• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Hawks Fan Blog

zuck617

I found this the other day while I was looking for Hawks Fan Blogs, it seems like the site was just started fairly recently. I say it's about time someone did this as I have seen so many NBA blog sites for other teams and been wondering when an Atlanta Hawks one would come up. Anyways here is the link

http://billyknighttookmylunchmoney.blogspot.com/

Pretty funny stuff and pretty good insight, I must say

I found this the other day while I was looking for Hawks Fan Blogs, it seems like the site was just started fairly recently. I say it's about time someone did this as I have seen so many NBA blog sites for other teams and been wondering when an Atlanta Hawks one would come up. Anyways here is the link

http://billyknighttookmylunchmoney.blogspot.com/

Pretty funny stuff and pretty good insight, I must say

Multiple accounts and spamming are not allowed. You were banned as lawstudent and have now had your other 2 accounts banned after you posted under 2 different accounts in a matter of minutes with the same spam. Thanks for letting me know about your other accounts.

• Premium Member
I thought the blog was pretty funny actually. Clearly just meant to be up for maybe a week and then fade away (since all posts were from the past day), but actually entertaining nonetheless.

How can you not love a reference to Smokey the Bear?

On another note, did you create your "Flip Mo" image yourself, HF?

Hey, it is Smokey Bear not Smokey THE Bear. Thst would be like calling Santa Claus Santa THE Claus! :smile:

Uhh...no. Not that it is a big deal or anything but...

Bear is a noun. Claus is a name. There is nothing wrong with putting "the" in front of a noun.

Smokey the Bear is no different from Oscar the Grouch or Kermit the Frog. Back in the day i never heard anyone say Smokey Bear.

Uhh...no. Not that it is a big deal or anything but...

Bear is a noun. Claus is a name. There is nothing wrong with putting "the" in front of a noun.

Smokey the Bear is no different from Oscar the Grouch or Kermit the Frog. Back in the day i never heard anyone say Smokey Bear.

Like you said, no big deal but...there is nothing wrong with it other than it is NOT his name. The confusion about his name came from a song that was written about him back in the 50's where the song's authors added a "the" between Smokey and Bear in order to maintain the song's rhythm.

I have worked for the US Forest Service for 20 years and my mom worked for them for 35 years. Heck, I rode on a fire engine with Smokey in a parade when I was 3 years old. One thing I know is Smokey Bear's history!

Check out the attached link regarding his name taken from the official Smokey Bear website:

http://www.smokeybear.com/vault/name_main.asp