• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The TNT Crew Had All Negative for Hawks/Fantastic!

Highpozt2

That's just how the TNT crew is, there's nothing wrong with it. They always talk about the flaws in a team. Even when PHX was dominating they always talked about how they didn't play defense and they'd eventually lose. What they said was accurate IMO.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know we run Iso all dam day but the point is how can you point out one on one basketball when we are up 20. Obviously what we were doing was working. How can you knock what we were doing to be up 20. They made no sense when talking about us.

Talking about Smoove jumpers. Why did they even bring it up. We were 20 and Smoove had 17 at the half.

And its not like he was shooting alot of jumpers this game either,he was attacking the basket.And then Kenny,wtf was he talking about.

I actually like the TNT crew. Our fanbase is always defensive when someone says something negative about the team.

I actually like the TNT crew. Our fanbase is always defensive when someone says something negative about the team.

Its not negative. Its that they are saying stuff people already know and plus we were up 20. They shouldve been talking down on Miami defense since it looked like they couldnt stop our ISO.

• Moderators

Joe Johnson isn't sitting out the French Riviera eating live shrimp and playing NBA 2K9 with a man easily confused for his "Dad." That's why when the Heat are down 20 at halftime against a supposedly equal seed, talk turns to the Hawks' "deficiencies."

8 Turnovers, 38 % shooting and Sir Charles' biggest gripe about DWade remains that his mama calls him "Pookie." Both he and Kenny the Jet may have to make some tough decisions about who's on their "Fave 5" once this series concludes.

Memo to the TNT crew: You are THREE TRAFFIC LIGHTS from Philips Arena. Come on in and watch "the game" (I hear we have seats occasionally), then go back up the street and critique "the game," not somebody's season.

~lw3

Kenny can't even give Smoove props, he's talking about how much better Nique's in-game dunks were.

Three. traffic. lights. away.

~lw3

I can't believe I would rather listen to espn commentary over tnt regarding the hawks. Kenny is just giving our players no love whatsoever. Joe outplayed wade and there is not mention of it.

Kenny can't even give Smoove props, he's talking about how much better Nique's in-game dunks were.

~lw3

Yeah. I'm watching this, too. Josh Smith was throwing up sick dunk after sick dunk and Kenny was only talking about Nique. I think Kenny is jealous of Josh's athleticism or something.

~lw3

This is what I'm talking about. Smith just put on an absolute show in the 1st half and all you hear is "anyone in the NBA can dunk" (or whatever Chuck was blabbing about) and "he needs to get in the gym and work on his shot." Not sure any of them had a positive remark about his half.

I don't get defensive and I don't really care, but it just seems a bit lame.

I think they are negative about everyone. Heck, Barkley has ripped Lebron and Kobe, so they do it to everyone. The did it to last years Celtics and lakers too.

And you know what? That is what I like about them. They are a bit hypocritical at times (they never talk badly about anyone who does ads with them), but I prefer the negativity in general.

Much better than the ESPN halftime show, where they try so hard to promote the game that it's like every game, every player is the best of all time.

who cares what those idiots say anyway. charles was probably drunk and kenny was probably still in amazement of the crap analysis that he gave during march madness. WE ALL SAW WHAT HAPPENED Down at Phillips tonight and thats all that matters. I DONT CARE WHAT WE RAN ALL NIGHT, KEEP RUNNING IT, WE BEAT DWADE AND THE HEAT BY 26 TONIGHT AND HELD THEM TO 64 POINTS, WE STRAIGHT UP DOMINATED. CONGRATULATIONS TO WOODY AND EVERYONE ON THE TEAM.

thats how I feel. Woody, Bibby, Marvin, Josh, Joe Johnson and everyone else played really good for us. Let them hate..we will just have to shut them up with our good play..hope we keep it up

So you guys are saying that we dont run mostly iso?

All you see in the chats is people complaining about Iso Joe. Now that someone in the national media brings it up you get all bent out of shape.

I don't think the issue is that someone in the national media happened to point out one of our issues. I think the problem was that they took that opportunity to spend the entire time talking about it. Its as if they are saying "yeah yeah, they are doing well but they have no chance to go far so why even bother because they have X deficiency."......hell why not just put cleveland and the lakers in the finals to please the TNT guys because the obviously dont feel anyone else has a chance.

every team has deficiencies. why spend all the time you have alotted on the hawks to bash them?

bulletin board material in my opinion. and while we have had that problem, last night we had quite a bit assists...so talk about what we are doing, not what we have done.

Let them talk . . . . . talking heads. We keep winning and it takes care of that.

They can hate all they want...it really doesn't matter. We keep winning and all the negatives will do a complete 180. Before we know it, they'll be talking about the Hawks being a sleeper to win the East! It's just the way it goes.

That's just how the TNT crew is, there's nothing wrong with it. They always talk about the flaws in a team. Even when PHX was dominating they always talked about how they didn't play defense and they'd eventually lose. What they said was accurate IMO.

It is not that I did not expect some criticism but every comment was negative--- but the way the Hawks were playing tonight there had to be one positive comment ---- maybe for the hawks holding the Heat to 64 points --- maybe for Josh Smith scoring ---- maybe for Bibby's assist ---- maybe for balanced scoring - maybe for the big lead etc. etc. etc. ----- and this was all well established by halftime. In fact on the late night Inside the NBA they showed the highlights, interviews and then just skipped any comments at all. Regardless of the criticism the Hawks had a good formula tonight --- I hope they remain intense.

• Premium Member

Does kenny sound a little bitter?: yes

Is there truth is what he's saying?: yes

We have to admit that even though the Hawks played well that emotion was the key to the victory. So what happens when the emotion dies down? I see the team winning this round but struggling in the next because of a lack of a real offensive system. But until then let's all try to have a little fun.

I don't have a problem with it. I don't really see how they were "bashing" the Hawks. They basically only give the best of the best props, so who cares? They didn't give Philly any props, either. And while Kenny can definitely be a hater, nothing he said was incorrect. The Hawks do run too much iso and should share the ball more on offense and Nique was the best in game dunker ever. It's no slight to Smith to say Nique was the best dunker ever. Hell, he would've said if someone said LeBron was better than Nique, too.

Edited by FrankWhite