• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks GM Sund: Is he a lazy GM collecting a paycheck or shrewd?

HAWKS1986

• Premium Member
Sund has been very clear about his reasons for not making moves from the beginning...

Don't be fooled.

Sund was brought in because he would maintain the status quo. He's not going to make a blockbuster move and he's not going to change the personnell by much.

I heard a reply from an interview he did on 790 earlier in the week. He said some interested things:

1. Said the he told Marvin he couldn't play for him unless he develops a 3 point shot.

2. He likes Flip and that you have to accept that fact that he does some stupid things on the court (his exact words)

3. He likes Acie Law and that he thinks that he plays well and that signing Flip kind of set him back a little.

4. Main goal for the season was to the make the playoffs with a winning record.

5. If we would have had a draft pick last year he would have traded it for a veteran and may do that this year unless they get someone really special.

6. People put way too much emphasis on were a player was drafted instead of looking at the situation/environment that the player was brought into.

Came across as a normal guy and made alot of sense in what he was saying.

I heard a reply from an interview he did on 790 earlier in the week. He said some interested things:

1. Said the he told Marvin he couldn't play for him unless he develops a 3 point shot.

2. He likes Flip and that you have to accept that fact that he does some stupid things on the court (his exact words)

3. He likes Acie Law and that he thinks that he plays well and that signing Flip kind of set him back a little.

5. If we would have had a draft pick last year he would have traded it for a veteran and may do that this year unless they get someone really special.

6. People put way too much emphasis on were a player was drafted instead of looking at the situation/environment that the player was brought into.

Interesting stuff, thanks for posting that! I think that I agree with every point that he made there.

when Sund came by during blog night, he basically gave us that exact same rundown. That must be his go to speech. I also got the impression he is not a fan of Childress and will not overpay for Bibby next year.

point blank when asked about Woody, he said I am still evaluating. I read my own desires into ambiguity. You can feel free to do so as well.

I didn't a chance to listen to that 790 interview, but I wholeheartedly agree with Marvin being able to develop a three point shot. It was non-existent for the first three years of his NBA career...and had to be virtually threatened to shoot three-pointers to survive.. right now he averages 2 attempts a game...

I didn't a chance to listen to that 790 interview, but I wholeheartedly agree with Marvin being able to develop a three point shot. It was non-existent for the first three years of his NBA career...and had to be virtually threatened to shoot three-pointers to survive.. right now he averages 2 attempts a game...

I'd like to see him give a similar ultimatum to Smith (not shooting 3s) although it might not be as effective since Smith isn't a fa. Still it is worth a shot.