• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Acie needs to pattern his game like Devin Harris

GameTime

Acie has to play to develop his game. He is not getting playing time. How is he supposed to develop his IN GAME skills. I mean he shoot around and practice all day but he is not getting game time experience.

• Premium Member

First things first. He needs to play. You can't develop the confidence to do the Devin Harris thing unless you play. Woody ignoring Acie has all but said that we're putting our hopes and future on Bibby. So in the off season, resigning Bibs has to be one of our priorities.

It's risky.

It certainly wouldn't hurt, but I think you have to be realistic.

Harris is a more athletic and skilled player than Law. Harris is lightning-quick with the ball in his hands, something that few human beings can top.

Agreed - I think the quickness/athleticism/(oddly) shooting is why Woody seems to prefer Flipper over Acie. I don't know if that's right or not - but Woody may see Flip as a reclamation project (and could be right). Of course Flip isn't as quick as Harris nor has he the handles - but he isn't bad. With JJ and Bibby pretty well set as the starters, I think Woody likes a quicker guy off the bench.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Agreed - I think the quickness/athleticism/(oddly) shooting is why Woody seems to prefer Flipper over Acie. I don't know if that's right or not - but Woody may see Flip as a reclamation project (and could be right). Of course Flip isn't as quick as Harris nor has he the handles - but he isn't bad. With JJ and Bibby pretty well set as the starters, I think Woody likes a quicker guy off the bench.

Acie is quicker than Flip

He would have to get more size for that to happen.

he's not that far off. he's 6'3 and a half and he's bulked up some since his rookie year. He's listed at 202 I think now. Actually Billups is listed at 6'3 202 also.

Edited by Cwell

i guess your right. i dont see no simularities. JT can just flat out score. i still dont know acie can do.

JT's problem when he was here was that he wasn't a true PG,Acie is. That's the main reason why there is no comparison.

• Admin
i guess your right. i dont see no simularities. JT can just flat out score. i still dont know acie can do.

Yes, JT is a sg. We need a pg. I have seen signs from Law but I don't know if he is ever going to develop into a reliable player. If Woody would play him more it would help his confidence while allowing Flip to play sg instead. That would mean more rest for Joe.