• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smiths Dunk on Perkins

PureGreatness

I don't really think he dunked ON Perkins. Perkins looked like he just went up for a foul. It was an explosive dunk, that's for sure though.

I have to disagree my man...anytime some goes up to defend a shot and gets dunked on...he gets dunked on.....Perkins got dunked ON!!

• Premium Member

I stood up and said "that's what we pay you to do." After watching Smoove jack up three after three, it was an about damn time moment when he finally put the ball on the floor and dunked it over the opponents. The way I see it, Smoove will have an athletic advantage over the league for a short window... him and this mental block of not wanting to be known as a dunker has to end.

I watched halftime with drunk ass Bill Walton. As he was coming out of his poison mushroom stupor, he did mention that Smoove and Marvin have to learn to score in the post. I had to agree with the "delusional" one.. Smoove has to learn to score going towards the rim. Nobody can stop him.. either he will score or get fouled. But he has to do it.

agree with Diesel.....Smith has to understand that he will not be this athletic forever...he needs to take advantage of it while he can...for someone who can dunk like he can, he sure doesnt do it that often...if he can fly high for a block, he can do so for a dunk..

if he needs to see someone as an example, he can look at Lebron..lebron has good size and is explosive and if even thinks that his defender's angle is off by just a smidgen, he takes off and gets the foul.

I stood up and said "that's what we pay you to do." After watching Smoove jack up three after three, it was an about damn time moment when he finally put the ball on the floor and dunked it over the opponents. The way I see it, Smoove will have an athletic advantage over the league for a short window... him and this mental block of not wanting to be known as a dunker has to end.

I watched halftime with drunk ass Bill Walton. As he was coming out of his poison mushroom stupor, he did mention that Smoove and Marvin have to learn to score in the post. I had to agree with the "delusional" one.. Smoove has to learn to score going towards the rim. Nobody can stop him.. either he will score or get fouled. But he has to do it.

I agree Diesel. I scream that in every game chat we have.

Man i would kill to be 6'8-6'9 with smoove's jumping ability. I would want to be so dominate.

i would be able to dribble better though..lol

THIS is exactly what I've been talking about, when I say that he should play like Shawn Kemp and not like Rasheed Wallace or Rashard Lewis. Now THAT was a Shawn Kemp-esque type play and dunk. Fug all of those weak finger rolls going to the hoop. Go hard and DUNK ON SOMEBODY, OR MAKE THEM FOUL YOU!! He could do that at least 3 - 4 times a game, and either make the dunk or draw the foul . . . or both.

With Smith playing the 4, he has a decisive quickness advantage going to the hole over most other 4's. If he's going to the hole like that, most people aren't going to stand in his way, for fear of being poserized . . . just like how they get out of LeBron's way when he goes hard to the hole.

Smith just isn't a smart player and i am starting to wonder if he will ever wise up. He used to posterize guys all the time when he was a rookie. Now he hardly ever does.

This is his 5th year and by now he should realize that

-he isn't a 3 pt shooter

-he isn't a pg

-he should be looking to dunk inside

He has so much talent and so much heart but he has no clue on the offensive end.

• Moderators
Smith just isn't a smart player and i am starting to wonder if he will ever wise up. He used to posterize guys all the time when he was a rookie. Now he hardly ever does.

This is his 5th year and by now he should realize that

-he isn't a 3 pt shooter

-he isn't a pg

-he should be looking to dunk inside

He has so much talent and so much heart but he has no clue on the offensive end.

Is it likely though that Smoove, Horford, Marvin, Acie are all just slow learning, bad offensive players? Or is there something else at work here.

How hard is it to hit a wide open shot from the low block? Not very. consider Smoove can jump higher than almost anyone in the league. that's basically what he could be shooting there. Get on the block. Jump straight up and bank it. Who's going to stop that?

• Premium Member
THIS is exactly what I've been talking about, when I say that he should play like Shawn Kemp and not like Rasheed Wallace or Rashard Lewis. Now THAT was a Shawn Kemp-esque type play and dunk. Fug all of those weak finger rolls going to the hoop. Go hard and DUNK ON SOMEBODY, OR MAKE THEM FOUL YOU!! He could do that at least 3 - 4 times a game, and either make the dunk or draw the foul . . . or both.

With Smith playing the 4, he has a decisive quickness advantage going to the hole over most other 4's. If he's going to the hole like that, most people aren't going to stand in his way, for fear of being poserized . . . just like how they get out of LeBron's way when he goes hard to the hole.

The way I understand it, Smoove wants to prove that he's "more than a dunker". I think he needs to get over that... He could be one of the most dominate players in the game... and prolly in history if he would relinquish this idea that it's bad to be known as a dunker. He brought the city pride when he won the slam dunk contest wearing Nique's jersey. It's not a bad thing to be a dunker and win... I would rather see him taking the ball strong than I would seeing him throwing up those three pointers or finger rolls. I think in his youth, his ego has tricked him into being less than what he can be.

The word for today is DOMINANT, not dominate. :computer8:

Correct - "Josh can be such a dominant player."

Incorrect - "Josh can be such a dominate player."

Sorry but I see this all the time and it drives me crazy! Sure it's a short drive, but not a fun one either way.

The word for today is DOMINANT, not dominate. :computer8:

Correct - "Josh can be such a dominant player."

Incorrect - "Josh can be such a dominate player."

Sorry but I see this all the time and it drives me crazy! Sure it's a short drive, but not a fun one either way.

Don't be rediculous.

Yeah i see that so much that i don't hardly notice it any more. Walter loves that word. "How can we win without a 2 way dominate center?".

I have to disagree my man...anytime some goes up to defend a shot and gets dunked on...he gets dunked on.....Perkins got dunked ON!!

Nah he got crammed on. Smith cuffed it and everything. Perkins was going for the block. Any time you get AND-One'd on a dunk you can pretty much guarantee it's a dunk-on.

Illy.

Squawk community - how long 'til we get a .gif of this?

Edited by jhay610