• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another poor shooting night for JJ

Wurider05

I'm not surprised in the least that JJ struggled. The guy plays 40+ minutes practically every night, even during blowout games. Last night he played 45 minutes after playing 43 minutes the night before. And the "rest" he does get is a minute off here, a minute off there. I fully expect to see JJ struggle on the backend of a back to back for the rest of the season. And its 100% because of his coach.

• Moderators
I'm not surprised in the least that JJ struggled. The guy plays 40+ minutes practically every night, even during blowout games. Last night he played 45 minutes after playing 43 minutes the night before. And the "rest" he does get is a minute off here, a minute off there. I fully expect to see JJ struggle on the backend of a back to back for the rest of the season. And its 100% because of his coach.

The best part is that it was just about 4 days ago that Woodson publically acknowledged that JJ needs more rest. Flip has been playing some of his best ball of the year lately. Yet we still see JJ playing 88 minutes in back to back games.

:beathorse:

The best part is that it was just about 4 days ago that Woodson publically acknowledged that JJ needs more rest. Flip has been playing some of his best ball of the year lately. Yet we still see JJ playing 88 minutes in back to back games.

I am sure Woodson knows what he is doing . . .

It is absolutely ridiculous. What makes me even more frustrated is that when he does rest JJ, he usually puts a group of say Acie, Flip, Mo, Solo and Zaza on the floor together and then, when they aren't successful, he justifies putting JJ back in because they can't hold the lead.

It seems to be common sense to me that you would want as many starters in the game as possible when JJ sits down and as many starters in the lineup as possible when Acie or Solo come in but Woody doesn't seem to EVER play it that way.

• Moderators
It is absolutely ridiculous. What makes me even more frustrated is that when he does rest JJ, he usually puts a group of say Acie, Flip, Mo, Solo and Zaza on the floor together and then, when they aren't successful, he justifies putting JJ back in because they can't hold the lead.

It seems to be common sense to me that you would want as many starters in the game as possible when JJ sits down and as many starters in the lineup as possible when Acie or Solo come in but Woody doesn't seem to EVER play it that way.

Why would Bibby, Flip, Marvin, Smoove and Horford; Bibby, Mo, Marvin, Smoove and Horford; or Acie, Flip, Marvin, Smoove, and Horford ever be as good as Acie, Flip, Mo, Solo and Zaza? You act like we have a #2 pick, #3 pick and big $$ contract guy in our front court or something.

If Woodson ever figures out a lineup of *Acie, West, Mo, Hunter, and Solo*, JJ will never leave the court.

Edited by AHF

Why would Bibby, Flip, Marvin, Smoove and Horford; Bibby, Mo, Marvin, Smoove and Horford; or Acie, Flip, Marvin, Smoove, and Horford ever be as good as Acie, Flip, Mo, Solo and Zaza? You act like we have a #2 pick, #3 pick and big $$ contract guy in our front court or something.

If Woodson ever figures out a lineup of *Acie, West, Mo, Hunter, and Solo*, JJ will never leave the court.

The reason those lin-ups won't work is because most of them include Acie.

Woodyology is fun.