• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've never been so angry about a win in my life....

Antmillennium

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, even Hotlanta1981 thinks this thread sucks!

I don't live in a fantasy world where this is a good team. This team has proven basically everything I've said about them to be on the money. I hate to be cliche.... But you can't handle the truth. This was a POS game from 2 bad teams and somebody had to win.

To be fair, he actually hates every thread, except the ones he starts following losses.

I hate threads where people live in fantasy land.

Some people figure stuff out WAY after it becomes obvious.

To be fair, he actually hates every thread, except the ones he starts following losses.

Now, here comes the part where the "downturn" of this thread is my fault.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

This was an infuriating game to watch. The players were playing dumb, Woodson was coaching like himself (dumb), the refs were screwing us, Josh Smith thinks he's Reggie Miller, and Joe Johnson is just terrible right now. I'm "relieved" we won, but if we play like that again, we're going to get blown out in game 5. I'm not even going to say that Joe Johnson needs to step up. I think he has demonstrated to us all that he is incapable of stepping up and that this moment is too big for him. Everybody else needs to step up, because Joe is going to score his usual 10-15 points next game, and I don't think we can count on Zaza having a monster game again.

Incapable of stepping up?

We're all disappointed in JJ, but don't say stupid stuff. This guy isnt a 3-time all-star for nothing. Teams aren't doubling him, for nothing.

The fact is that he's just not asserting himself for some reason. Why? I don't know. But it's not because he's incapable of doing it. He just isn't doing it.

He was better tonight, than he was in both games 2 and 3 though. All I want the guy to do, is when he has single coverage on him, he needs to immeadiatly try to score on his man, instead of waiting for the double team. Because when the double comes, he'll end up tossing it to Smoove who is way out of his range.

He needs to play with the same sense of urgency that Wade plays with sometimes. He's just being way too passive.

To move to the next round, he'll either have to step up, or we'll have to continue to play tremendous defense.

He definitely deserves criticism though, for his lackluster play. But incapable of stepping up? It's like some of you have completely forgotten the last 4 years, and last year's playoff game, when he was virtually unstoppable in Game 4.

You think the nba playoffs in the east are going to be pretty? lol This could finish up like one of those old Heat Knicks series. You think playing Clevland will be pretty. We better play smash mouth if we make it to Clevland.

We do tend to be a negative bunch, but I have to agree with the OP.

I'd trade Smith for Joel Anthony at this present moment and wouldn't give JJ a penny in his extension. Thank goodness it's just one game.

Man, if you got that to say about Josh and Joe, I can't wait to hear what you think about Marv and Horf.

We're all disappointed in JJ, but don't say stupid stuff. This guy isnt a 3-time all-star for nothing. Teams aren't doubling him, for nothing.

The fact is that he's just not asserting himself for some reason. Why? I don't know. But it's not because he's incapable of doing it. He just isn't doing it.

He was better tonight, than he was in both games 2 and 3 though. All I want the guy to do, is when he has single coverage on him, he needs to immeadiatly try to score on his man, instead of waiting for the double team. Because when the double comes, he'll end up tossing it to Smoove who is way out of his range.

He needs to play with the same sense of urgency that Wade plays with sometimes. He's just being way too passive.

To move to the next round, he'll either have to step up, or we'll have to continue to play tremendous defense.

He definitely deserves criticism though, for his lackluster play. But incapable of stepping up? It's like some of you have completely forgotten the last 4 years, and last year's playoff game, when he was virtually unstoppable in Game 4.

Isn't not asserting himself just another way to say he isn't stepping up. Joe has been an aberition in this series. He is nowhere to be found. Thank god some other guys are putting this team on their back, because Joe would rather watch than actually contribute.

And I think Josh Smith has down syndrome. Honestly, how can one man jack up so many 3's without realizing he is TERRIBLE at shooting. What is he missing? What is Woody missing to allow him to do something so stupid? Sir Charles said that Smoove played great, what the hell game was he watching?

Overall, great win in South Beach. First time in 12 tries and god knows we were terrible at winning on the road during the season. Still got business to take care of at home. Hopefully Marvin gets back in the lineup and Joe finds himself.

If I didn't think Joe Johnson had the tools to step up, I wouldn't be so disgusted with him. However, being that he does have the tools to step up (we saw it last year vs. the Celtics), it has to be mental. Therefore, mentally, Joe Johnson is incapable of stepping up when he needs to. He doesn't have that fire within him that other superstar players have within them. Therefore, it's not stupid to say that Joe is incapable of stepping up. You can have all of the physical tools in the world, but if you lack the fire, the drive, and the mental toughness to refuse to be denied, you are rendering your physical tools useless and you have, in effect, made yourself incapable of stepping up.

Edited by Antmillennium

Now, here comes the part where the "downturn" of this thread is my fault.

I know people like this guy... They say the same thing twice because they think that it will make them seem more inteligent... Bravo!

If I didn't think Joe Johnson had the tools to step up, I wouldn't be so disgusted with him. However, being that he does have the tools to step up (we saw it last year vs. the Celtics), it has to be mental. Therefore, mentally, Joe Johnson is incapable of stepping up when he needs to. He doesn't have that fire within him that other superstar players have within them. Therefore, it's not stupid to say that Joe is incapable of stepping up. You can have all of the physical tools in the world, but if you lack the fire, the drive, and the mental toughness to refuse to be denied, you are rendering your physical tools useless and you have, in effect, made yourself incapable of stepping up.

I would like to know what current players in the NBA exhibit these characteristics. In the squawkers eyes...

I would like to know what current players in the NBA exhibit these characteristics. In the squawkers eyes...

Lebron, maybe? Duncan of years past?

Kobe failed mentally against the Celts last season (and against the Suns for a couple seasons before that and against the Pistons a couple seasons before that). Wade continually settled last night, pouted when things didn't go his way. KG has always been criticized for not having a killer instinct. Dirk let a red hot Wade steal his thunder when he did make it to the finals.

Lebron, maybe? Duncan of years past?

Kobe failed mentally against the Celts last season (and against the Suns for a couple seasons before that and against the Pistons a couple seasons before that). Wade continually settled last night, pouted when things didn't go his way. KG has always been criticized for not having a killer instinct. Dirk let a red hot Wade steal his thunder when he did make it to the finals.

I agree. Lebron perhaps, Duncan I can see....

My point is there are few. A couple. Wishing JJ is Lebron is like wishing for the one in a lifetime player. A Jordan, Magic, or Wilt. Wanting JJ to exhibit characteristics that only few that have ever strapped on the sneakers is unfair.

I understand that JJ needs to play better for us to succeed. However, the expectations for him are way too HIGH. He's one of the top 2 guards in the game. He puts up numbers similar or better than Paul Pierce. Joe is the most important piece to the puzzle. For all the bashing of Joe that is going on, if he was removed from this team, we would be nowhere!

That's an easy one. Wade has it. Paul Pierce has it. Kobe has it. Chris Paul. Deron Williams. Ben Gordon. Artest. LeBron James. Brandon Roy. Tony Parker. Nate Robinson. Ray Allen. Heck, even Flip Murray has it. Flip's just not as good as those guys. You see, you don't have to be very talented to have that fire within you. You just have to have that fire in your gut first. However, having that "fire in your gut" will only take you so far. Likewise, talent will only take you so far. Having a good combination of both makes great players, and the right combination of talent and "fire in the gut" makes special players. Therefore, you can have differing combined levels of talent and fire. As far as Joe Johnson is concerned, he's not as athletically gifted as other elite players in the league, but, if he had that "fire in his gut" that other players have, he would make up for it because he has good physical size and tremendous basketball skill. I don't think that anyone can truly say that Joe Johnson has been busting his butt and has done everything he can to help his team win in this playoff series. That's a matter of heart and desire more than anything else.

That's an easy one. Wade has it. Paul Pierce has it. Kobe has it. Chris Paul. Deron Williams. Ben Gordon. Artest. LeBron James. Brandon Roy. Tony Parker. Nate Robinson. Ray Allen. Heck, even Flip Murray has it. Flip's just not as good as those guys. You see, you don't have to be very talented to have that fire within you. You just have to have that fire in your gut first. However, having that "fire in your gut" will only take you so far. Likewise, talent will only take you so far. Having a good combination of both makes great players, and the right combination of talent and "fire in the gut" makes special players. Therefore, you can have differing combined levels of talent and fire. As far as Joe Johnson is concerned, he's not as athletically gifted as other elite players in the league, but, if he had that "fire in his gut" that other players have, he would make up for it because he has good physical size and tremendous basketball skill. I don't think that anyone can truly say that Joe Johnson has been busting his butt and has done everything he can to help his team win in this playoff series. That's a matter of heart and desire more than anything else.

Didn't Chris Paul just go 4-6 while his team got a 58 point beatdown at home?

Didn't Chris Paul just go 4-6 while his team got a 58 point beatdown at home?

One game does not define a person. Anybody can have a bad night. Anybody can have a moment where they don't show the fire that they normally have and really disappoint. However, what has history shown us? Anybody can point to one instance of somebody not having a good moment. Heck, I can point to a game where Josh Smith shot well from the 3-point line, but it doesn't mean that he's a good 3-point shooter. You have to look at the track-record of a player to determine what kind of player he is. Dwayne Wade dogged it in Game 1, but he sure came back and kicked our tails the next two games.

Edited by Antmillennium