• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pics from media day

DrReality

That is a ridiculous argument.

When people ask you how tall you are do you give your height in shoes? i doubt it. Shoes can have different thickness in the soles so just because a guy wore thicker soled shoes doesn't make them taller.

Childress measured the exact same height w/o shoes as Iggy but is listed 2" taller. Do you think that he was wearing high heels at the combine?

the hawks listed Smith, Marvin and Childress 2" taller than the actually are. The Suns listed JJ at his height without shoes. Philly did the same with Iggy.

There doesn't seem to be any leaguewide standard for listed heights. However the bottom line is that Marvin and Smith only measured 1/4" taller than JJ.

Regardless of the combine measurements, Marvin is taller than Josh and Joe is taller than 6'7".

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of the combine measurements, Marvin is taller than Josh and Joe is taller than 6'7".

Marvin has a higher standing reach than Smith (by 1.5") but their heights are the same.

JJ is surely taller than most guys listed at 6'7" since most heights in the NBA aren't legit.

Marvin has a higher standing reach than Smith (by 1.5") but their heights are the same.

JJ is surely taller than most guys listed at 6'7" since most heights in the NBA aren't legit.

Their heights WERE the same when they were measured at the combine. It is quite possible, if not likely, that one or both of them have grown some since those measurements were taken. Those measurements were taken when both were only 18 years old.

Their heights WERE the same when they were measured at the combine. It is quite possible, if not likely, that one or both of them have grown some since those measurements were taken. Those measurements were taken when both were only 18 years old.

I doubt they grew much in the 4 months between the combine and training camp. Marvin and Smith were listed at 6'9" as rookies.

It is also unlikely that Childress grew much but he was still listed 2" taller than Iggy.

I doubt they grew much in the 4 months between the combine and training camp. Marvin and Smith were listed at 6'9" as rookies.

It is also unlikely that Childress grew much but he was still listed 2" taller than Iggy.

Well Ex, looking face to face Marvin is taller than Josh. I don't get my measurements from a database or looking at the television. I measure from close range, right in front of my eyes in person.

Well Ex, looking face to face Marvin is taller than Josh. I don't get my measurements from a database or looking at the television. I measure from close range, right in front of my eyes in person.

Personally i think a tape measure is probably more accurate than the naked eye. The NBA seems to aggree otherwise there would be no reason to measure guys in the first place.

The only thing I was thinking is that WOW is Joe one big SG. Must be heck for other guys not named Kobe to guard him.

Pound for pound and height, strength and weight, JJ is probably the biggest SG in the NBA. He's really the size of an SF but he's such a great ball handler, passer and shooter that he can play SG without problems. If we acquired another great SG, JJ could move to SF very easily and do fine.

It's hard to tell on TV, but when you actually go to the games you can tell other SGs struggle with how physical JJ is because he's always posting up to get the ball.

True. It is unlikely that they grew much in those 4 months. As for NOW though, I think it is quite likely that one or both of them are taller than they were when they were drafted.

As for Chillz, I agree that it is unlikely that he grew much as he was older than Smoove and Marv when he entered the league.

All that said, listed heights/weights of players are all over the board at every level of basketball. I'm sure the players themselves in quite a few instances influence what the team puts on the stat sheet. For instance, EVERYBODY knows that KG is AT LEAST 7'0" tall but he wants to be listed at 6'11."

True. It is unlikely that they grew much in those 4 months. As for NOW though, I think it is quite likely that one or both of them are taller than they were when they were drafted.

Judging from the picture on page 1 of them standing next to JJ it doesn't look like they have gotten much taller.

Judging from the picture on page 1 of them standing next to JJ it doesn't look like they have gotten much taller.

Pictures can be deceiving. I have stood next to all 3 of them at various times over the last few years and there is no doubt that Marvin and Josh are noticeably taller than JJ.

Pictures can be deceiving. I have stood next to all 3 of them at various times over the last few years and there is no doubt that Marvin and Josh are noticeably taller than JJ.

I find it a little hard to believe that Smith and Marvin have gotten noticably taller without it ever being mentioned in print. Just look at the obsession with their weight every offseason.

I have seen mentions of other young guys (like Howard and Deng) getting taller but nothing about Smith or Marvin.

I find it a little hard to believe that Smith and Marvin have gotten noticably taller without it ever being mentioned in print. Just look at the obsession with their weight every offseason.

I have seen mentions of other young guys (like Howard and Deng) getting taller but nothing about Smith or Marvin.

The post is moot.

The post is moot.

So are you saying that Marvin grew but Smith didn't? Or are you saying they both grew but Marvin grew more? Exactly how much taller is Marvin than Smith?

Trace seems to think they both grew. I bet if i asked several different people i would get several different opinions which is why i trust the tape unless i see something other than "i think he is taller".

So are you saying that Marvin grew but Smith didn't? Or are you saying they both grew but Marvin grew more? Exactly how much taller is Marvin than Smith?

Trace seems to think they both grew. I bet if i asked several different people i would get several different opinions which is why i trust the tape unless i see something other than "i think he is taller".

Sometimes you are very dense, I don't think, I know. If I look at someone arm length away there is no question. I can see who is taller.

The point is moot. It don't matter.

Sometimes you are very dense, I don't think, I know. If I look at someone arm length away there is no question. I can see who is taller. The point is moot. It don't matter.

The NBA should probably just hire you rather than bothering to actually measure the players.

BTW do you have any idea why Marvin has kept his growth spurt a secret?

The NBA should probably just hire you rather than bothering to actually measure the players.

BTW do you have any idea why Marvin has kept his growth spurt a secret?

I'd say it's pretty likely that both Marvin and Smoove have grown since then. I mean how likely is it that a couple of kids could grow to be that tall at such a young age and then neither of them grow any after that?

I'd say it's pretty likely that both Marvin and Smoove have grown since then. I mean how likely is it that a couple of kids could grow to be that tall at such a young age and then neither of them grow any after that?

how likely is it for them to grow that tall in the first place?

If they have gotten taller you would think it would come up in conversation given that they are interviewed all the time.

how likely is it for them to grow that tall in the first place?

If they have gotten taller you would think it would come up in conversation given that they are interviewed all the time.

Perhaps, but maybe they have actually grown to the height that the Hawks have listed them at all along which wouldn't be worth mentioning.

I just think it's unlikely that they both stopped growing at that point.