• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shockley Getting Ripped off!

Vesper

f the 1st unit. Atleast give him the 2nd unit after rolling with those guys the 1st game. Of course people are ripping him for throwing a perfect pass that got tipped up by the receiver and got picked off. They just hate Shockley because he looks like Vick.

I haven't seen the game yet, but most of his passes haven't really been impressive. I haven't seen enough of Harrington to say that he's better than Harrington, but I will admit Shockley has a much better potential to be a game changer than Harrington will ever be. Most of your judgments are clouded by the fact that he played for Georgia...

I haven't seen the game yet, but most of his passes haven't really been impressive. I haven't seen enough of Harrington to say that he's better than Harrington, but I will admit Shockley has a much better potential to be a game changer than Harrington will ever be. Most of your judgments are clouded by the fact that he played for Georgia...

not mine. I'm not a UGA fan. I just one of the few the look at him realistically. On the Falcons board there has been UGA homers,mainly one that always says DJ IS DA FUTURE lol. People got tired of that and now they hate him more and if something negative happens it's 100% his fault. It doesn't matter if his throws were catchable but just weren't caught. They say he's garbage no matter what.

I like GA Tech myself. more nerds in the ACC!

I think Shockley is better than Harrington from what I've seen in this pre-season. Harrington is awful, man. I remember last game he was underthrowing receivers on short passes. He was completing passes this game, but nothing impressive. He tried to force one that just let me know that he'll never get it. He doesn't bring anything to the table that Ryan, Shockley, or Redman don't already bring themselves. We should cut our ties with him, and let him go elsewhere.

2 reasons to keep DJ instead of Harrington.

1) Harrington has proven beyond all reasonable doubt he simply can't play in the NFL. If he were not such a high draft choice he would have been out of the league long ago. DJ cannot be any worse.

2) If we get down to our 3rd QB it is likely because the o-line is bad. At least DJ brings some mobility to the game to scramble around and find a receiver.

Come on people! None of our QB candidates have looked great.

From worst to first, however YOU have them rated, are scheduled

to get their opportunity.

At least, so far, no one has been denied any chance to show their stuff.

Coaches are smart enough to know who is on the field with each one.

Falcons may keep all four, with one going to the practice squad.

Otherwise, one will be traded or released. There's still a couple

of games to go and some players will be cut before the next game.

You're right, none of them have looked great. However, Joey Harrington was hands-down the worse. He's the one they need to cut going forward. They need to start Redman (although he's only a notch better than Harrington) and groom Ryan to start mid-season.

Is it next week? I always thought it would be the fourth preseason game that we'd bench both Ryan and Redman to get a good look at Harrington and Shockley and give Shockley the start (Smith promised all four QBs would start one week) so he can have the reps with the first unit.

What is the point in giving Joey "Checkdown" Harrington another look? Hasn't everyone seen the game he brings to the table? The Oline is still suspect, so wouldn't it make most sense to give the ball to a mobile quarterback? DJ is getting the shaft with Atlanta, due to the fact that Blank had the most tumultuous last year and a half thanks to Vick. Therefore, Blank is rather hesitant towards making another "mistake" in trying to bring back the excitement that a mobile qb brings. I truly hope DJ shines with the first string for a few reasons.... 1. We could finally get rid of Joey "Noodle Arm"... 2. If DJ shines, since we already signed the "future QB" without really seeing what he could do, he would be great trade bait... 3. DJ would definitely help fill the seats, being a former bulldog!

With Harrington as the quarterback, the offense does go downfield. He knows this offense pretty well, and Shockley's football IQ is still suspect. I'd rather have Shockley for sure, but you guys are talking like Shockley has shown that he's the next coming of Michael Vick and significantly better than Harrington. Both aren't really that good of quarterbacks. Shockley just has more upside...

f the 1st unit. Atleast give him the 2nd unit after rolling with those guys the 1st game. Of course people are ripping him for throwing a perfect pass that got tipped up by the receiver and got picked off. They just hate Shockley because he looks like Vick.

Actually, to compare Shockley to Vick is insulting to Shockley. DJ is a class act all around. That's a very shallow statement to make. Congrats!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

With Harrington as the quarterback, the offense does go downfield. He knows this offense pretty well, and Shockley's football IQ is still suspect. I'd rather have Shockley for sure, but you guys are talking like Shockley has shown that he's the next coming of Michael Vick and significantly better than Harrington. Both aren't really that good of quarterbacks. Shockley just has more upside...

I just want Shockley to get a chance to play with the first unit and not being forced to try to make a comeback in the fourth quarter with limited talent around him!

I just want Shockley to get a chance to play with the first unit and not being forced to try to make a comeback in the fourth quarter with limited talent around him!

That time will come this preseason. Like I said, look for it in week four. Shockley will start, and I really believe he will play one entire half while Harrington gets stuck with the back ups in the second half.

You must mean pre-season, because it wasn't going downfield last year. This offense is different from last year's, and I wouldn't say he knows it better than any other QB on our roster. His got a limp noodle for an arm, and he just isn't decisive with the ball. DJ Shockley has the better arm, and makes the crisper passes. He just doesn't have, like you said, a lot of football IQ. Shockley isn't all that good, and Blank isn't doing anything to hurt Shockley's chances at success. Also! Our offensive line has looked much better this year with an experienced NFL coach, than with some college coordinator. The need for a mobile quarterback just because our offensive line is bad is all in your (not your's, but to the poster who said that) imagination.

• Premium Member
Yes I do mean pre-season. He didn't do too bad this pre-season. DJ Shockley does have the better arm, I'm not saying he doesn't by any means. Also, like I thought, Ryan will start Week 3 for the Falcons in preseason.

It would be nice to see Shock get a shot with the first unit though. He has some nice tools to work with as a QB. Hopefully , he can put it together and impress Smith and company. After his recent injury, I can't help but cheer for the guy. I'm not a bigtime UGA guy, but Shockley was pretty darn impressive his Senior year and I think he has the ability to get a job in the NFL, even it's not necessarily as a starter. There's obviously some who would rather not see him succeed here, but those people need to let go of the past... and they KNOW what I mean when I say that. Shockley is his own man and I hope he gets the chance to shine. Who wouldn't want to see a hometown guy succeed? That's like Hawks fans wanting Smoove to suck and promptly get waived. There's just no reason for it.