• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bibby = Championship?

y2kenta

I just don't know if Bibby's enough to put over the top...He's been great and I would love to see us get Bibby for 3-4 more years, if we can resign him cheap (around $7-9MIL per)....Is that gonna be possible?

Hate me for saying it and I know we're been through this 100s of times, but Bibby -for- Iverson just keeps blasting out at me as a deal that would do wonders for both teams? Bibby is about 3 years younger but health/durability-wise they're about at the same point in their career with probably 3-4 strong years left, then maybe 1-2 more sub par years of backup PG/passing the torch/mentoring Law (if we keep Law)...Which PG/SG (which they both are) would impact the Hawks more in the next 5 years?

WHY Do It?

ATLANTA would get a deadly scorer that penetrates the paint an has a killer instinct to take over any game....That would free Joe up even more for open looks that could really get him going...Iverson demands so much attention that guys like Smoove, Marvin, Evans could slash/cut for easy baskets....Bibby has shown us that all we need is a PG that scores making Hawks' opponents respect when they play us....Imagine what affect Iverson would bring us with his ability to shoot and penetrate at will....His aggressive style would keep us more uptempo than we are with Bibby....He also would fill the seats at Phillips and lead us to the Finals for years to come...

DETROIT would get an elite shooting PG (like Billups) that can knock down the 3 and hit Rip on his curls/cuts which is what DETORIT offense was built upon over the last 3-4 years....Bibby is a great passer that would Rip would love to play with....Detroit is in grave danger of being in the bottom 2-3 in the East, with a probable round 1 exit....

SO BASICALLY, I prefer Bibby to stay for cheaper, but I would not turn down an Iverson-Bibby deal ...

• Moderators
I just don't know if Bibby's enough to put over the top...He's been great and I would love to see us get Bibby for 3-4 more years, if we can resign him cheap (around $7-9MIL per)....Is that gonna be possible?

Hate me for saying it and I know we're been through this 100s of times, but Bibby -for- Iverson just keeps blasting out at me as a deal that would do wonders for both teams? Bibby is about 3 years younger but health/durability-wise they're about at the same point in their career with probably 3-4 strong years left, then maybe 1-2 more sub par years of backup PG/passing the torch/mentoring Law (if we keep Law)...Which PG/SG (which they both are) would impact the Hawks more in the next 5 years?

WHY Do It?

ATLANTA would get a deadly scorer that penetrates the paint an has a killer instinct to take over any game....That would free Joe up even more for open looks that could really get him going...Iverson demands so much attention that guys like Smoove, Marvin, Evans could slash/cut for easy baskets....Bibby has shown us that all we need is a PG that scores making Hawks' opponents respect when they play us....Imagine what affect Iverson would bring us with his ability to shoot and penetrate at will....His aggressive style would keep us more uptempo than we are with Bibby....He also would fill the seats at Phillips and lead us to the Finals for years to come...

DETROIT would get an elite shooting PG (like Billups) that can knock down the 3 and hit Rip on his curls/cuts which is what DETORIT offense was built upon over the last 3-4 years....Bibby is a great passer that would Rip would love to play with....Detroit is in grave danger of being in the bottom 2-3 in the East, with a probable round 1 exit....

SO BASICALLY, I prefer Bibby to stay for cheaper, but I would not turn down an Iverson-Bibby deal ...

I seriously doubt our offense functions as well with Iverson as it does with Bibby. One key premise that you make that I disagree with is that having Iverson would open the paint for slash/cuts by guys like Marvin, Smoove, Evans, etc. I think that Iverson dribbles around so much in the interior that guys need to clear out of those areas to a big extent for him to really be effective. I also really doubt that Bibby takes more $$ to sign than Iverson. For those reasons, I have no interest in this.

• Moderators

I think the only starters that we will consider trading are Marvin and Horford. I seriously doubt Horford is going anywhere because he is a huge bargain (which our owners like). Marvin will get paid decent money this offseason so they might entertain trading him if we are offered something really good.

The only way Bibby goes anywhere is if we get a two for one with one of the two being a starting PG.

I think the only starters that we will consider trading are Marvin and Horford. I seriously doubt Horford is going anywhere because he is a huge bargain (which our owners like). Marvin will get paid decent money this offseason so they might entertain trading him if we are offered something really good.

The only way Bibby goes anywhere is if we get a two for one with one of the two being a starting PG.

Yeah, I said over the summer that Al's value was probably as high as it'd ever be and people got pissed about it and continued comparing him to stars.

The problem with trading Al is that it would have to be for a C and the only Cs for sale probably aren't better than Al.