• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chillz feature on ESPN during the game

gsuteke

He is only putting up 9 and 5 in the Greek league? Not only that but he didnt seem happy about how serious the Greeks fans take the game. He really sounded depressed. Hopefully we can get a decent player or pick for him.

• Premium Member
He is only putting up 9 and 5 in the Greek league? Not only that but he didnt seem happy about how serious the Greeks fans take the game. He really sounded depressed. Hopefully we can get a decent player or pick for him.

I'm convinced he's homesick. He's going to want more than the Hawks should commit (before addressing the frontcourt depth), so I hope that they are able to S&T him somewhere he wants to go.

That arena they showed Chillz playing in looked like a High School. Did you guys see the stands?

No wonder he wants to come back to the NBA next year.

That's because the smaller greek teams only have small halls, the bigger teams like AEK & Panathinaikos have arenas with a capacity of 19,000 and most (if not all) Euroleague teams have arenas with 10,000+ seats. I'd say the atmosphere during the Olympiacos-Panthinaikos derbies easily tops any NBA game atmosphere.

After that Chill interview Mo showed the biggest difference between the two players on a missed layup. Childress ALWAYS found a way to get the ball in the hoop or at least get fouled when he was near the rim. On the break or off a rebound, if he had the ball in his hands he was going to get points. Mo on the other hand can't seem to buy a bucket near the rim unless it's a wide open dunk. I just miss that reliability.

Honestly - I didn't have the sense that Childress was "big" enough on the NBA landscape to where they'd have him on for an interview not only during the game but at 3 AM Greek time.

I guess you learn something every day.

Childress was the biggest story in the NBA for a long time during the offseason. He sparked many discussions on ESPN and other sports stations/websites. I'm not sure but I think Childress may be the first decent player that the NBA lost to Europe.

I'm convinced he's homesick. He's going to want more than the Hawks should commit (before addressing the frontcourt depth), so I hope that they are able to S&T him somewhere he wants to go.

I wonder what the SnT offers for him were? Usually those sort of things get leaked eventually if they are serious, I mean I don't think the ATL wanted to lose Smith at all and we heard rumors of things being offered for him, what could teams have been offering for Childress that would have conformed to the value placed on a player making "significantly" more than 33/5 (his words) and a starting spot?

I wouldn't say Chil is a liar by any means, I'm sure those teams told him he would be starting, but I also don't think they were willing to give up anything that was worth more than nothing, if you catch my drift.

I wonder what the SnT offers for him were? Usually those sort of things get leaked eventually if they are serious, I mean I don't think the ATL wanted to lose Smith at all and we heard rumors of things being offered for him, what could teams have been offering for Childress that would have conformed to the value placed on a player making "significantly" more than 33/5 (his words) and a starting spot?

I wouldn't say Chil is a liar by any means, I'm sure those teams told him he would be starting, but I also don't think they were willing to give up anything that was worth more than nothing, if you catch my drift.

I bet the Spurs would have started him. They started Finley and Mason tonight. Manu comes off the bench.

I would love to SNT Childress to the Spurs for Mason.

I bet the Spurs would have started him. They started Finley and Mason tonight. Manu comes off the bench.

I would love to SNT Childress to the Spurs for Mason.

If my memory serves me the Spurs were the one team that was rumored to have been interested in Childress when we were going back and forth about him this summer.

• Moderators
If the Spurs are still interested mabey we could SNT Childress for the rights to Tiago Splitter.

We are over the cap and would need to take back roughly equal salary to whatever Chillz signs for in that trade.

• Premium Member
We are over the cap and would need to take back roughly equal salary to whatever Chillz signs for in that trade.

No...

This offseason, we can go to be well under the cap. Bibby, Marvin, and Zaza can come off the books... That's roughly 23-24 Million.

I think we will prolly resign Bibs maybe to a frontloaded deal... that starts around 7 and averages about 8. Maybe 4 year 32 Million.

I have no idea what we will do with Zaza and what his worth will be? Same for Marv.

No...

This offseason, we can go to be well under the cap. Bibby, Marvin, and Zaza can come off the books... That's roughly 23-24 Million.

I think we will prolly resign Bibs maybe to a frontloaded deal... that starts around 7 and averages about 8. Maybe 4 year 32 Million.

I have no idea what we will do with Zaza and what his worth will be? Same for Marv.

Marvin and Bibby will have huge cap holds. Childress' cap hold is over $10 million i believe. Marvin will have a max cap hold. Therefore the Hawks really won't be under the cap in terms of trades.

No...

Diesel outside of adding some 3 point range Marvin hasn't done himself any favors so far in his contract year IMO.

Smoove is a much better player and we all know the trouble he had this offseason getting and 11 million dollar on average deal.

With the impending 2010 FA class I see the 2009 market being a little tough on players.

Understood it only takes one team to screw it up for us but who would want to tie up alot of caproom in Marvin Williams?

Marvin and Bibby will have huge cap holds. Childress' cap hold is over $10 million i believe. Marvin will have a max cap hold. Therefore the Hawks really won't be under the cap in terms of trades.

That will work against us possibly by giving Childress leverage against the Hawks seeking a trade along with Marvin seeking a contract.

If Marvin drags it out the Hawks will be hamstrung.