• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Bibby a Star?

Swatguy

East point guards I have him ranked 4th behind Billups, Arenas and Harris.

I think he is still a star in this league. I have him as good as Miller, Mo, Felton, Rondo and Ford or better. If he commits longtime (next 3-4 seasons) he is worth extending his contract through 2011.

I think he is still a star in this league. I have him as good as Miller, Mo, Felton, Rondo and Ford or better. If he commits longtime (next 3-4 seasons) he is worth extending his contract through 2011.

He's not better than Miller or Rondo. Bibby will more than likely be traded either at the deadline or after the season is over...

He's not better than Miller or Rondo. Bibby will more than likely be traded either at the deadline or after the season is over...

I don't see why we would trade him, he is the only point guard option we have. I for one, noticed how much better we were with him, and hope we re-sign him. He's not Paul, but he is a very very good point guard. And, I think this season people are going to be surprised with just how good he is when he is healthy.

I wouldn't qualify Bibby as a star. In Sacramento, he was with Webber, and Peja, and Vlade. Now, he's a mid 2nd tier pg. He could jump up to the top of the 2nd tier but I don't think he ever gets back to the first group of

Paul

D. Williams

Nash

Arenas

Parker

I think of the second tier in the NBA as Stars.

1st tier=Superstar

2nd tier= Star

I think Miller had a great season last year and was better than Bibby. Rondo? ah I dont think so. He is good defender but alot of guys can look good on offense in the playoffs when nobody even bothers to guard you because the rest of the team is so good.

I think he was a star but is on the decline. Is he really better then Mo Williams at this point?

I think he was a star but is on the decline. Is he really better then Mo Williams at this point?

Well, I saw Bibs bring his defensive game up in the playoffs. I believe he is not as horrible as some think. That said, I have to believe Bibs is a light shade better than Mo. And that difference is clutch shoting and experience. I think Mo is still miscasted with a slow-footed team. Bibby should play better with the Hawks than Mo with the Cavs.

I think the only PGs in the EC who are CLEARLY better than him when he's healthy are Billups and Arenas. BEST CASE, he is in the converation with Calderon, Ford, Miller, Harris and Rose (yeah, I think Rose will be this good by the end of the season) with regard to who is the 3rd best PG in the EC behind Billups and Arenas. Worst case, he is still a quality starting PG.

All that said, I can't envision a scenario where we offer him more than 4 yrs/$28M (starting at $6M a season) to stay here no matter what he does this season. I don't see any team with caproom paying him more than that as an UFA at his age so the only teams I would be worried about are teams willing to offer him the MLE. If he decides to go play for someone else for the MLE rather than resigning here for a little more than that, so be it.

• Premium Member
I think its ironic that we get a high quality PG and people don't want to keep him sometimes. If Law doesn't develop (assuming Woody plays him) we need to give a long hard look at extending Bibs.

What are you smoking??

I think you haven't considered what you're saying... Right now, Bibby is severly overpaid at 15 Million. That's why Sac-Town traded him. You're suggesting that we give him any contract (year wise) starting at ~16.6 Million...

Please justify paying Bibby a starting salary of 16.6.

If you talking two years,

16.6, 18.2.

If you're talking just 3 years, you saying:

16.6, 18.2, 19.8

So that's 3 years 54.6 Million. Please justify!!

I think you haven't considered what you're saying... Right now, Bibby is severly overpaid at 15 Million. That's why Sac-Town traded him. You're suggesting that we give him any contract (year wise) starting at ~16.6 Million...

If you could direct me to exactly where I said extend him at that price I would appreciate it. Where the hell did I say "any" contract???? I would have to be smoking the same stuff you and Walter are if I wanted to pay him that kind of cash.

I extend him for 2/15 or 3/19, etc. Something along those lines. Not those words you put in my mouth.

There's a long list of PGs who are better than Mike Bibby at this point. 5-7 years ago might have been a story. Calderon, Arenas, Billups, Ford, Miller, Nelson, and Mo Williams are better than Bibby. I'm sure there's a few I may have forgotten.

he is not an all star but he is a very solid player at this time in his career. I expect numbers like 14 ppg and 7 assist next season and 36% behind the arc..that is if healthy of course

Agree, he would be a lot better this season then last. I believe in him, I seen a lot of improvement as he get more intune with the roster.

There's a long list of PGs who are better than Mike Bibby at this point. 5-7 years ago might have been a story. Calderon, Arenas, Billups, Ford, Miller, Nelson, and Mo Williams are better than Bibby. I'm sure there's a few I may have forgotten.

Outside of Arenas, Miller, and Billups, they may be better but Bibby is better for this team then the others on that list.