• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hope some of you old faithfuls enjoyed this start...

mrhonline

• Premium Member

...Because we've earned it. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I remember Jason Walker talking about the fan enjoying the "progress" his/her team makes, as opposed to freaking out over every loss. (Keeping the long-term in mind, in other words).

It's been a long ride back to respectability, no?

Here's to hoping it continues... :beer:

...Because we've earned it. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I remember Jason Walker talking about the fan enjoying the "progress" his/her team makes, as opposed to freaking out over every loss. (Keeping the long-term in mind, in other words).

It's been a long ride back to respectability, no?

Here's to hoping it continues... :beer:

I am definitely having fun with it. I also get a laugh whenever i visit the Hawks.com and see the front page with the check marks next to the games. I wonder if they will keep doing that when the Hawks lose one.

Knowing how much these guys have struggled makes me happy for them now. JJ was ridiculed for choosing us over the Suns and even now is dogged by criticism that he isn't a lead player. Smith was called most likely to bust and has been dogged by stories about his attitude. marvin can't escape being picked ahead of two franchise pgs.

These guys have endured a lot of losing but now here they sit, one of only 2 undefeated teams left.

:beer:

• Admin

Its nice to be near the top of the rankings, to win some road game and to beat some tough teams. However, the schedule coming up continues to be brutal especially this week. I really like the commitment to team play and d so far and I like the depth or our bench for once. I want to see a little more from Acie but everyone is doing a great job. I hope to see it continue.

Don't forget it is only 5 games in...there are 77 more games to go.

Lets see. Last season, Hawks won 37. Some said we wouldn't do better than that

this season. Note: They probably are of the same school of thought that had our

Atlanta Falcons would have one win this year - Check their record - It's more than one.

77 more games to win 32 and meet THAT low expectation. Bet they have changed their

mind on a couple of Atlanta pro teams.

If Hawks only play .500 for the remainder of the season, we win 46 - - Therefore we see

that a 50 win season is not unreasonable to expect. Where would THAT put us in the

standings at the end of the season?

In the big picture of the entire season, winning those first five makes the goals for having

a good position in the playoffs so important.

Boy oh boy, looking down from the top is SO much nicer than being on the bottom,

looking up, isn't it!!

GO HAWKS!!!

Boy oh boy, looking down from the top is SO much nicer than being on the bottom,

looking up, isn't it!!

GO HAWKS!!!

Yep GM....I remember going to a Hawks game a couple years ago. I had talked a friend of mine at the CDC to go. He is a fairly conservative-type guy but I go with him to Braves games so he agreed to go (out of decency since I'm a BB fan). We were playing the GS Warriors - who weren't very good either. I figured we would at least be competitive...but alas...we got our arses handed to us in spectacular fashion. As we were leaving (early 4th - down 20+) I heard a guy say "somebody should get fired"...my response (kind of vocally) was that the whole flocking organization should get fired for this mess.

What a difference a few years make!! :cheers:

Edited by DJlaysitup

Yep GM....I remember going to a Hawks game a couple years ago. I had talked a friend of mine at the CDC to go. He is a fairly conservative-type guy but I go with him to Braves games so he agreed to go (out of decency since I'm a BB fan). We were playing the GS Warriors - who weren't very good either. I figured we would at least be competitive...but alas...we got our arses handed to us in spectacular fashion. As we were leaving (early 4th - down 20+) I heard a guy say "somebody should get fired"...my response (kind of vocally) was that the whole flocking organization should get fired for this mess.

What a difference a few years make!! :cheers:

A complete mess, I mean come on Peja Drobnjak used to be our starting center for crying out loud. Let the good times roll.

I live and breathe Hawks basketball...it's an exciting time. It's funny being from Ohio and the only Hawks fan in the state. Can't help it...Good Old TBS aired all the Hawks games when I was old enough to get into basketball...early eighties. It stuck. I was the jackass that sported all my Hawks gear during the 13-69 season. It's safe to say that we haven't had much success this decade, and I'm soaking this all up. From the trade of Nique, to the "guarantee" playff spot...it's been rough. I know it's early, but I'm loving every second of being 5-0.

All we need now is Mr. Miagi to slap those hands together and rub Smoove's ankle....

Funny that you mentioned the "playoff guarrantee" buckeye....that was comical.

Not to go too far OT but I really think that getting A.H. was the best thing we could have done. Not that it was particularly hard from a management/ownership perspective...still...it worked out. A.H. reminds of my son in rugby. Not the biggest or the strongest - but he has guts. My son was basically run over in the state championship game against Parkview by a kid who was 6'4" - 225LBS (and he's only 6'-165)....yet once getting flattened he held on to the guy's leg...and basically stopped him....when the play was over (and our support players piled on) he still had the other guys leg. We won the state championship that day.

A.H. seems to me to be a guy who is a "rock". You know what you are getting every night. Opponents tend to fear that type of guy too. Sure, he can be dunked over occasionally - but he'll be there - every time. I posted a few times that I thought A.H. was playing "out of position"....now I figure that any position for him is fine (no 1 or 2 of course).

A.H. is a cornerstone IMHO. That's not to say that we don't need a high flying JS to scare the sh!t out of the driving guards - or shooters...and of course JJ and Bibby.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I am enjoying this for sure, but it does not come close to the pleasure of those playoff wins last year. Not to be a downer, but every year a couple mediocre/bad teams come out hot and surprise everyone. I'm still not convinced we are one of the best teams in the east. I need to see this level of play sustained.

Last year about 25 games in we had a top four record in the east, and people were convinced we had finally arrived. It's been too many years seeing glimmers of hope that a harsh door of reality quickly shut to have me overly excited.