• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Claxton in uniform tonight per Sekou

frosgrim

Am I the only one who read this piece as a mere suggestion by Sekou? Doesn't seem like a certain thing to me...

Speedy brings very little to the table. He can keep sitting. I get a kick out of the suede and crushed velvet blazers he wears occasionally.

scroll down and you'll see Sekou came back to say that some inside source told him that Speedy might dress up today.

This is a good idea for a number of reasons. If Speedy can be the defensive pest he is known to be, he could be very useful if we should get into a series with Boston or Miami.

We also may need to showcase him a little bit in order to set up a future trade.

The only downside is that it probably dries up the insurance payments! Maybe the insurance payments stopped when he announced he was healthy in the paper. But I don't give a crap about that. If he can ball, we need him.

I think it's a bad idea for a number of reasons. He's not a defensive pest. That is a total fantasy. Dude played half a year for the Spurs and everyone thought he was good or something. Notice they quickly replaced him and didn't miss a beat. Seriously, people have overvalued this guy as a defensive player for far too long. Hell, he's not even a player anymore. Most any pg could blow by him or shoot or pass over him and he is without a doubt a liability on the offensive end. He would in no way be a use to the Hawks or any team with a desire to win. Dude is straight over, and he wasn't much to begin with. Again, if his name was John Claxton, he would have been out of the league as soon as he got in it. He should have been playin in Turkey for the last 8 years or so.

Who exactly would trade for him now? If anyone wants him, it's for a falling contract. All he needs is a pulse, not a showcase.

Spurs lost David Robinson and didn't miss a beat. That's not really a knock on Speedy. He definitely was a "defensive pest." Even with Atlanta. Solid player that could never stay healthy. I wouldn't expect anything out of him now, though.

Spurs lost David Robinson and didn't miss a beat. That's not really a knock on Speedy. He definitely was a "defensive pest." Even with Atlanta. Solid player that could never stay healthy. I wouldn't expect anything out of him now, though.

HE was replaced by Tim Duncan. Speedy wasn't. It's a knock that Jacque Vaughn could do his job better. How could anyone be a "pest" when they were barely in the league? In the past, people had to earn a title like "pest" by playing that way for a very long time. At best, he held his own in spot duty for a team full of champions. My guess is Craig wasn't ever the focus of any team.

He was actually replaced by Rasho Nesterovic, but doesn't really matter. And you must take pest as meaning some DPOY type defender. Pest is like Lindsey Hunter to me. And most players aren't the focus of teams so don't see the big deal there. I don't think anyone has called Speedy an All Star.

• Premium Member

Speedy is a good player. The guy have been something special if not for the bad knees.

When Robinson retired he was a shell of his former self too:

http://www.nba.com/history/players/robinson_stats.html

Not to mention some 7 footer named Tim Duncan was there to pick up the slack.

When Robinson was a decent player they were starting Avery Jonhson and Ellie in the backcourt.

When Robinson retired, Tony Parker came into his own and Ginobli was drafted.

USE THIS MAN.

Plus he has another year left on the contract. If he is healthy and can play we need to let Bibby go and run Law and Speedy.

Hell Yeah play Speedy he owes for games lost..lol.

damn you must really hate Bibby lol Speedy could help out on D tho so i dont mind plus Acie is out so yea it makes sense for now