CNNSI.COM on the Hawks

Wurider05

Actually, I firmly agree with most of that article. One thing continues to bother me with EVERY writer/analyst writing about the Hawks: Yes we lost Childress, but it is NOT akin to us losing Joe Johnson. I mean seriously, these guys make it out to mean we just lost Kobe or something. Childress was a fine player, but we replaced him with better fits.

At any rate, the year looks promising if our core continues to stay together, Bibby have more good shooting nights than bad, and we get consistent production AND PT from our bench. Woodson will also need to take his coaching up another level.

One thing that does concern me though is that front court depth. Let's hope Randolph Morris and Solo can give us some advantages there while Zaza learns how to consistently play defense.

Actually, I firmly agree with most of that article. One thing continues to bother me with EVERY writer/analyst writing about the Hawks: Yes we lost Childress, but it is NOT akin to us losing Joe Johnson. I mean seriously, these guys make it out to mean we just lost Kobe or something. Childress was a fine player, but we replaced him with better fits.

At any rate, the year looks promising if our core continues to stay together, Bibby have more good shooting nights than bad, and we get consistent production AND PT from our bench. Woodson will also need to take his coaching up another level.

One thing that does concern me though is that front court depth. Let's hope Randolph Morris and Solo can give us some advantages there while Zaza learns how to consistently play defense.

That is the funny part though. Nobody gave a rat@ss (media) last year. But now he's the greatest thing ever. lol

That is the funny part though. Nobody gave a rat@ss (media) last year. But now he's the greatest thing ever. lol

It's just a easy reason to elimate the hawks from being playoff contenders in the East.

• Moderators
That was terrible, he didn't even make a prediction.

Come on...that article was really sharp.

The Hawks have a good enough core group to be competitive, but losing Childress will hurt their depth. With the improvement of East also-rans like Chicago and Milwaukee, Atlanta probably will have to do better than 37 victories to make the playoffs this season.

The Hawks will probably have to better than 37 victories to make the playoffs. That is as close as you are coming to a prediction? Geez. Given that it is a rare exception when a team can make the playoffs with 37 victories and the number of improved teams in the East, I will step up and predict "the Hawks will need to win more than 37 games to make the playoffs this year." Woah. Just reading that makes me think I've overstepped the limits of predictions but I'll just have to stick to my guns and take the punishment from everyone who so strongly argues that 37 games will be enough to make the playoffs this year.

I guess this tool hasn't been paying attention to the team. The bench is not thin. It is a much improved bench from last year. The only negative thing that happened this off-season was loosing Chill. But Law should be able to contribute more, Flip and Mo are nice additions, Othello Hunter could be a strong pick up from the D-league, Gardner did a decent job in Chicago and I can see him doing better in Atlanta where players are more athletic. Other than that I dont know why he would say we have nothing to build on. Thats total BS.

I guess this tool hasn't been paying attention to the team. The bench is not thin. It is a much improved bench from last year. The only negative thing that happened this off-season was loosing Chill. But Law should be able to contribute more, Flip and Mo are nice additions, Othello Hunter could be a strong pick up from the D-league, Gardner did a decent job in Chicago and I can see him doing better in Atlanta where players are more athletic. Other than that I dont know why he would say we have nothing to build on. Thats total BS.

Othello is an undrafted rookie from Ohio State,he didn't come from the d-league.

Hawks will run hot and cold. They've done that before with this same starting five and

we can expect more of the same.

This season, however, I believe the bench is stronger and may be able to come in and

add that necessary spark to set the fires burning. Get 'em out of that ice cold funk.

When our starters hit their shots, which they are very capable of doing, they will give

any NBA team all that they can handle. However, when that cold snap comes, nothing

seems to fall and our opponent runs away and hides.

I hope that our new shooting coach can be of help to the Hawks in overcoming this glaring

flaw in their game. We all know that all NBA teams run hot and cold in their shooting.

Runs are made by either team. Getting out of this ice cold hole as soon as possible is

something we hope we really improve on this season.

GO HAWKS!!

Letting Childress escape was a mistake. Not because the Hawks didn't match the Monopoly money that Childress received from Olympiakos, but because they tried to lowball the valuable forward

Unfair statement and wholly untrue. We offered him the same thing anyone else offered him, which was MLE money. Say what you want about how fast the offer got on the table, but the offer itself was market value.

Will ownership spend to make the Hawks a winner?if they aren't players on the trade market or pass on a serious offer for Bibby because of the financial implications, they deserve to struggle.

Another case of shortchanging ownership. If they were really that concerned about taking on salary, they wouldn't have OK'd the Bibby deal in the first place.

This season, however, I believe the bench is stronger and may be able to come in and add that necessary spark to set the fires burning. Get 'em out of that ice cold funk.

for real

i am well aware of some of the AMAZING rebounding Chillz did in the playoffs, but damn, it would seem Flip and Mo might truly provide a offensive punch to the second unit

Its whether the others can pick up the rebounding slack in Chillz' absence....i am hoping so :)

I think we are a bit more well-rounded now TBH

veterans and such

Go Hawks!

Edited by f_town

I am hoping that Mo and Flip will help the team offense on the second unit. Seems to me that Chill got his points down low but did not really help run the offense as a team.

I think we've seen in the preseason that Flip's driving to the basket and Mo's outside shot are helping spread the floor and creating other options for the offense. Don't think Chill did this.