• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pics from media day

DrReality

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pic you guys are talking about looks photoshopped to me. The shading doesn't look realistic look at their shoulders, shouldn't they be casting shadows on each other? It doesn't look real to me. It looks like they were all taken one by one, and someone just put them next to each other and added some effects. I might be wrong though.

Two through five they are all pretty dang close to the same size:

6'7" 240

6'9" 240

6'9" 240

6'10" 245

If BK were still here, he would almost HAVE to take a flier on Shaun Livingston to add that 6'7" PG he wanted JJ to be. He could then realize his dream of having a team full of "versatile" guys capable of swinging between positions.

That dream was born from the Showtime Lakers.

The only thing I was thinking is that WOW is Joe one big SG. Must be heck for other guys not named Kobe to guard him.

Interestingly the one thing Kobe doesn't have is physicality aside of shot-strength and jumping. Kobe cannot "body-up" as Joe or D-Wade ect...

JJ is only 1/4" shorter than Smith and Marvin. For some reason the Hawks like to add height to their rookies. Smith and Marvin measured 6'7" without shoes at the combine.

Iggy and Childress measured the exact same height at the combine (6' 5.75" w/o shoes) but Childress was listed two inches taller.

click

JJ is only 1/4" shorter than Smith and Marvin. For some reason the Hawks like to add height to their rookies. Smith and Marvin measured 6'7" without shoes at the combine.

Iggy and Childress measured the exact same height at the combine (6' 5.75" w/o shoes) but Childress was listed two inches taller.

click

without shoes doesn't matter,only basketball height does (in shoes).and it's not the Hawks that are listing them like that,it's the league.

Edited by Cwell

without shoes doesn't matter,only basketball height does (in shoes).and it's not the Hawks that are listing them like that,it's the league.

That is a ridiculous argument.

When people ask you how tall you are do you give your height in shoes? i doubt it. Shoes can have different thickness in the soles so just because a guy wore thicker soled shoes doesn't make them taller.

Childress measured the exact same height w/o shoes as Iggy but is listed 2" taller. Do you think that he was wearing high heels at the combine?

the hawks listed Smith, Marvin and Childress 2" taller than the actually are. The Suns listed JJ at his height without shoes. Philly did the same with Iggy.

There doesn't seem to be any leaguewide standard for listed heights. However the bottom line is that Marvin and Smith only measured 1/4" taller than JJ.