• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Scarey Win

capstone21

• Admin

We almost lost that one but its a win

Good games from our three prong attack Smith, JJ and Bibby.

We really missed Horford and Marvin. They really killed us on the boards. Especially on the offensive boards (It didn't help that Zaza and Solo got into early foul trouble).

We are taking too many 3 pointers

Good game from Smith I will make note of his only one turnover, 13 rebounds and most importantly not taking any 3 pointers. However, he has to make some d@mn free throws. He missed his last 4 late in the game and that was the start of their comeback.

Cheers to Ukic and his 5 tos. That really helped us too.

Still it is a win and I will take it.

• Premium Member
We almost lost that one but its a win

Good games from our three prong attack Smith, JJ and Bibby.

We really missed Horford and Marvin. They really killed us on the boards. Especially on the offensive boards (It didn't help that Zaza and Solo got into early foul trouble).

We are taking too many 3 pointers

Good game from Smith I will make note of his only one turnover, 13 rebounds and most importantly not taking any 3 pointers. However, he has to make some d@mn free throws. He missed his last 4 late in the game and that was the start of their comeback.

Cheers to Ukic and his 5 tos. That really helped us too.

Still it is a win and I will take it.

Scary? Without Marv, Horf (2 starters) we came back from 9 down in the half and beat them. We defend our homecourt. I'll go back to watching Minny cheerleaders now... Nothing like a woman who is used to cold weather!!!

• Admin
Scary? Without Marv, Horf (2 starters) we came back from 9 down in the half and beat them. We defend our homecourt. I'll go back to watching Minny cheerleaders now... Nothing like a woman who is used to cold weather!!!

I say it was scary because we had the lead and gave it up near the end of the 4th but fought back to get it at the end. I consider that scary because we almost lost.

Smoove played an outstanding game today. Take away that stupid 3 point attempt. That pick and roll alley from Bibby was what i would like to see ran at least once a game.

he didnt take a 3 pointer. i dont know what rathmun was looking at.

He did take a series of very long 2 pointers in the second half, which is even worse. He airballed once while standing with both feet on the line.

6 out of his 9 missed shots were jump shots. The shot chart is no longer available, but not many of those were good attempts. I love when he attacks the basket like this, but we could still do without him taking 7 jumpers per game and making one.

I am wondering where the blocks have gone. He looked like he was elevating well enough in that game-he had two straight alley-oop dunks. He was obviously laboring a couple of weeks ago, but he looks fine now even though the defense hasn't come back.

He did take a series of very long 2 pointers in the second half, which is even worse. He airballed once while standing with both feet on the line.

6 out of his 9 missed shots were jump shots. The shot chart is no longer available, but not many of those were good attempts. I love when he attacks the basket like this, but we could still do without him taking 7 jumpers per game and making one.

I am wondering where the blocks have gone. He looked like he was elevating well enough in that game-he had two straight alley-oop dunks. He was obviously laboring a couple of weeks ago, but he looks fine now even though the defense hasn't come back.

You can find the shot chart for the game at: http://espn.go.com/nba/shotchart?gameId=290119001

I've attached a screen shot of Josh's shot chart to make it easier.

My guess on the blocks is that it's probably going to take a while before he trusts himself to block shots because unlike alley-oop dunks the landings will be more unpredictable with the way that he blocks shots.

post-5-1232467002_thumb.jpg

• Admin
Sorry, but i think the scarey-ist thing is the misspelling of scary!!

Actually it is not a misspelling

Thesaurus Legend: Adj. scarey - provoking fear terror;

Synonyms: chilling, scary, shuddery, shivery

Related Words: alarming - frightening because of an awareness of danger

It is the English spelling (not American Spelling) and being from Canada, that is how I learned how to spell it.

• Premium Member
Actually it is not a misspelling

Thesaurus Legend: Adj. scarey - provoking fear terror;

Synonyms: chilling, scary, shuddery, shivery

Related Words: alarming - frightening because of an awareness of danger

It is the English spelling (not American Spelling) and being from Canada, that is how I learned how to spell it.

I think 'scary' is right. But it's really not a big deal since I've seen it spelled both way often.

I think 'scary' is right. But it's really not a big deal since I've seen it spelled both way often.

Just my personal opinion but I don't think there is a "right" or "wrong" way of spelling words when they are spelled differently in "English" depending on where you are in the world. Just like "color" is the same as "colour" and "offense" is the same as "offence". Also from what I have seen when looking up spelling differences in the past more often than not it's the American spelling that is typically incorrect.

I'm shocked that we won. Did not expect it. Hopefully it will be a big boost to our confidence given we played without two starters.

i think it will be... and on the optimistic side, hopefully this extra playing time for the younger guys will pay off in crunch time. Being this is my first post- i bring a lil' gift...lol. I do alot of collages of my favorite sports teams- here is a simple one i did of josh smith (8 by 10)... this is one of the more simplistic ones- but maybe someone will enjoy it...

EDIT: i'll throw a couple out there (ironically smith isnt even my favorite hawk- but i had these two on this particular computer)

joshsmith-8by10.jpg

Josh-Smith-Dunk-Chris-400-altered.jpg