• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Get ready for the wins to come

RedDawg#8

We dreaded this road trip all season long, but now its finally behind us. As we look ahead we still have tough games remaining but we have alot of winnable ones as well.

with the 7 game homestand on the horizon after the next few, be prepared for wins to come in bunches. before you know it, we will have forgotten this little trip.

Go Hawks!!!!

We dreaded this road trip all season long, but now its finally behind us. As we look ahead we still have tough games remaining but we have alot of winnable ones as well.

with the 7 game homestand on the horizon after the next few, be prepared for wins to come in bunches. before you know it, we will have forgotten this little trip.

Go Hawks!!!!

Who cares?

99% of the board probably and only reason it's not 100% it's because of you.

The season is done over. This team can only beat inferior teams because this teams only consistent strength is athletic ability. They're drifting closer to .500 by the game. They'll probably continue beating Washington and Chicago for the rest of the season. But long term this teams potential is very small. It's a team based on athletic ability and not fundamentals or commitment.

Probably everybody else that posts here, which brings me to another question: If you don't care why are you posting here and still watching the hawks?

The whole point of being a fan is caring about your team.

I haven't watched a full game since the NJ failure. Only some since then. I'm not going to put up with this from these players or ownership anymore. There are only a couple of more franchises in sports that can be more of a pain in the *ss than this one. These guys got alot to straighten out. This franchise is not dedicated to winning. If they were they would have fired Woody who is CLEARLY one of the worst coaches in the league.

You guys might hate my guts, but I got nothing against most of you. The fans deserve better than what the franchise is giving. Until this team starts showing the desire to win I'm not going to stop treating them like dirt.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I haven't watched a full game since the NJ failure. Only some since then. I'm not going to put up with this from these players or ownership anymore. There are only a couple of more franchises in sports that can be more of a pain in the *ss than this one. These guys got alot to straighten out. This franchise is not dedicated to winning. If they were they would have fired Woody who is CLEARLY one of the worst coaches in the league.

You guys might hate my guts, but I got nothing against most of you. The fans deserve better than what the franchise is giving. Until this team starts showing the desire to win I'm not going to stop treating them like dirt.

Hey, I get where you're at. Try cheering for the Nashville Predators. :sad:

• Premium Member

The OP is spot on with his prediction. People here have REALLY short memories, so a winning streak will quickly get rid of any hard feelings. We may mot finish with a 50 win season, but we WILL have homecourt advantage through the first round of the Playoffs. That's great considering we won 37 and barely scraped into the Playoffs last season. I call that progress by ANY definition. As for Hots, stop feeding him and fanning him! :beathorse:

The OP is spot on with his prediction. People here have REALLY short memories, so a winning streak will quickly get rid of any hard feelings. We may mot finish with a 50 win season, but we WILL have homecourt advantage through the first round of the Playoffs. That's great considering we won 37 and barely scraped into the Playoffs last season. I call that progress by ANY definition. As for Hots, stop feeding him and fanning him! :beathorse:

The last two month have proven this is a bad team that hasn't hardly progressed at all. They still get owned by the good teams just as they did last year. That's no progress. But I guess you like having an orgy after the team beats Washington and Chicago. Big deal. Everybody beats them. No matter how much evidence stares you in the face, you refuse to accept this team for what it is. A mediocre/bad basketball team that gets blown out when they play quality teams.

SOME appear to be catching up to it all.

If we squeak out a few wins against Washington and Charlotte at home we will be alright! Yes!

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Rugged road for Hawks

But safe at home: After some tough losses out West, 13 of next 17 games at Philips.

By Sekou Smith

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Friday, February 27, 2009

If Joe Johnson didn’t know better, he might let the negativity get to him.

The Hawks captain and All-Star has heard the talk about the team’s recent play. The Hawks are coming off a 1-4 Western Conference trip that ended with a crushing 110-109 loss in Denver on Wednesday.

They left town Feb. 11 in fourth place in the Eastern Conference and a robust 10 games above .500. They’ll play tonight at Philips Arena against Southeast Division rival Miami, still in fourth place but only seven games over .500 and just ahead of the fifth-place Heat.

With 13 of their next 17 games at home, however, the Hawks remain in a prime position to solidify their playoff standing before the final month of the season.

Johnson said “I’d feel pretty good” if someone had told him five months ago the Hawks would be 32-25 this late in the season. “We haven’t played great basketball on the road, but here at home we’ve been pretty good. And to have most of the month of March here at home, it’s going to be big for us.”

The Hawks are 19-6 at home, the fourth-best home record in the conference behind Cleveland, Boston and Orlando, the three teams ahead of them in the standings.

“This is the home stretch,” Hawks coach Mike Woodson said. “Starting with Miami and Cleveland [sunday], there’s no doubt about it. This is what you build for on the schedule. We took care of business early, and being seven games over .500 now puts us in a great position.

“We’re on schedule. We have a chance to finish the month with a 6-5 record with eight games on the road, and we played .500 basketball on the road. You do that and win your fair share of games at home and you’re playing at a high level.”

There’s no debating the Hawks’ accomplishments overall. Still, their inconsistency since a 21-10 start remains one of the most alarming issues.

On this most recent trip, they were routed by the Los Angeles Lakers, won in Sacramento and then fell apart late in losses to Portland and Utah. They staged a huge rally without two starters, Mike Bibby (flu) and Josh Smith (personal matter), and lost at the buzzer to Denver.

“It was a tough trip for us,” Marvin Williams said. “We played so many good teams. Guys played hard and fought hard. We’re excited to be back home, though. We’re in pretty good shape. … We’ve played well at home this season, and we’ve protected our home court. So it’s a chance for us to make some moves.”

NEXT FOR HAWKS

> Who: vs. Heat

> When: 7:30 p.m. today

> TV; radio: SPSO; 790 AM