• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rank the shooting guards

Swish

Rank NBA Shooting guards  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

top 5 is tough because there are so many talented SGs but I went with Kobe, T-Mac, Iverson, Wade and Joe Johnson. Vince Carter and Ginobli could easily be 5th though too

Vince Carter in the top 5?Not for me...

I would take Kobe Wade JJ, Redd TMac ,AI, Monta Ellis ,Kmart, Ginobli and Roy over VC.

WTF? Thats the biggest bias/BS I've ever heard of! You got banned? Do tell...and do tell what where you doing on an enemy board?

They banned me for arguing that Joe was better. I also made some comments about Billy King must be back in Philly to throw that much money at Iggy and... maybe a few comments about how Philly never wins anything and about Eli Manning being a superbowl mvp just to throw salt on the wound. Funny thing was after I said they dont win anything in Philly they started braging about some arena football bowl they won, they were dead serious too.

• Premium Member
I think Kobe, D-Wade, T-Mac and JJ are locks. Then it really depends what you value most: shooter Redd, slasher VC, all time best AI, upside Roy, slasher/shooter/flopper Manu.

According to the poll, everyone agrees.

For me AI is a lock. He, T-Mac, D-Wade, and Kobe can either carry a team or create a huge mismatch. For me, the choice for fifth is between JJ and Manu, and my mood on that one changes daily. Manu is far more efficient at the moment...

I think Manu's efficiency will be greatly decreased when the league's starts handing out technical fouls for that BS he used to get away with. He's a solid player though, and he definitely deserves consideration as a Top 5 SG.

Great question.

I am going to take Brandon Roy, merely because of his versatility. He could really play 2 or 3 if you asked him. However, if I needed one SG to finish my roster, I'd take K-mart.

Yea you right, Kmart can't really do much other than scoring. He needs a pg to set him up while Roy can also play the point.

Edited by ZmajodBosne

• 1 month later...

I can't believe I left AI off my list but I picked Kobe, DWade, Joe, Brandon Roy and Rip.

AI should probably replace Rip but I just think just mid range game is unstoppable and love his toughness. I guess it sort of makes him a younger edition of AI who is actually bigger (but not the one on one threat)

Great question.

I am going to take Brandon Roy, merely because of his versatility. He could really play 2 or 3 if you asked him. However, if I needed one SG to finish my roster, I'd take K-mart.

Way to say it. If I needed a player, I'd take Roy. If I needed a scorer, I'd take Martin. Martin is a retardedly efficient scorer. He gets to the line almost 10 times a game hitting 87% if his FTs. He takes 4.4 3s a game and hits 40% of them. He's a bad passer and a nonfactor on D but if you need a guy to put points on the board, he's your man.

As far as the overall list, the only two guys I have as locks are Kobe and Wade. I'm tempted to put Manu at 3, his production when he's on the court rivals Kobe/Wade. He just doesn't play nearly as many minutes but its hard to argue with nice numbers on a dynasty. After that I think it gets tricky but I think TMac is still the fourth most talented player even if he gets bogged down for stretches.

Then I think you have to go with preference. I think peak ability, Joe and VC are next. Joe's final month and a half of this season were simply unreal. The problem is that Joe has never sustained his top level of play over the course of a full season whereas guys like Redd/KMart/Roy/Ellis/AI have.

I'll put Joe at 5, not for the entirety of last season because he had some really bad months that I'm still scratching my head over, but for next season because I think playing with Bibby for a full year could help and maybe even push him to #3 after Wade and Kobe depending on what happens to Manu's ankle and TMac's back.

Edited by crimedog