• Raised $390 of $700 target

AHF I expect you will whip my team this week

Admin

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
I've never seen a team as screwed as mine...

Whats up with it taking so long for Deng to clear waivers? I can't believe I picked him off there.

I gave up on Deng for a reason.

Maybe you'll see.

BTW... Anybody got a PG or Sf they're interested in talking trade about?

I gave up on Deng for a reason.

Maybe you'll see.

BTW... Anybody got a PG or Sf they're interested in talking trade about?

What does it say about Deng that he could have been on the waiver wire this year? I think in the long run you'll regret dropping him but we'll see. I'm glad Swish was able to pick him up since he's had such a rough year.

I'm pretty happy with my roster now after getting Hawes, although I didn't realize that they'd start Brad Miller and Mikki Moore together and bring Hawes off the bench.

D, you definitely need to consider trading away a center since you've still got 5 of them. Gasol sure looks like he'll be pretty good and I'm shocked quite frankly!

• Admin
What does it say about Deng that he could have been on the waiver wire this year? I think in the long run you'll regret dropping him but we'll see. I'm glad Swish was able to pick him up since he's had such a rough year.

I'm pretty happy with my roster now after getting Hawes, although I didn't realize that they'd start Brad Miller and Mikki Moore together and bring Hawes off the bench.

D, you definitely need to consider trading away a center since you've still got 5 of them. Gasol sure looks like he'll be pretty good and I'm shocked quite frankly!

I think Hawes will soon move ahead of Moore. Either that or Miller will be shipped out. Their future is with Hawes at center and even off the bench he has still been solid

I was glad Swish got him too. I think in the long run Deng will get his game back. He is just having a rough start.

I think Hawes will soon move ahead of Moore. Either that or Miller will be shipped out. Their future is with Hawes at center and even off the bench he has still been solid

I was glad Swish got him too. I think in the long run Deng will get his game back. He is just having a rough start.

Hawes is a lot better than I thought he'd be in the pros. He may be the most well rounded center in the game. He shoots a ridiculous percentage from 3 (75%) and he's made 9 of them in only 7 games. Plus he almost averages a double-double in 30 minutes while blocking 2 shots per.

• Admin
Hawes is a lot better than I thought he'd be in the pros. He may be the most well rounded center in the game. He shoots a ridiculous percentage from 3 (75%) and he's made 9 of them in only 7 games. Plus he almost averages a double-double in 30 minutes while blocking 2 shots per.

Miller coming back screwed up Jason Thompson for me too

Miller coming back screwed up Jason Thompson for me too

That's why I was leery about signing Thompson, I had him on my watch list and considered signing him when you did but I didn't think he'd get enough minutes. He looks to be a pretty darn good player though so far.

Glad you guys had a little mercy on me...anyone wanna drop someone else impactful? I could use another guard. ;)

I can't find any scoop on Dunleavy, I was expecting him to really produce, any ideas?

Williams injury is also making me uncomfortable...he keeps putting off the return.

Parker was playing incredibly and then went down.

Hinrich gone basically for the forseeable future.

What did I do to deserve it?

• Admin
That's why I was leery about signing Thompson, I had him on my watch list and considered signing him when you did but I didn't think he'd get enough minutes. He looks to be a pretty darn good player though so far.

Well at least Oden is supposed to be back this week. Now if only Noah can get some PT maybe I can get a couple rebounds.

• Moderators
I think I've gotten a bit lucky thus far, especially against Cap, with my record but I'll take it. I'm still not sure how you ended up with Paul and JJ and still have Arenas for later. That's gonna be tough to beat in the playoffs.

It should be a good matchup this week. The extra games you will get with Arenas out should definitely help but I expect to win enough categories so this week will very competitive between us. Arenas will be a huge bonus if he is able to return but that is certainly a gamble. I just felt like the upside was worth the risk at that point in the draft. He won't help %s but will be a massive influx of raw numbers. I am hoping to stay competitive until he returns and then crossing my fingers that he stays healthy.

Re: Deng, the lack of 3's and poor %s are hard to stomach in this league but I think you could find people interested in acquiring him for players on their roster. I know I put in a waiver claim for him as well that I didn't have a prayer of actually getting.

When I missed on that, I decided to bet on putrid Alston's 3pt #s improving. The guy has basically averaged 13 & 6 with two 3's per game over the last couple years and that could workout if he stop shooting 20% from 3. If not, there will be churning to do.

• Admin
Glad you guys had a little mercy on me...anyone wanna drop someone else impactful? I could use another guard. ;)

I can't find any scoop on Dunleavy, I was expecting him to really produce, any ideas?

Williams injury is also making me uncomfortable...he keeps putting off the return.

Parker was playing incredibly and then went down.

Hinrich gone basically for the forseeable future.

What did I do to deserve it?

SWISH

www.rotoworld.com is a pretty good site to give you updates. Go to dept charts and find your player. If there are any updates it will be in there. They are pretty good about being up to date or at least the last time they have any news on him will be in there.

• Admin
It should be a good matchup this week. The extra games you will get with Arenas out should definitely help but I expect to win enough categories so this week will very competitive between us. Arenas will be a huge bonus if he is able to return but that is certainly a gamble. I just felt like the upside was worth the risk at that point in the draft. He won't help %s but will be a massive influx of raw numbers. I am hoping to stay competitive until he returns and then crossing my fingers that he stays healthy.

Re: Deng, the lack of 3's and poor %s are hard to stomach in this league but I think you could find people interested in acquiring him for players on their roster. I know I put in a waiver claim for him as well that I didn't have a prayer of actually getting.

When I missed on that, I decided to bet on putrid Alston's 3pt #s improving. The guy has basically averaged 13 & 6 with two 3's per game over the last couple years and that could workout if he stop shooting 20% from 3. If not, there will be churning to do.

We have a lot of categories in this league. Its fun but if you guys want to knock it down to a more traditional league then we can look at getting rid of Offensive rebounds and 3pt% next year if u want.

BTW, dolfan u kicked my a$$ (7/4)...obviously wasn't lucky. AHF just best me too :( I need to turn this around

We have a lot of categories in this league. Its fun but if you guys want to knock it down to a more traditional league then we can look at getting rid of Offensive rebounds and 3pt% next year if u want.

BTW, dolfan u kicked my a$$ (7/4)...obviously wasn't lucky. AHF just best me too :( I need to turn this around

The 7-4 was a bit deceiving though as there were some categories that were fairly close. I was 6-5 with Libid going into this weekend and ended up squeaking out a few of categories to go 9-2 so I'm not overconfident in my guys but I'm pretty happy with them overall.

• Premium Member

That's basically it. Deng does nothing well aside from scoring.. and when his FG% is low, he becomes more of a burden than a talent.

• Admin
The 7-4 was a bit deceiving though as there were some categories that were fairly close. I was 6-5 with Libid going into this weekend and ended up squeaking out a few of categories to go 9-2 so I'm not overconfident in my guys but I'm pretty happy with them overall.

I was behind the whole week...I was lucky to get 4 points. I almost got 3% too but that was it

SWISH

www.rotoworld.com is a pretty good site to give you updates. Go to dept charts and find your player. If there are any updates it will be in there. They are pretty good about being up to date or at least the last time they have any news on him will be in there.

Bleck.......he's out "indefinitely" with knee tendinitis.

• Moderators
That's basically it. Deng does nothing well aside from scoring.. and when his FG% is low, he becomes more of a burden than a talent.

He does get enough rebounds, steals, blocks, etc. to be useful if he ups his FG%, though. I would bank on improvement going forward on the season. Over his career, November is his worst FG% month so he rarely starts the season very well. This is significantly worse than his career average, as well, so I expect regression to the mean.