• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta adds Mark Price as shooting coach

capstone21

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news!

Price wanted to be a part of the Hawks when Woodson was first hired, but was turned down. I hope Price also can bring some organizational skills to the Hawks as well. From what I hear, Woodson's practices aren't all that well organized.

http://www.realgm.net/src_wiretap_archives...shooting_coach/

I like the idea of Price helping our teams shooting. He was one of the best shooters in league history. He can help our guys with FT% too. Great pickup

Good deal! I've always been a big Mark Price fan. Glad to hear that Woody wanted a shooting coach on the staff too. I think Mark can help all our guys with their fundamentals as his are as sound as anyone's EVER. Just as importantly though, I think he will help already good shooters like JJ and Marvin with the mental aspect of shooting. I like it!

Price was an amazing shooter with a very quick release. He was the man and I actually saw him at Lennox Mall on my first day in Atlanta haha.

Very good move. I just wish we had a time machine that we could put him into and take him back a few years.

Aside from resigning Smoove, this could be the best move made in the offseason, IMHO. I've wondered why we never went after this cat, with the brick layers we've had on this team. Mark Price may help us in ways we've never seen.

Finally!! I've been talking about hiring a shooting coach for at least a year now (before here, I was on the AJC blog). I think this helps Marvin the most, because he only has a few tweaks in his form before he is a very good shooter. I think Josh Smith's shot will improve, but his shot is so inconsistent it may take him a full season before we see the results.