• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe "I'm Tired"

Plainview1981

He should be tired...he plays a gazillion minutes all season. A lack of an offense caused us to have to play Joe too many minutes. If we had some kind of halfcourt set we could survive with him on the bench.

His minutes wouldn't be an issue if he wasn't being forced to negotiate a double team most of the time. There's no reason for the SG to be the primary ball handler, especially not when he's playing damn near 40 minutes per game.

Of course I also wonder what type of conditioning Joe does. How would he handle a role like what Richard Hamilton has where he is constantly running around the court and not getting to be stationary while dribbling like Joe does.

His minutes wouldn't be an issue if he wasn't being forced to negotiate a double team most of the time. There's no reason for the SG to be the primary ball handler, especially not when he's playing damn near 40 minutes per game.

Of course I also wonder what type of conditioning Joe does. How would he handle a role like what Richard Hamilton has where he is constantly running around the court and not getting to be stationary while dribbling like Joe does.

Joe went on to say it's not an "excuse" in regards to being tired. Then why say it?

Maybe as a white flag to Woody?

• Premium Member

Our offense is a mess. Even Barkley inadvertantly talked about the stupidity of our offense... i.e. Iso Lebron. A good team is not going to give the ball to the star scorer and hope he makes something happen. I think that's our failing too. Bibby should be playing Pick and Roll with Horf and Smoove... then we should be playing Joe like Utah played Horny... Maybe a little better, but Joe should be second offensive option in a pG derived system. In a half court, we should automatically play Pick and roll and let Bibby create...

Joe wanted to be the man. He didn't want to be the third or fourth option. While I agree Woody plays him too many minutes, he still should have more left at this point. It does make you question his conditioning. True, Lebron did play a minute and a half less per game than Joe, but 37.7 minutes is still a pretty good number of minutes, and he's not whining about being tired. You don't think he gets double and triple teamed all the time?

Just MHO.

Joe has looked tired 90% of the time since the All Star break.

Woody wore him down and now has to deal with a tired Joe.

If Joe had a coach that knew how to properly manage his minutes,

I'm 100% sure his production would increase.

Our offense is a mess indeed. If the Hawks can't get out on the break then they're cooked.

As the team is constituted right now Flip Murray is the only guy that can take the heat off Joe because he can dribble drive. But once again we're back to playground basketball with little to no direction.

Our offense is a mess indeed. If the Hawks can't get out on the break then they're cooked.

As the team is constituted right now Flip Murray is the only guy that can take the heat off Joe because he can dribble drive. But once again we're back to playground basketball with little to no direction.

I guess that's why we don't get out in the open court and run. MW is trying to keep the 7 men that he plays from being tired. I wonder if he knows that if you mix in your other players you could rest your 7 men from time to time. I mean whats wrong with putting Law in with 4 starters. It would not hurt us that bad and it would give someone some much needed rest.

He's looked tired since the second month of the season.

There is the talk that Sund had to evaluate things last year. Well after being here a year and he doesn't do something about the offense, we are screwed.

Agreed. Most of the time he has looked worn down since the start of the season.

Didnt they xray his foot before the playoffs started. He may be hurt cause he has alot of leg problems. Its the playoffs though so get him and Marv some pain meds and get their aysses out there playing.

Edited by NJHAWK

Well hell yeah he's tired. Playing 40 minutes a game for the past 80+ games will do that.

That said, it's definitely not an excuse. I understand him being tired, but he's gotta push through it, especially now.

But it probably doesn't matter. Unless we get him more help or he becomes the 2nd option, Woodson will continue to run him into the ground.

good post Hotlanta. this is not good..we are only in the 2nd game of the 2nd round..imagine if we had a legit shot at going to the finals..Joe Johnson would be exhausted. Im not surpried tho..he lead the league in minutes and does alot for our team. I think now that means other guys have to step up but without no Marvin its gonna be hard to find JJ rest now. Not a good look..maybe it would be better to just lose now and hope JJ gets some needed rest..we dont wanna drain all of his energy. Its all about winning but at the same time..u dont want a player overworking himself either. I knew he didnt look like himself out there for a while now

• Premium Member

From Bradley:

If I had to guess — and I don’t, but I will — I think the minutes have caught up with Joe. Rick Sund talks about San Antonio a lot, and he always mentions how they pace their guys— Duncan, Parker and Ginobli — during the regular season.

Sund clearly is not happy with Woodson's management of the rotation.