• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Congrats to an Awesome Season!

frankthetank966

Don't let tonight's loss overshadow a great season. The Hawks made it to the playoffs for the second year in a row for the first time in over a decade.

We made it to the second round and loss to a fantastic Cleveland team that only loss 16 game during the season and is undefeated during the playoffs.

Keep your heads up Hawks fans! It should only get better from here on out. We have a solid core of players and our youngsters like Smith, Marvin and Horford looked very good this year. Smoove was fantastic during the playoffs but we just loss to a better team.

There are few areas that I am worried about for the Hawks, the only major concern is coaching. We as fans have the obligation to keep supporting this team because they did their job and made it back to playoffs and got past the first round. Lebron himself said "Atlanta has some great fans...." So lets support these guys!

THANKS FOR A GREAT SEASON HAWKS!

Edited by frankthetank966

Hopefully we get better...

The only players that dissapointed me this postseason were Joe and Horford, Josh really impressed me, I think that he could be a 20ppg scorer next season. Anyways, here's to bringing Bosh over, without giving up Josh.

Best season in a decade, this was a pretty good season. We win our first 7-game series in decades, and the team's actually relevant on a league scale, other than being a hot spot for the away team to enjoy their nights in strip clubs. 31-10 at home. Actually had more than 1 Hawk go to All-Star Weekend with Bibby, Joe, and Horford all participating in something, and we weren't talking about LOTTERY or TANKING by January.

These guys are still young. They will definitely continue the trend of getting better every season. We aren't FAR off.

Best season in a decade, this was a pretty good season. We win our first 7-game series in decades, and the team's actually relevant on a league scale, other than being a hot spot for the away team to enjoy their nights in strip clubs. 31-10 at home. Actually had more than 1 Hawk go to All-Star Weekend with Bibby, Joe, and Horford all participating in something, and we weren't talking about LOTTERY or TANKING by January.

These guys are still young. They will definitely continue the trend of getting better every season. We aren't FAR off.

BK brought us full circle...after getting swept in the 2nd round by the Knicks, he put us on the 10 year plan and did it with his guys, his way. Now fans, look where we are - getting swept in the 2nd round. Again. The irony.

The only players that dissapointed me this postseason were Joe and Horford, Josh really impressed me, I think that he could be a 20ppg scorer next season. Anyways, here's to bringing Bosh over, without giving up Josh.

I agree. Josh has tons of potential. He has to do one of two things. A: Use his inside game more often or B: Improve his mid-range shot.

Another season ends in failure. Typical. Lackluster effort from a heartless team.

But hey, they almost lost by less than 10 points. Great job!

You will find that many hawks fans will disagree with you. This was a great season. We finished above .500 and made the playoffs again. We loss to the better team. Enough said.

I agree. I am very excited with this year. Can't be too disappointed with this loss to the Cavs, although I would have loved to won a game.

BK brought us full circle...after getting swept in the 2nd round by the Knicks, he put us on the 10 year plan and did it with his guys, his way. Now fans, look where we are - getting swept in the 2nd round. Again. The irony.

lol. Wow, you're right. I disagree with this being the end of the cycle, just because the core of the team that got swept by the Knicks in '99 was MUCH older. This one still has room to get better.

I agree. Josh has tons of potential. He has to do one of two things. A: Use his inside game more often or B: Improve his mid-range shot.

You will find that many hawks fans will disagree with you. This was a great season. We finished above .500 and made the playoffs again. We loss to the better team. Enough said.

I agree. I am very excited with this year. Can't be too disappointed with this loss to the Cavs, although I would have loved to won a game.

Yeah, but just one close game would have been nice. Detroit had a worse record than we did, but managed to keep it closer than we did.

lol. Wow, you're right. I disagree with this being the end of the cycle, just because the core of the team that got swept by the Knicks in '99 was MUCH older. This one still has room to get better.

How many of the players have really improved?

Joe isn't any better than he was last season.... Neither is Marvin or Josh. Al hasn't got better. Just who do you think is going to get better? Having Bibby for a full year and taking advantage of a horrible east doesn't mean the players are getting better. There is very little sign the players are improving.

Outside of Joe, they all got better especially Marvin during the season. Marvin and Al injuries were bigger then we probably knew of because they were cruical for us during the season. Josh was better this year as well.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

How many of the players have really improved?

Joe isn't any better than he was last season.... Neither is Marvin or Josh. Al hasn't got better. Just who do you think is going to get better? Having Bibby for a full year and taking advantage of a horrible east doesn't mean the players are getting better. There is very little sign the players are improving.

Marvin, Horford, Zaza, and Solo improved. Smith looked like a much better player in the playoffs. The only player that was iffy was Acie. JJ had a poor playoff performance.

Edited by frankthetank966

That's not the real Steve Smith, is it?

18 User(s) are reading this topic (10 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

7 Members: nbasuperstar40, steve_smith, frankthetank966, hawkshomer, hoodstar, Deeman, basketball

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Marvin, Horford, Zaza, and Solo improved. Smith looked like a much better player in the playoffs. The only player that was iffy was Acie. JJ had a poor playoff performance.

Where did Marvin really improve? He was a 13PPG player LAST YEAR. He shot abit higher in 3's, but he doesn't really make enough or anything for it to be a real big difference. ZaZa was better than last year, but still worse than his two years before. I like Solo, but I don't know if he will ever have a shot to really impact the team anyway. Al was pretty much the same. In fact, it felt like his rebounding was worse this year.

This is probably the oddest team I've ever seen. Stat wise, they're efficient in some area's but you don't' really see it on the court. The most I'm worried about is the lack of firing of Woody. The job security he seems to have is really head scratching.

That's not the real Steve Smith, is it?

18 User(s) are reading this topic (10 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

7 Members: nbasuperstar40, steve_smith, frankthetank966, hawkshomer, hoodstar, Deeman, basketball

Hopefully he can give us his keys to the offseason...?

I agree Mookie, Smitty, and ty corbin was all on their last leg.

True. This series was a big sign of just how big the Billy Knight era was a failure.

Just for the people who are still complaining about Billy Knight a full year after he left, think about this.

4 first round picks in the 1999 NBA draft (considered one of the better drafts ever). What did we get out of it?

1) Jason Terry

2) Cal Bowdler

3) Dion Glover

4) Jumaine Jones

5) Robert Bergerson (second round)

Guys we could have had (this is just from one draft):

Corey Maggette

Ron Artest

James Posey

Andrei Kirilenko

Jeff Foster

Manu Ginobili

And that's not mentioning the fact that we obviously needed to trade up to get Andre Miller instead of taking Jason Terry, who was a 2 guard in a PG's body.

Also not mentioning the trade that ultimately killed this franchise-trading Steve Smith for Jim Jackson and Isiah Rider.