• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is this Cleveland team better than last year's Celtics?

Wurider05

I mean we took the big three to the limit last season and top bottom I think that they are a better team than the Cavaliers. Why is everyone thinking that these guys can't be beat. I think that they are more vulnerable than the Celtics last season. If we control their backcourt we control the game.

Cleveland is not a very athletic team. Wallace and Big z are slew footed. If we run we can get them because their big men can't keep up. Bibby needs to run and gun.

I don't know if Cleveland is better but they're a more difficult match up for us because of their size. Minus Big Z I honestly think that we could beat them in a series but if he's healthy we just cannot match up with them.

It's funny but I was thinking about posting this exact topic (with a poll) earlier today but didn't have time to get to it. I'm definitely interested in hearing what others think about it.

I do not think that Cleveland is a harder matchup then Boston was last year. Size or no size. Verajo is not better than KG, Bron Bron is better than Paulina, but there is no way DeLonte is better than Ray Ray. Cleveland's bench is not better than boston's last year. i.e. Posey etc. I think that although Cleveland has been a well oiled machine all year, the time off could possibly provide some RUST that the Hawks could take advantage of. I think Game 1 will say a lot abo Hawks but the way this series will go. I hope the Hawks play Hawks basketball, cause i think we have a shot. GO HAWKS!!!!

Cavs bench is weak.

Cavs are cocky and have alot to lose

Cavs are almost impossible to beat at home

Cavs have LBJ

Cavs are bigger than us

Cavs have a better coach

Cavs have homecourt

Hawks have nothing to lose(hopefully they play like it)

Hawks have a better bench(hopefully Flip is hot)

Hawks are more athletic and can run

Hawks can play D when they want to

Hawks have Phillips(Crazy and intimidating fans)

I think we COULD pull off the series. If Marvin can play and hit the 3. Horf will have to be able to play facing the basket and hit that FT to the top of the key jumper to get Big Z out of the paint. JJ continues his hot streak. Im thinking if we can contain LBJ and shutdown everyone else we can pull out a win in Cleveland.

We have to win the battle of the paint, which will be hard. Horf will have to play like an All Star and Zaza gonna have to continue getting his Dennis Rodman on.

Smoove, Solo, Zaza and Horford got to KG loast year especially in the games here. KG was getting alot of shots swated by those guys especially Smoove. Zaza was able to get under his skin. Perkins and Poe hurt us last year in the games in Boston. We dont bother Big Z though, we never have bothered him. He dominates us but in the Hawks Cavs games I saw this year it wasnt as commanding a performence by Z as in the past. I think we can get to Lebron too and make him an outside shooter. If lLebron gets hot from outside we are done but if not we can win. The scarry thing is if the games are close Lebron will get all the calls late and Joe wont get squat which is why our season series went 3-1 Cavs instead of 2-2 like it should have been.

If the Hawks were more healthy, I would say this team has a pucher's chance. Right now with both Marvin and Horford hurt, I just don't see the Hawks as having that much of a chance.

Honestly, until we see what Marvin can do, its hard to call the series right now.

The problems that Big Z brings has already been well documented by others, and I agree with them. He is just a horrible matchup for the Hawks.

In terms of which team is better the 08 Cs or the 09 Cavs? I would go with the Cs. They were a triple headed monster. In 09, if you stop LBJ you stop the Cavs. I don't think you could say that about on guy on the Cs last year.

Oh, one other thing. Even if the Hawks get blown out tonight OR they blow out the Cavs, don't take the game as indicative of the series. The only thing consistent about the 09 Hawks is that they are inconsistent. Each game seems to have no baring on the next. So take them as they are played Hawks fans.

Go Hawks!

• Premium Member

The bottom line is just like the Lakers lost game 1. Cleveland is in a position to lose game 1. They are rusty, arrogant, and setup nicely for a crushing defeat.

I suspect that we will win this game and go into game 5 up 3-1.

This Cleveland team has lived by the virtue that Bron will save them. Well, if we get fair officiation, I think Bron will do all he can, but will not be able to save the rest.

About Big Z being a matchup Problem? What game are you all watching. We will have Brown pulling big Z before the 2nd half of game 1. Big Z lumbers down the court. That won't help when you're playing from behind.

This Cleveland team hasn't had a challenge. They have been allowed to play loose because they haven't really set any goals for themselves. You know like a lot of teams wanted to win 72 or something or another. Not this Cavs team. Some wanted to be undefeated at home... I think that's about the closest to a challenge that this cavs team has had. If you look at their schedule they were very fortunate. Good teams usually rolled in on the 2nd night of a back to back.

Us being healthy, energized by beating Miami, and hungry.. we can beat this team.

• Premium Member
If the Hawks were more healthy, I would say this team has a pucher's chance. Right now with both Marvin and Horford hurt, I just don't see the Hawks as having that much of a chance.

Honestly, until we see what Marvin can do, its hard to call the series right now.

The problems that Big Z brings has already been well documented by others, and I agree with them. He is just a horrible matchup for the Hawks.

In terms of which team is better the 08 Cs or the 09 Cavs? I would go with the Cs. They were a triple headed monster. In 09, if you stop LBJ you stop the Cavs. I don't think you could say that about on guy on the Cs last year.

Oh, one other thing. Even if the Hawks get blown out tonight OR they blow out the Cavs, don't take the game as indicative of the series. The only thing consistent about the 09 Hawks is that they are inconsistent. Each game seems to have no baring on the next. So take them as they are played Hawks fans.

Go Hawks!

If we play a slow half court game, you're right big Z will be a factor. However, that's the last thing we should do. This should be about running and defense. Everybody has been praising Mo Williams, but the one truth about Mo is that he's not a tempo controlling PG. He will fall into our game very easily. IF this game is a track meet, we just might beat them by 20.

If we play a slow half court game, you're right big Z will be a factor. However, that's the last thing we should do. This should be about running and defense. Everybody has been praising Mo Williams, but the one truth about Mo is that he's not a tempo controlling PG. He will fall into our game very easily. IF this game is a track meet, we just might beat them by 20.

I agree that the running game would be a terrific way to negate Big Z; however, this is Mike Woodson and the go-Joe offense we are talking about here. Maybe Woodson will accept that the motion offense is the way to go, but we all have seen this scenario play out before: Hawks play great when sharing the ball and getting a ton of movement and screens, yet the next game its back to go-Joe.

Second, I don't know how effective Horford is going to be in a running offense with his ankle injury.

I think Marvin is the key, if he can somewhat slow down Lebron a bit and score some we have a chance. Our best chance is if we can get our fastbreak game going, but even if we do we have to watch out for Lebron on the break, he always comes absolutely flying for the chasedown block.

You always have a chance, if there were no chance they wouldn't play the game. Don't confuse pretending that the Cavs aren't a great team with being a good fan though. The Cavs have a lot going for them a) DOMINANT 2-way player b) great shooting from role players c) dangerous scoring point guard d) large and deep bench that smothers the boards (we handled Miami on the glass, the Cavs were one of the top rebounding teams in the league) e) great team defense.

They are more likely to dictate the pace of the game than we are. Hell, we couldn't dictate the pace of the game against Miami.

I happen to think the Cavs are better than the Cs of last year, mainly because of Lebron, but that isn't the point. We took the Cs to 7 last season, sure, I had a lot of fun watching 3 of those games too. We also got our asses handed to us 4 times. The Heat took it to us 3 times... we suffered 3 blowouts in the first round. We need to learn how to impose our will on a game to win in Cleveland and Cleveland is the toughest place to play in the NBA.

Its possible, but its unlikely. At 15-1, I'm not putting big money down on the series, is anyone here?

EDIT: I think our best chance is if Josh in particular takes big offense to Mo Will's comments about us being a 1-man team and decides to prove a point and dominate the slower and less athletic Cavs frontcourt. Al is also going to have to do something he's never done on a consistent basis and take advantage of his matchup.

Edited by crimedog

I have $225 on the Hawks at 15-1 actually. I have $750 on the Hawks as 12.5 point underdogs tonight, but am not going to touch game 2. I will check the lines for games 3 and 4, and see what I want to do.

A big win on Game 7 vs. the Heat enabled me to bet this with no worries, as did a Rockets win last night...

I have $225 on the Hawks at 15-1 actually. I have $750 on the Hawks as 12.5 point underdogs tonight, but am not going to touch game 2. I will check the lines for games 3 and 4, and see what I want to do.

A big win on Game 7 vs. the Heat enabled me to bet this with no worries, as did a Rockets win last night...

Haha, congratulations! I hope the Hawks continue to make you money well into the summer months...

Celtics are better 1-12. But unfortunately, the 1-4 for the Cavs is ridiculous. Lebron can demoralize teams on his own. I'd love to see us take a couple at home to make it fun and exiting, but in my opinion, I think it's 5 games at the most.

I see the Cavs as being the best team, especially with home court.