, JJ, and Bibs.

Instead of replacing Marvin with Evans.

I bet though that if he did start Morris, Horford, Smoove, JJ, and Bibs and Smoove had a big game, everybody would say... "well, that's only one game"... Right?

Wishful thinking on your part. If I were Woody, I would not let Marvin's one game absence mess up the rotation. Therefore, I might even start Jeremy (or whoever else we sign to play SF) and let Evans get used to his role of coming off the bench at SG or SF. Acie needs to come off the bench as Bibby's primary back up. I will believe that Speedy is going to actually play when I see it.

Wishful thinking on your part. If I were Woody, I would not let Marvin's one game absence mess up the rotation. Therefore, I might even start Jeremy (or whoever else we sign to play SF) and let Evans get used to his role of coming off the bench at SG or SF. Acie needs to come off the bench as Bibby's primary back up. I will believe that Speedy is going to actually play when I see it.

Another option is to go with

Bibs

Evans

JJ

Smith

Horford

I actually would like to see the above. That gives the Hawks a lot of shooting on the floor at one time. Let's see how that plays out.

• Premium Member

So in other words, you're not even interested in seeing:

1. How Horf would play at PF.

2. How Smoove would play at Sf.

3. How Morris would play at C.

You'd rather put in D-League talent in order to keep Marvin's spot secure??

This is actually, what I expected...

Morris is D-League talent...

• Premium Member
Morris is D-League talent...

Morris is a legit big that Smoove swears is the man. He's worth a look!

Also playing Morris will allow us to see Al in his true position.

Edited by Diesel

Do you really want Morris in his first game as a Hawk to have to contend with Howard?

You're more likely to see ZaZa start (apparently he gets under Dwight's skin) than Morris.

Morris is not afraid of Howard and I think Howard has respect for Morris. They were rivals in HS and Morris normally got the better of Howard. No back then Morris used a weight and stength advantage that he no longer has over Howard. Since HS Howard appears to work out like a body builder while Morris has slimmed up and actually lost some weight.

Wrong! I am VERY interested in seeing Horford play PF, seeing Smoove play SF and seeing Morris play C, I am just not interested in seeing them START together.

YOU, on the other hand, would start Speedy/Bibby/JJ/Smoove/Horford as long as Marvin was on the bench (or preferably GONE). Smoove playing SF is ALL about benching Marvin for you. It has NOTHING to do with Smoove being better suited to play SF.

Remember when you wanted to trade Marvin/Lo for Mike Miller and Zaza/AJ/Shelden for Ilgauskas (yeah right!). In your scenario, you proposed that our lineup would be:

Horford

Smoove

Miller

JJ

Acie

with BIG Z OFF THE BENCH!

You were perfectly happy with a scenario that had a Big Z coming off the bench with Smoove at PF (rather than SF) and Horford at Center BECAUSE MARVIN WAS GONE. PERIOD! Big Z is FAR better than ANY Center we could possibly get for $6M a season and you had him on the bench and Smoove at PF. You are so transparent it is a joke!

As for the D-League talent, the only POSSIBLE D-League talent being discussed here is Morris.

Edited by Traceman

• Admin
Morris is a legit big that Smoove swears is the man. He's worth a look!

Also playing Morris will allow us to see Al in his true position.

He is Smith's buddy. Of course he is going to say that. Morris is a 12th man.

Also, Smith is not a SF.