• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A Proposal...

Diesel

• Premium Member

:write a letter:

Right now...

Our Hawks are one of the best teams in the East. We're actually 21-10 for the first time in ... It's been a long time. Yet... as I read Hawksquawk, I see lots and lots of negativity.. I see good posters saying that "I don't post as Much because of the negativity here". You know what that leads to.... POSITIVITY DAY Part II.

Not just positivity day... But I say let's make it a REUNION. The Hawksquawk Reunion.

Here's my thing, if the mods are for it, I say that we make this big. We invite all Hawks fans to join us on Hawksquawk and be a part of the Positive Day Reunion and let's get behind our Hawks. I mean, I want to see this day have as much traffic as humanly possible on the day... AND Every Squawker be Positive about the Hawks: Organization, Coaching, Players, and Fans.

So here's the particulars:

Jan 9th, 2009

Hawks Positive Day and Reunion on Hawksquawk

Agenda...

If Possible, Mods, we would like scheduled Chats.

One at 10 AM, 12 PM, 2 PM, 4 PM, 6 PM, and after the game.... I think Squawkers can come up with topics.

That day, we will be hosting the Orlando Magic.

To make it even more fun.... I have a list of people we certainly have to invite to the Squawk:

Bruce Levenson.

Josh Childress.

Sekou - Hawks Beat Reporter.

J. Walker - Hawks real Beat reporter from the past.

Sturt - Founder of Hawksquawk

Now I see 5 special guest and 5 schedule chats. Morpheus would call that destiny. It would be really nice if the mods could invite each special guess to host one of the chat times during the day and they could talk about whatever they wanted to chat about on our state of the art chat room!! Hell, I might even figure out how to get my league pass broadband working and be a part of the in-game chat.

So far, this is just a proposal. However, the point is to get behind our Hawks. Maybe Sekou could even do a feel good piece about fans getting behind the Hawks online.

What do you guys think?

Positive day and Reunion on Hawksquawk: Jan 9, 2009.

• Premium Member
Is there a game that day? I'm too lazy to look

It would be an even better idea...if we could finish the day, with a Hawks game. Then we can test the positivity. And put it to even greater use.

Good idea, nonetheless.

That day, we will be hosting the Orlando Magic.

• Premium Member
2 thumbs up

we can bring in people from RealGM, ESPN.com's Hawks stories by posting a link in a comment, the AJC by doing the same thing.

Positive Day is something we should do every year.

Well, what about the special guest and the Marketing.

Can we:

1. Invite Levenson, CHillz, Sekou, Walker, and Sturt.

2. Start Marketing. As you come onto HS, you get a Big Flyer about Positivity day... AND members get a e-message reminder (after you have confirmed the chats)?

3. Get Confirmation from Sekou about a fluff story on Hawks fans on-line.

Well, what about the special guest and the Marketing.

Can we:

1. Invite Levenson, CHillz, Sekou, Walker, and Sturt.

2. Start Marketing. As you come onto HS, you get a Big Flyer about Positivity day... AND members get a e-message reminder (after you have confirmed the chats)?

3. Get Confirmation from Sekou about a fluff story on Hawks fans on-line.

I think it would be a great idea to invite those guys. Why not see if you can get Hollinger on here as well!

The flyer idea sounds pretty good, kind of like an intro page that you'd see on Hawks.com right?

It's time that you stop pretending that you're not Sekou, so come out of the closet and go ahead and do the fluff piece. ;)

• Premium Member

In order to make this happen, We need some squawkers who may have some contact with any of the guys mentioned to volunteer to send an invite to the guys who we want to be on the chat?

1. Bruce Levenson

2. Josh Childress

3. Sekou*

4. Jay Walker

5. Sturt.

If you feel comfortable contacting those people either by email or some other means (according to your familiarity) please contact Dolfan (beforehand) via private message. If you are one of these people, contact dolfan32 via private message (your anonymity will be kept).

For the one who will be contacting Sekou, make sure that you mention the possibility of a fluff story on internet fans. We may be able to set him, Chillzatl, and Sturt up together and the history of Hawksquawk can be shared. When you think about it, it's a great story.

• Premium Member

I'm honored to be asked and happy to oblige, though I really just count myself as another Joe Lunchbox around here these days. It occurs to me that another person who might be talked into participating sometime during his day is Arthur Triche. It was through Mr. Triche's kindness that, I believe, the site gained true and permanent credibility when he worked with me to bring then-GM Pete Babcock to the forum on a couple of occasions for Q&A. Heck, if Mr. Triche has Mr. Babcock's contact info, wouldn't it be a hoot to have a former GM log on and talk about the Hawks since his departure? That may be a very long shot, especially with such short notice, but it wouldn't hurt to explore it if someone has the time. Unfortunately, I don't--I'm doing some major job-related things this week, and actually for the next six or so.

Kudos to Diesel... the man is always thinking "what-if," and I think that's a reason why we've always gotten along through the years, even when we didn't agree about whatever.

In order to make this happen, We need some squawkers who may have some contact with any of the guys mentioned to volunteer to send an invite to the guys who we want to be on the chat?

1. Bruce Levenson

2. Josh Childress

3. Sekou*

4. Jay Walker

5. Sturt.

If you feel comfortable contacting those people either by email or some other means (according to your familiarity) please contact Dolfan (beforehand) via private message. If you are one of these people, contact dolfan32 via private message (your anonymity will be kept).

For the one who will be contacting Sekou, make sure that you mention the possibility of a fluff story on internet fans. We may be able to set him, Chillzatl, and Sturt up together and the history of Hawksquawk can be shared. When you think about it, it's a great story.

I C