• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Raymond Felton

D.R.P.

It's time this trade for Raymond Felton talk ends! Do you people not realize that Felton has a .399 career shooting percentage. Josh Smith had a better 3 point shooting percentage this year. Felton had over 200 3-point attempts (even though he is a horrible shooter); yet people complain about Smoove's 3 point shooting. There's a reason Larry Brown doesn't care for Felton.

Check Felton's stats here:

• Premium Member

I'll say it again - do people understand how similar Felton's stats are to Sebastian Telfair? Or, for that matter, he's Jamaal Tinsley without the passing skills.

Over the past four years, only Stuckey, Telfair, Tinsley, Westbrook, and Claxton have been less efficient shooters. (And Westbrook was just a rookie, while Stuckey is much better at getting to the foul line).

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/tiny.cgi?id=6lQ5H

Edited by mrhonline

It's time this trade for Raymond Felton talk ends! Do you people not realize that Felton has a .399 career shooting percentage. Josh Smith had a better 3 point shooting percentage this year. Felton had over 200 3-point attempts (even though he is a horrible shooter); yet people complain about Smoove's 3 point shooting. There's a reason Larry Brown doesn't care for Felton.

Check Felton's stats here:

I didn't realize Felton couldn't control himself regarding taking the outside shots. Put me on the forget about Felton team.

Hawk88

I agree on Felton.

People like him b/c they only see him play against the Hawks/ Bibby's defense. He has had some of his best games vs. the Hawks.

The only way I would take him is as a 4th option on a back up plan..........Basically Bibby leaves us for a $ 8 or $9 mill deal, the Pacers match our offer to Jack, Hinrich is spun off to Toronto in a Bosh trade, Kidd is too pricey, Sessions gets thrown $$$ by the Bucks, Ford is not traded..............at that point all we would have is Law and pick #19 at PG..........that is the point I like Felton.

Hopefully it does not come to that.

• Premium Member
I agree on Felton.

People like him b/c they only see him play against the Hawks/ Bibby's defense. He has had some of his best games vs. the Hawks.

Hopefully it does not come to that.

Well, I can only speak for myself. The parts of his game that I like are his drive and dish, his defense, and the fact that he's a fast big PG. Yep, Fast and 6'3. We've tried perimeter shooting and it has it's pluses... but Felton is like the anti bibby. If you could plug into Bibby, Felton's strengths, you would have the perfect pG. By that same token, I think that we could probably get the same thing that Felton offers from Sessions at a much cheaper rate. For those of you always crying about a PG who can shoot the 3, let me tell you... Look around. Mostly what you will find is 2 guards who are too small to be 2 guards so they call themselves PGs, guys who can't run an offense... makes dumb decisions with the ball.... or Guys who cost 10 million dollars and for the life of you, you don't know why they come off the bench.

Milwaukee will happily trade us Ridnour. Last season LRR shot 35-36% from three and managed 5 apg in 28 mpg. Do you want him? He's about 6.5 million?

Well, I can only speak for myself. The parts of his game that I like are his drive and dish, his defense, and the fact that he's a fast big PG. Yep, Fast and 6'3. We've tried perimeter shooting and it has it's pluses... but Felton is like the anti bibby. If you could plug into Bibby, Felton's strengths, you would have the perfect pG. By that same token, I think that we could probably get the same thing that Felton offers from Sessions at a much cheaper rate. For those of you always crying about a PG who can shoot the 3, let me tell you... Look around. Mostly what you will find is 2 guards who are too small to be 2 guards so they call themselves PGs, guys who can't run an offense... makes dumb decisions with the ball.... or Guys who cost 10 million dollars and for the life of you, you don't know why they come off the bench.

Milwaukee will happily trade us Ridnour. Last season LRR shot 35-36% from three and managed 5 apg in 28 mpg. Do you want him? He's about 6.5 million?

Felton would be a great addition like Diesel said above. Even though he's 6'1 and not a true PG, he fits our system and is young which makes us a contender in serveral years. We have a good team. I just think we need more talent on the bench. We need to bring Andersen from Europe to start at Center for us next season. Felton is much more valuable then Sessions being that he's a leader and had amazing work ethic from what I've heard.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

The Bobcats have tried too often to use Felton as an off guard and I believe that is what has hurt his shooting numbers. The guy is a point and if not a pure point still a primary ball handler. I mean come on they used to start Jeff Mcinnis, JEFF MCINNIS!, at the point and Ray at the 2, I guess because they felt he was a home town boy and would sell tickets. After that it was Earl Boykins and now DJ Agustin. All I know is that when he has been asked to perform at the point he has done admirably well despite his penchant for throwing crazy lob passes at times. Outside of that this team doesn't need a Jason Kidd or Steve Nash because obviously we have been successful running with Bibby who by no means is not a pure passer. What we need is a guy who can pressure the ball fullcourt and in the halfcourt, preventing easy passes and penetration into the paint which puts pressure on our undersized frontcourt and on the offensive end slash and beat defenders off the dribble, finishing inside, drawing fouls and allowing us to get open outside shots due to the defense collapsing or a big rotating of his man allowing for dump offs for easy layups. Felton provides this in spades which is why he is being considered as an option for the offseason.

The Bobcats have tried too often to use Felton as an off guard and I believe that is what has hurt his shooting numbers. The guy is a point and if not a pure point still a primary ball handler. I mean come on they used to start Jeff Mcinnis, JEFF MCINNIS!, at the point and Ray at the 2, I guess because they felt he was a home town boy and would sell tickets. After that it was Earl Boykins and now DJ Agustin. All I know is that when he has been asked to perform at the point he has done admirably well despite his penchant for throwing crazy lob passes at times. Outside of that this team doesn't need a Jason Kidd or Steve Nash because obviously we have been successful running with Bibby who by no means is not a pure passer. What we need is a guy who can pressure the ball fullcourt and in the halfcourt, preventing easy passes and penetration into the paint which puts pressure on our undersized frontcourt and on the offensive end slash and beat defenders off the dribble, finishing inside, drawing fouls and allowing us to get open outside shots due to the defense collapsing or a big rotating of his man allowing for dump offs for easy layups. Felton provides this in spades which is why he is being considered as an option for the offseason.

Well written and perfectly put.

• Premium Member

I'm sorry, but for the money, Jarrett Jack is far better at those things than Felton.

I'm sorry, but for the money, Jarrett Jack is far better at those things than Felton.

I'm kind of torn. For my starting point guard, I have a lot of trouble with Jack because he is a very poor distributor. For all the crap Bibby gets on these boards, he is a decent distributor and decision maker when given the chance. Felton is almost certainly a better point guard than Jack but he is a poor fit for this team because he's such a poor shooter and unless Woody is willing to put the ball in Felton's hands, he has to be able to hit the J (when the ball is in his hands, he's a great penetrator but an atrocious finisher). Jack on the other hand, has turned him self into a passable shooter which complements his decent slashing. He's also a pretty solid defender... I just worry about having another season in which JJ does the majority of the ball handling, gets worn down, and puts up sub-Jamaal Crawford numbers in the post season.

• Moderators
he fits our system

Shooting %s and this quote are my main worries with Felton. Many of his skills would be woefully underutilized in a Woodson "system" and his deficiencies would be magnified. I don't know that he is a fit while Woodson is running our offense.