• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anything you need to know about Childress

sofoklis

You are far away and you don't know much about Childress life here in Greece and about other things.

First of all he lives in Glyfada which is a rich and expensive area. It's like Miami i think, but Glyfada has few people and it's not overpopulated. Glyfada has a nice port where all rich guys park their ships glymarmn9.jpg

w527.png

Here everybody love Josh and especially women :wink: . Here is a photo where childress watched a woman basketball game. joshzp1.png

w450.png

Josh Childress said that he is very happy here and he want to stay for 3 years. He is happy with Athens,the team and the people.

Now lets talk about player Childress. Olympiakos coach watched Childress and knew that Childress cannot score 30 points,or shoot 3 points. Giannakis(olympiakos coach) philosophy is this. The most important thing in basketball is defence. If you are only a scorer and sometimes you have a bad day and miss all shots ,then you will be useless for the team. If you are first a good defender ,even if you can't score, you can still play a great defence and take rebounds so you will be usefull.

Giannakis know that Childress will not score 30 points. He wants to score around 15 points,but take rebounds and play good defence. Giannakis build a team where playmaker is 2 meters and center 2.15 ,but they are all fast and our center can play defence on the opponent's playmaker.

Now let's talk about Greek league and Euroleague. In Greece there are only 2 big teams(Olympiakos and Panathinaikos). Most of the stadiums are small here. Olympiakos stadium has 12.000 capacity ,Panathinaikos arround 16.000,Paok 5.000. But that's it. For example Aigaleo(Olympiakos first opponent) has a ridiculus stadium. Espn is here for an interview and you will see it. Even Usa college teams have better stadiums than Aigaleo.

Euroleague is another story. All teams that play in Euroleague have big stadiums and it's a great league. We took Childress most for Euroleague than the Greek league.

Here are some photos of Olympiakos training and presentation

http://s486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Y...iafilter=images

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel free to come back and post updates but I think the shock and awe of Childress has basically worn off.

People will forget about him altogether outside of potentially trading his rights each offseason if/when the Hawks show an improvement on the court this season without him. And it's going to happen.

Childress has basically earholed himself in Greece. I don't see how his value is going to increase any NBA wise over the next 3 offseasons so he'll probably wind up being there until later in his career.

Feel free to come back and post updates but I think the shock and awe of Childress has basically worn off.

People will forget about him altogether outside of potentially trading his rights each offseason if/when the Hawks show an improvement on the court this season without him. And it's going to happen.

Childress has basically earholed himself in Greece. I don't see how his value is going to increase any NBA wise over the next 3 offseasons so he'll probably wind up being there until later in his career.

Well Anthony Parker played for Maccabi and he became a better player.He returned to nba for Raptors and he is a good player.

Trust me Childress will be better. Olympiakos will play to win Euroleague and Greek league. He will gain the winner mentality here and he will be improved as a player too. The contract is for 3 years ,but Josh can leave if he wants even this summer.

Here is some rare footage against Maccabi(friendly game)

And here is my favourite player Big Sofo dunking in another friendly game

Isn't the play over there pretty physical. Don't see him as tht type. Wonder how he will adjust to that.

Yeap it is, but Josh is the most athletic player that has come to Europe. Opponents will fear him. Olympiakos coach many times will put him to guard even the playmaker. Josh is ultra fast and trust me in Europe there aren't many really fast playmakers. With his long hands and his height he will make their lives misserable

Thanks for the info man. JC was always a smart (and savvy) guy. I hope he makes your team better. I also give JC "ups" for doing what he did. Greece is a great place to live (especially if you have money). He will do fine.

Back here in the "blood and guts" NBA - it looks like JC's leaving forced ownership to round out the roster. No individual player better than JC - but taken on the whole we may have a better bench. Of course JC should have been a starter here too - :wink:

proedroibeq9.jpg

w545.png

In the middle the 2 guys are the prezidents. The guy with the red shirt is our coach Panagiotis Giannakis.

What position does the bear play?

What position does the bear play?

The bear is obviously a "security guy" ...he is trying to be inconspictuous and not wear the same old suit like the others. It's a trick the Greeks always pull.

OK - time to tell an old story - I was a navy officer on a ship and we went to Greece. Later it was wonderful, but in the first few hours it was a pain. Being a junior officer, I had to go get the mail. I went and did that but on my way out of the base I was alone and there was this kid (an Arkansas Marine - my guess) who was squaring off against the Greek Secuity guard. Problem was - the Greek Security guard had a machine gun.

So anyway - I figured this kid was gonna get killed real soon if I did nothing. So I excercised my rank and told the kid to "Get over here Marine!"

That didn't set well with him in his drunken state. He did come over to me (so at least he didn't get machine gunned to death...my #1 goal) but then he started phucking with me...giving me crap like "who the phuck are you Ensign?" "How many floats you been on?"

It was obvious that this kid wanted a fight. Still, even very drunk, Marines are dangerous to fight. Plus, officers don't fight enlisted men. So I kept my distance while he staggered around. Just then a shore patrol van came up. A big black Seargeant came out (I only say black because it was a vivid memory and the Seargeant was black as coal).

He told the Marine kid to show his ID...the kid...being drunk and all hyped up said "I don't have to show my..."

That was as far as the conversation went. The Seargeant hit him with a straight right hand that would have made Ali proud. Broke his nose and sunk him to the ground in a pool of his own blood.

Later the Marine Officer asked me to testify on the charge of "Disrespect to a Superior Officer"....I said phuckit - I saw that kid's nose getting blasted...blood spraying all over the van...that was enough for me. :offtopic2:

Edited by DJlaysitup

umm could we get more pics of the greek women?

Hehe i want more pics of her too :smile:

Anyway Josh Childress seems to be a really nice guy. He is educated(i mean not a ghetto guy).

P.S Greece has so many nice places to visit ,but it's sad that all tourists go to the same old dirty places in the center of Athens. If you want to come to Greece and really enjoy your trip and see places that you have never seen before ,you must find a friend from Greece that will have the time to take you to all places.

The first championship game has just finished

Aigaleo-Olympiakos 65-90

Childress scored 16 points ,made 2 steals,1 block etc. Can't say much because Aigaleo is really a bad team with a crappy stadium and was an easy game.

Here are some highlights of the game. http://www.sport.gr/default.asp?pid=69&vid=17269

aigaleo4qa8.jpg

w388.png

aigaleo3pp9.jpg

w460.png

Edited by sofoklis