• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Keep Solomon Or Trade him?

Dexmethylphenidate

Keep Solomon Or Trade him?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

It depends on the reason for trading him. If the reason for trading him has to do with his attitude and how he is perceived in the locker room, then he should be traded. If the reason is lack of work ethic, then he should be traded. If it's because we have hungrier guys who are out working him, then he should be traded.

However, if it's because his lack of development, I think we need to reconsider. You can't develop if you're only playing 4 mpg and that once a month.

• Premium Member
Diesel,

Do you think Solomon is a product of Woody's refusal to play anyone other than Chillz/Zaza?

You have to look at Solomon specifically.

He came in underweight for the position. I mean he was like 220. He also was foul prone. Still is. I know you guys think it's easy to work with a foul prone player but for a defensive minded coach like Woodson, it drives you crazy. Good defenses make runs. Sometimes, we do it. In the 7 game series against Boston, we had several good defensive runs. However, when you have a guy who commit silly fouls, it kills a run.

So in a way, I think part of it is Solomon and his preparedness coming in the league. One issue I didn't talk about with Solomon is his utter lack of any kind of offensive game. Solomon is vastly 1 dimensional. He doesn't score, he's not a great positional defender, but he blocks shots.

The other part is Woody. I understand part of why Solomon didn't get more playing time. Moreover, Woody was trying to win. Still, I think Wood should work on his player rotations a little more. A good coach can take run stoppers like Solo (defense) and Salim (offense) and make them play to their strengths without killing the team.

At this point I don't think he's done enough to not trade him, I also don't think he's shown enough for anyone to ask about him in a trade. What is in Solo's contract? Is he here past training camp? If there is a chance that he gets cut because the staff thinks Hunter is better/hungrier (he probably is) than Solo is gonna be gone anyway and there would be no reason for a team to trade for him.

Isn't the limitation on D-League 2 years? If he isn't eligible for D-League I think his value goes down because he isn't ready to contribute.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't know what we'd get out of a Solo trade outside of a similarly unproductive player.

You have to look at Solomon specifically.

He came in underweight for the position. I mean he was like 220. He also was foul prone. Still is. I know you guys think it's easy to work with a foul prone player but for a defensive minded coach like Woodson, it drives you crazy. Good defenses make runs. Sometimes, we do it. In the 7 game series against Boston, we had several good defensive runs. However, when you have a guy who commit silly fouls, it kills a run.

So in a way, I think part of it is Solomon and his preparedness coming in the league. One issue I didn't talk about with Solomon is his utter lack of any kind of offensive game. Solomon is vastly 1 dimensional. He doesn't score, he's not a great positional defender, but he blocks shots.

The other part is Woody. I understand part of why Solomon didn't get more playing time. Moreover, Woody was trying to win. Still, I think Wood should work on his player rotations a little more. A good coach can take run stoppers like Solo (defense) and Salim (offense) and make them play to their strengths without killing the team.

Solomon has the tools he has been immature.

Some of you Hawksquawk posters may have an old car or pickup truck. You don't drive it a lot.

Yet, you keep it. Why?

It's useful when you do need it, doesn't cost a lot to insure and maintain. Wouldn't bring you a lot

if you sold it or traded it. And, you kinda like it. It's yours.

Hawks seem to have a young player, Solomon, who fits this description nicely (Except for the old part).

He's one of ours.

He doesn't cost a lot.

Wouldn't bring a lot of $$$ in a sale.

Not worth a lot in a trade.

And, most of us kinda like him.

Guess we'll keep him - For the present time, any way.

:newspaper:

• Premium Member
Some of you Hawksquawk posters may have an old car or pickup truck. You don't drive it a lot.

Yet, you keep it. Why?

It's useful when you do need it, doesn't cost a lot to insure and maintain. Wouldn't bring you a lot

if you sold it or traded it. And, you kinda like it. It's yours.

Hawks seem to have a young player, Solomon, who fits this description nicely (Except for the old part).

He's one of ours.

He doesn't cost a lot.

Wouldn't bring a lot of $$$ in a sale.

Not worth a lot in a trade.

And, most of us kinda like him.

Guess we'll keep him - For the present time, any way.

:newspaper:

The thing is... have solo been useful??

As Hawksquawkers, we suffer from a disease of loving a guy because we drafted him and nothing else. If we saw Solo (foul prone, no offense, slow growth over 2 years) playing for another team, let's say the Sonics... and all it would cost was a 2nd rounder, would you still want him?

Like I said, He wouldn't bring a lot of $$ or be worth a lot in a trade.

If we disown him with a release, Isn't his $$$ for the year guaranteed any way??

I say, keep him unless someone REALLY wants him and offers us a good deal.