• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Offical...I HATE PAUL PIERCE THREAD

tonegully

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pierce has just turned into a flat out B-B-Beeotch!!!

Over the last 3-4 years, all he does is look for fouls, he plays soft and looks for the ref to bail him out of those dumb out control drives and other bad shots. Off the ball he just tries to run into people and draw fouls the whole game to get to the line. If he's not playing out of control, he tries to drive (but since he clearly has lost a step) then he'll pump fake to get guy in the air or simply jump into him and wait for the refs to give him a pathetic reward of FTs. It's a smart move but it should be your last option when being aggressive not a plan against every player that guards you. He knows he'll get a call so he looks to do it instead of trying to make a shot.

AND HE DEIFNITELY DIDN'T DESERVE TO MAKE THAT GAME-WINNER after all those BS calls kept them on the FT line and our only solid big man on the bench most of the game. Do you think KG would have been on the bench if Pierce was out and Powe got hurt in that same game? HELL NAW!!!

I liked KG before he joined the Celtics and have always disliked Pierce. Ray Allen is and will always be my favorite non hawk he's the only classy guy on that squad but KG is such a lil punk. Did anyone else notice how scared he was to even look Z's way?? He was as giddy as a school girl when he saw Z get hurt.

And there is apparently still bad blood from KG, what a little punk:

http://www.ajc.com/hawks/content/sports/ha...wks_report.html

I lost a ton of respect for KG after that series. What a punk, a classless punk. And his type of crazy behavior is loved by the media which annoys the hell out of me. They are glorifying some psycho who made comments about a simple NBA game being war (that AK-47, uzi comment in the playoffs) when we actually have a war we were/are fighting at the time is unbelievable.

Last night it seemed a bit chippy in there, which the Boston announcers talked about, and I kinda like that about us. I don't want us to take cheap shots and be bullies, but I definitely want us to be physical and make the other team think twice about battling us in the paint.

Speaking of that did you notice when Solo fouled Perkins and I guess didn't like what Perkins had to say or his facial expression or something and then Solo bowed up to him? I don't think I'd like to see him fight Perkins but between his dust up with Zaza in the off-season and now this I'm thinking that Solo might be a lot tougher than he physically appears to be.

Well, like I said, I didn't see the game (DAMN), but I would not want Solo f-ing with Perkins...Zaza maybe but not skinny SJ.

I really like what I see from Jones though.

From what I remember reading Solo handled his business with Zaza so he's certainly a lot tougher than you'd think by looking at him.

I wouldn't mind seeing him get in a fight. There has really only been one punch in an NBA fight that actually connected (Kermit on Tomjanovich). So I wouldn't worry about him being knocked out or anything since it is such a rare occurrence. But if Solo got into it, then it gives us more of a reputation as a team that doesn't take s*** from anyone.

Yeah it's really been years since the league was filled with fighting. Really since those old Knicks tough guys left the league, like Oakley and Mason and what not. It seemed like they were always trying to start fights.

I think the main reason I don't want to see Solo fight anyone is that we can't handle losing him to a suspension LOL.

I didn't really think of that aspect, a suspension would definitely hurt us. Having Hunter and Morris as our other big men is a scary thought. But if you asked me if I would trade the next 3 games without Solo for a solid reputation as a tough team I would probably take the reputation, but 3 games is probably the most I would trade for that.

If there was a guarantee that we'd be seen that way. Of course we might already be seen that way around the league though as I've heard several opposing announcers talking about how physical we play. I don't know that anyone sees us as a pushover anymore.

• Moderators

Re PP and KG, I liked KG before he came to Boston. Now I view him a little differently but still basically respect him. He doesn't look for cheap fouls or play soft. His theatrics are over the top and more annoying than I realized when he was in Minnesota but he is still playing the game the right way. The only major annoyance I have is the NBA's fawning over him in Boston - he should have been tossed for pushing the ref out of the way to put up a pretence of going after Zaza. The fact that the NBA coddled him there, though, isn't a reason for me to really dislike him.

On Pierce, last year's playoffs revealed him to be a soft punk and drama queen. Throwing signs and pretending to have major injuries for attention is just pathetic. If the guy played tough it would be one thing, but he cries out like he has been shot whenever he is brushed. It is the combination of pretending to be a tough guy while playing soft that is the problem for me. Either one on its own wouldn't make me dislike him as much as I do now. I won't go so far as to say that he isn't a standout player, because I think he is, but he isn't in JJ's league. If JJ got calls like PP and PP got calls like JJ, you would see a 5 PPG swing in their numbers, IMO.

Just reminding myself how much i hate PP.

Oh yeah nothing like them old Detroit teams that punked Jordan and Pippen classics. I just this is our Pistons. Remember when Bulls couldnt beat the Pistons for nothing..classic rivals

Re PP and KG, I liked KG before he came to Boston. Now I view him a little differently but still basically respect him. He doesn't look for cheap fouls or play soft. His theatrics are over the top and more annoying than I realized when he was in Minnesota but he is still playing the game the right way. The only major annoyance I have is the NBA's fawning over him in Boston - he should have been tossed for pushing the ref out of the way to put up a pretence of going after Zaza. The fact that the NBA coddled him there, though, isn't a reason for me to really dislike him.

On Pierce, last year's playoffs revealed him to be a soft punk and drama queen. Throwing signs and pretending to have major injuries for attention is just pathetic. If the guy played tough it would be one thing, but he cries out like he has been shot whenever he is brushed. It is the combination of pretending to be a tough guy while playing soft that is the problem for me. Either one on its own wouldn't make me dislike him as much as I do now. I won't go so far as to say that he isn't a standout player, because I think he is, but he isn't in JJ's league. If JJ got calls like PP and PP got calls like JJ, you would see a 5 PPG swing in their numbers, IMO.

That's what put PP over the edge for me. Before, I didn't like him because I felt he was overrated. The gang sign incident made me dislike him strongly, and the "OMG I'M SO HURTTTTTTTTTT but I can still come out and act like nothing happened because it didn't" incident made me hate him. Him, KG, and Sam Cassell are basically the 3 players I hate most in the NBA right now. Sam Cassell is actually ahead of KG since that monkey dance incident.

Seriously, this guy is a bitch. I don't like Pierce one bit... the ridiculous calls he gets...the complaining..the flopping.

Is that seriously what this game has gone to in order to win? Flopping? Whining for calls? It trickles down to people like PERKINS who thinks he deserves calls and complains when he gets a foul called on him..Perkins would NEVER start for any team in the NBA... he's really, really not good.

Did anyone see FAT ASS Baby Davis complaining about foul calls? Sit down and eat a burger or something, fat ass.

Garnett pisses me off with his unsportsmanship.. KG, you're not BIGGER THAN THE GAME. Your time is about up, anyway.

Cassell is another story...hate him to another level.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

• 2 weeks later...