• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Challenge for Diesel

Admin

I don't think statistics are the end all and be all... I look at impact... and Marvin makes no impact.

However, if it will give us a standard...

I will use Luol Deng. In his fourth year, he had a down year. His team had a down year. However, these are the terms:

1. Like Deng, Marvin should be the third option on this team.

Marvin's statline should follow this:

Season ▾ Age Tm Lg G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS

2007-08 22 CHI NBA 63 59 33.8 6.8 14.2 .479 0.1 0.3 .364 3.2 4.2 .770 2.2 4.1 6.3 2.5 0.9 0.5 1.9 1.9 17.0

That's 17.0 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 2.5apg 47.9% from the field and 36.4% from three.

If Luol Deng (who is not an allstar Sf and had a down year in his fourth season) can manage this... Then a Marvin Williams who is healthy and looking to cash in on his contract should be able to do the same! Not to mention Marvin was picked ahead of Paul and Deron... There must have been a reason.

Challenge Accepted!

Deng is a very good player to measure Marvin's performance off of since they both left school after their freshmen years, both have taken a backseat to other offensive options on their teams and both play the same position.

Obviously Deng had an even better third season then his fourth season, so Marvin does have some catching up to do.

• Premium Member

Glad to see that you have accepted the challenge. Other than asking Marvin to all of the sudden shoot the 3 almost as well as JJ being highly unrealistic I would say that those numbers are very fair.

Wow, what expectation to do you have for a guy who we picked to be a star? Did you forget that part... We didn't spend the highest pick in the history of the franchise on a guy who we wanted to be a ROLE Player... who is one dimensional... We were looking for a star wasn't we?I gave the stat line of a guy who is not an allstar, who plays in the same conference, and who was having a down 4th year and you're still complaining..."That's too Hard!!! That's too unrealistic.".It's a good thing I didn't hold him to Paul Pierce 4th year standard or a Carmello Anthony 4th Yr standard huh???

Wow, what expectation to do you have for a guy who we picked to be a star? Did you forget that part... We didn't spend the highest pick in the history of the franchise on a guy who we wanted to be a ROLE Player... who is one dimensional... We were looking for a star wasn't we?I gave the stat line of a guy who is not an allstar, who plays in the same conference, and who was having a down 4th year and you're still complaining..."That's too Hard!!! That's too unrealistic.".It's a good thing I didn't hold him to Paul Pierce 4th year standard or a Carmello Anthony 4th Yr standard huh???

Who is complaining? I said that I thought your numbers were very FAIR ... except for the part where your expectation gets a bit out of hand with Marvin going from being a 10% 3pt shooter to a 36% 3pt shooter. If you think that is complaining then find me some examples of players in their 4th year making a 26% jump in their 3pt accuracy. Yeah, it's a good thing you aren't holding our 4th option to the stats of two 1st option perennial All-Stars. :shock11: I think you were looking like a pretty reasonable guy until this last post. It's a shame you couldn't have left it that way.

• Premium Member

IN the measurables that I gave, there's no room for almost....

You guys are already starting to try to give Marvin an excuse about why he can't matchup with what I set as a standard.

He has to have a year Better than Luol Deng.

That's ppg, rpg, apg, fg%, 3pt%.

when I picked Luol Deng, i wanted somebody who was in the same situation as Marvin. Play the same position. Play a similar style. Left school early. 3rd option for his team. Hell, he even played in the ACC.

To me, matching Deng is the least that Marvin can do. Especially being that Deng was injured and had a bad 4th year compared to what he should have done.

Edited by Diesel

• Premium Member

I think you were looking like a pretty reasonable guy until this last post. It's a shame you couldn't have left it that way.

The problem was... I was looking and saw people taking the least that I offered for Marvin and still try to nickle and dime for less.

Maybe you'd be happier if I said that Marvin just have to do better than he did last year?

The funny thing is that that will be a struggle for him.

But in kindness, I gave you guys something that should be easy for a player with desire and Marvin's physique to do and you guys intrinsically know he's going to fail. So now you're trying to save face by saying.. "it's not possible for him to shoot those percentages". I was even kind enough to leave Deng's defensive stats out... And you're still trying to nickel and dime...

This will be an interesting season.