• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe "I'm Tired"

Plainview1981

• Premium Member
I'm just getting sick of Joe's excuses. Every year there is some reason why Joe can't produce at an all star level and it is starting to bother me.

He either has a health problem, a character problem, a talent problem, or a problem with our coaching... Either way it is most definitely a huge problem for your best player to be dealing with two years in a row.

Why do you play a player that long that only averages a little over 20 a game? As good as Joe is he should either be averaging more pts with those minutes or he should be getting less minutes. Either way it's hurting the team/Joe.

Woody isn't wrong for playing his guys like that, as I said last season: "if your going to have a coach, give him some job security or this will be the result."

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Woody isn't wrong for playing his guys like that, as I said last season: "if your going to have a coach, give him some job security or this will be the result."

Since when is an extension not job security? I understand him coaching like that last year but he got his extension yet he still coaches like this. Even when he knows better by his own admission. It's like he's stuck in stupidville and everyone in the world knows it INCLUDING himself yet he keeps his job year after year. It's truly amazing.

Edited by Dsinner

Of course Joe is tired. He's been playing an absurd amount of minutes two years in a row, along with two postseasons in a row and two all-star breaks in a row. Plus he's forced to defend the other team's best guard in every single game, and he carries the burden of being the main focus of our iso-Joe offense.

I blame this 100% on Woody. We had all year to try to develop Law or West to give JJ 12-15 minutes off a game. We had all year to develop a half-court offense that doesnt require JJ on the court. Woody failed on both fronts. I hope Sund either finds a player that Woody will actually play off the bench, or Woody forces the issue with Sund. What sucks though is how the Spirit group eats out of Woody's hands.

We'll never win a championship with JJ averaging 40 minutes a year. Period.

Joe needs rest. Point Blank. Woody was worried about getting him to dam all star game. Im going to ride with JJ on this one, but he also needs to condition himself a little better in the offseason. Dam he has played a lot of dam minutes.