• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How many games will the Hawks win this season?

Dexmethylphenidate

How many games will the Hawks win this season?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators
http://www.ajc.com/hawks/content/sports/ha...l?cxntlid=linkr

AJC reader thinks the Hawks will be good enough to get pass 40 wins this season. What do you think?

AJC needs to split up the breakpoints on their poll to get a better tally. Oughta be more like:

0-30

31-37 (or however many they won last season)

38-41 (41 being half 'n half)

42-45

46-50

51-82

~lw3

I think the Hawks will be 45-37, with a 5-6 seed in the playoffs.

1. Boston (champs, big three)

2. Detroit (consistency, veteran chemistry)

3. Philly (add Brand to the equation from last year, scary thought, COMPLETE starting 5....need deeper bench)

4. Cleveland (King James)

5. Hawks (youngsters are vets now, added vets, team chemistry/unity, hunger, athleticism)

6. Toronto (althought getting long in the tooth, JO with Bosh in the post---potent)

7. Orlando (big dropoff from last year....big dropoff from Turkoglu)

8. Washington (need Agent Zero for at least 60 games or more help for AJ and CB)

In the mix for 7-8

Chicago, Milwaukee

Edited by SmooveHawksFan

AJC needs to split up the breakpoints on their poll to get a better tally. Oughta be more like:

0-30

31-37 (or however many they won last season)

38-41 (41 being half 'n half)

42-45

46-50

51-82

~lw3

I agree, 20-40 is a huge range. I think the Hawks will get around 40 +/- 3

41 to 43. Gotta stay healthy.

I'm drinking the kool-aid...I'm sticking with 45 games.

28 home wins 28-14

17 road wins 17-25

Is this prediction too far fetched?

HAWKS TO MISS THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

By Rodney Page / St Petersburg Times

(In today's AJC Sports section)

EASTERN CONFERENCE PLAYOFF TEAMS

Celtics

Cavaliers

Pistons

76ers

Magic

Raptors

Wizards

Pacers

If this is true, regardless of how many victories WE believe the Hawks will atain,

it just won't be enough to make the playoffs.

On the other hand, opinions are like noses, everyone has one and they are not all

alike. Perhaps, there is a possibility that he might not know everything. This is

probably a shock to him, so don't tell him.

Just so you know that every "Expert" writer is not always 100% correct, The Sporting

News projected the Falcons record this season to be 1-15. Gotta wonder if he has

been sharing his Kool Aid with Rodney Page.

Personally, I gotta believe that, if the Hawks can remain injury free for the most part,

they will wind up in the middle of the top eight. Health is the key for every team in

the NBA. Things can go down hill in a hurry if one or two key players go down for

an extended period of time.

Childress was a unique player and my favorite Hawk. His ability to rebound, especially to grab the airball, was uncanny. However, I don't think he was a very good fit for the Hawks. The improvement of Marvin and Acie, and the pickup of Mo Evans all help to fill the hole left by Chillz.

Bibby being healthier and here to start the season makes a big difference. We lost tons of games early and mid-season last year, I don't see that happening so much this year. JSmoove and Horford of course improve. JJ probably won't go through a bad spell like he did last year largely since he should have an easier time do to our point guard improvements.

I see us starting slow due to the schedule but closing on but missing a home court seed as the season closes out, assuming we keep Bibby. With a Bibby trade/dump I see us getting a 6 or 7 seed. Win range 42-49. Btw, I don't think the East will be that much better overall.

Im drinking koolaid also. 45 wins isnt too high and isnt too low. thats about 6th in the east.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. It doesn't seem too many of our fans are optimistic about the season and believe we can do it.....it's not too hard or too far fetched. We just need to improve on our road games.