• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

At Last!

d2v16DKG

Don't want to take anything from anybody but come on. U have to be a sucky player to turn the ball over when u never drive or barely step foot inside the 3 point line period.

I think Bibby's good A/T ratio has more to do with his BBIQ. He's crafty and can read the defense better than any PG we've had in years. Also he is trusting the rest of the team more (not just feeding JJ).

I think that they are essentially the same team that won nearly 50 games (or maybe more?) a couple of seasons ago except Bargnani is much more productive and they've occasionally got O'Neal. Parker and Moon aren't going to be All-Stars but they both put up pretty good numbers. Of course I'd take our talent over theirs but it's not a huge difference. I don't think anyone considered that TJ Ford was so important to them because even with his impressive stats Calderon is incapable of getting them consistent wins. I think if you swapped Bibby and Calderon that we'd be worse and the Raptors would be better.

Last time I checked Moon and Parker were having awful seasons, but it might just be the Raptors fans overreacting. They seem to hate them.

• Premium Member
Isn't he paid to lead the team and help us win ballgames? Isn't he paid to make our other players better? Isn't he paid to bring a veteran leadership and playoff experience to us? I think the answer to all 3 of those questions are an absolute yes, but I could be wrong I suppose.

Hey what is Jose Calderon paid to do? By your argument I'm assuming it's to get assists and he's pretty damn good at that but his team is 10.5 games behind the Hawks in the standings so I'm guessing that Bibby is doing something right.

You just described Joe Johnson. Hawks don't need another Joe. I think we have a different view of what a NBA point guard should be. I want my PG to venture below the 3-pt line so he can drive and create easy points. I want my guy putting his teammate's success first. I want my guy controlling the flow of the game when he's on the floor. You think this describes Bibbs game? Bibbs is a good player but a TRUE PG he is NOT!

Edited by NineOhTheRino

You just described Joe Johnson. Hawks don't need another Joe. I think we have a different view of what a NBA point guard should be. I want my PG to venture below the 3-pt line so he can drive and create easy points. I want my guy putting his teammate's success first. I want my guy controlling the flow of the game when he's on the floor. You think this describes Bibbs game? Bibbs is a good player but a TRUE PG he is NOT!

I never said he was a true PG and now you're arguing a different point. First you said he's not doing what he's paid to do which I completely disagreed with. Now you're saying it's because he's not a true PG. The truth is that we only have 2 TRUE positional players in our starting lineup and that's Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams. Horford isn't a true center and Smith isn't a true PF. Does that mean they aren't doing what they're paid to do as well? Part of what makes our team successful is that our guys are capable of playing outside the mold of their position and that includes Bibby. I'm not confident that a traditional PG would make us a better team either. Truthfully my only complaint about Bibby is that he's not a lock down defender at the point like I'd want us to have and like what we used to have in Mookie, but then again Mookie wasn't a TRUE PG either but I sure loved having him as our PG.

...And the Acie Law lover's strike again! Cwell, Acie could very well be a good PG for us in the future but Bibby is that guy RIGHT NOW. I think we are in win now mode and we should be. Acie will continue to learn and develop while we continue to win with Bibby as the lead guard. Acie has the tools to be a good PG and he can only benefit by learning behind a guy like Bibs. But there is NO WAY a fan of this team can find fault with Bibby's play as of late. He's won these last few games for us with either his offense, defense, or making his teammates better. The guy is clearly exceeding expectations and he seems to be getting better as the season progresses.

I was talking about Bibby's game and I said I wasn't trying to take anything away from him yet u dig deep to find a reason to bring up Acie. Who is talking about Acie? but u? funny how I can't say anything about Bibby without Acie being brought up. Who's the real Acie lover? It's even funnier when in the chatroom during the game we would be winning and u would be the one to come out with something like "and we're doing this without Acie" Wow this is funny.

Bibby and Smith have just been killing on the pick and roll. it makes you wonder why they weren't running that play earlier in the season. It is nice to see the Hawks get away from iso Joe all the time.

Right now defenses are still focusing very heavily on JJ. if Bibby and Smith keep going off that will make things a lot easier for JJ.

Bibby and Smith have just been killing on the pick and roll. it makes you wonder why they weren't running that play earlier in the season. It is nice to see the Hawks get away from iso Joe all the time.

Right now defenses are still focusing very heavily on JJ. if Bibby and Smith keep going off that will make things a lot easier for JJ.

Perhaps the reason why we're seeing it now is because we were forced to adapt since Joe has been struggling so much lately. Then again it might not be a coincidence that we're seeing it being used so much now since this is the first time where we've had a healthy Smith and no Horford. I'll be interested to see if we continue to run this once JJ gets his stroke back and/or when Horford gets back. My guess is that we'll slide back into our ISO-Joe and Smith for 3 offense but I'm hopeful that we're (Woody and the players) are learning and growing.

It truly is remarkable how easy scoring has looked for Smith over the past 5-6 games. It almost appears to me that if we were able to get him more shots he'd easily average 30 points while shooting in the 50% neighborhood. If he ever gets to the point where he is the only one capable of stopping himself we could be a very very dangerous team.

I think that they are essentially the same team that won nearly 50 games (or maybe more?) a couple of seasons ago except Bargnani is much more productive and they've occasionally got O'Neal. Parker and Moon aren't going to be All-Stars but they both put up pretty good numbers. Of course I'd take our talent over theirs but it's not a huge difference. I don't think anyone considered that TJ Ford was so important to them because even with his impressive stats Calderon is incapable of getting them consistent wins. I think if you swapped Bibby and Calderon that we'd be worse and the Raptors would be better.

Agreed completely. Calderon is probably the most overrated PG in the NBA just because of his stats. He doesn't drive at all, he never initiates anything and racks up lots of assists off Bosh jumpers and 3pt shooters in the corner. He's a pretty good shooter though. TJ Ford was so much better it's ridiculous. Calderon also sucks at defense and he's not a leader.

• Premium Member
I was talking about Bibby's game and I said I wasn't trying to take anything away from him yet u dig deep to find a reason to bring up Acie. Who is talking about Acie? but u? funny how I can't say anything about Bibby without Acie being brought up. Who's the real Acie lover? It's even funnier when in the chatroom during the game we would be winning and u would be the one to come out with something like "and we're doing this without Acie" Wow this is funny.

Calm down. I only do that in jest. It did seem lke you were trying to divert the thread about Bibs though. But hey, I could've been wrong. Oh, and I like EVERY player on this team. Heck, I even liked JR Rider until he essentially went AWOL on us. But I don't put a single player above the team. That's why I can't understand how some guys can whine during and after a game about a certain player's minutes when we are winning, no matter who that player is.