• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

For those that would like for us to get rid of Josh..

PatheticATLfan

Here is a little something to get you fired up for tonight. Read the comments from fans of other teams. If Josh would just play his slashing game and lay off the jumpers like in this video...He has no ceiling. The number 5 play is just S-I-C-K.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

I don't think anyone wants to "get rid" of Smith. Trading him for a legit center is another matter...

Go back and read some old threads. ALOT of people (including myself from time to time) have wanted to get rid of Josh. Sometimes..even for a bag of new Spaldings! Everytime i get frustrated though...I just try to think about his untapped potential and what he could do under a coach he respected.

Not to hijack this thread, but I certainly wouldn't mind signing Joel Anthony. He'd be a good bargain at the LLE, I think.

I feel like he's Solo with different strengths and weaknesses. He has more meat than Solo though, which is a good thing, and he's from Montreal which gives him points with this McGill Alum. I'm not really sure he's any more productive than Solo though.

• Premium Member

Josh is a one of a kind talent. Any attempts to trade him for a mediocre player would make us look foolish. Guys who can have that big of an impact on both ends of the court are rare indeed. You can't forget we drafted this guy at 17 as an afterthought. Now he's arguably the second best player on the team. I truly believe that most of his shortcomings have more to with a combination of not having a "real" teacher of the game around full time and youth. He's had to learn on the fly and it shows at times. But he brings too much to the table for us to turn our backs on him now. Go get 'em young man!

Even the great Hanno Mattola looks great in youtube highlight videos. If we based all of our decisions off of youtube then we should have drafted Yi over Al.

I am not hating on Josh, I am hating on these dumb youtube clips that people put up as if they are proof of something. Josh is a good player who makes frustrating decisions every now and then. That is not a reason to trade him.

If Josh would just play his slashing game and lay off the jumpers like in this video...He has no ceiling.

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. It will never happen, and certainly not while Woody is here.

That being said he has too much talent to trade for anything less than a spectacular player, especially at his age.

Cool! Highlights!

Let me ask you this... does this video come with a "mixtape" of Josh Smith's stupid mistakes and errors as well? Probably not seeing that the video would pass YouTube's 10 minute limit seeing that Smith shoots countless threes, jumpshots outside of his range, terrible turnovers, etc.

I could post Shelden William highlights too... would you like that?

Cool! Highlights!

Let me ask you this... does this video come with a "mixtape" of Josh Smith's stupid mistakes and errors as well? Probably not seeing that the video would pass YouTube's 10 minute limit seeing that Smith shoots countless threes, jumpshots outside of his range, terrible turnovers, etc.

I could post Shelden William highlights too... would you like that?

yeah...why don't you post some Sheldon Williams highlights and we will see if they are as good as Josh's.

Stop hatin and get a life.

yeah...why don't you post some Sheldon Williams highlights and we will see if they are as good as Josh's.

Stop hatin and get a life.

My point:

Stop judging players by their highlights.

If you want to compare "how good" everyone's highlights are, Josh Smith would be a Top 5 player in the NBA.... gtfo.

My point:

Stop judging players by their highlights.

If you want to compare "how good" everyone's highlights are, Josh Smith would be a Top 5 player in the NBA.... gtfo.

Nobody said he was a top 5. Just said that he is one of "our best". You are a hater. Just admit it and move on. The only reason this was posted was to get folks fired up for the playoff game and to prove we can't lose Josh and get somebody like a Theo Ratliff and Al Harrington combo in return. Josh has to much upside.