• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Law & Speedy traded for Jamal Crawford

MemphisX

2 things pop out at me:

1) One of Marvin or Bibby is gone for sure

2) We're going PG tomorrow

Crawford is definitely overpaid some, but at least he has only 2 more years left on the deal. Plus, he provides the offensive production we SORELY need.

I like it.

After paying Speedy 6 million to sit on the bench, Crawford is a bargain.

Hawk88

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The same things were said about Flip Murry before he got here.

Does Flip Murray have a 10 million dollar contract? Regardless, this team needs help up front. Yet, they continue to add backcourt players with big contracts. All Flip Murray has done here is chunk shots also. What has made it acceptable is that he is cheap.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I know he'll have some big scoring games. But his weaknesses more than cancel out the big scoring game he might have every once and a while. This guy was traded by two of the most offensive minded coaches in the league. And this is an offensive player.

This is the first playoff calibre team he's ever been on. I know once he's given a strict role be it a bench scorer, facilitator at the point, perimeter defender by Woody he'll more than succeed at it. Donnie Walsh traded him and Zach Randolph even though with D'Antoni coaching they were on pace for the playoffs to cut salary for Lebronmania and Nellie already had high priced scoring 2guard on his roster in GS and wanted to make Crawford's stay there so horrible he'd opt out. He wasn't traded because of his play but outside circumstances involving the franchises he played for.

If this guy is so good, how come nobody wants to keep him? How come he's never been apart of a winning team? In his whole career he has NOT help make a team better. He stands on the outside and shoots three's. That's what he does. SA knows what they're doing. They bring in fundamental players that will help their team. What does this team do? Bring in one on one chunkers because the Head coach is a complete moron. Last year jamal shot 40.6%. That's all you really got to say about him.

nobody wanted murray at one time for the same reasons but played well for us didnt he? its all about finding the team that fits for you and I think he will fit in well with this team. And its a steal for us when you consider what we gave up..2 players that we didnt use for someone who can possibly lead our team in scoring on any given night

Does Flip Murray have a 10 million dollar contract? Regardless, this team needs help up front. Yet, they continue to add backcourt players with big contracts. All Flip Murray has done here is chunk shots also. What has made it acceptable is that he is cheap.

Nope and neither does Jamal Crawford. But hey you were only 13.6% off.

I can't see how anyone could be upset that we turned 2 almost zero production PG's riding the end of the bench making 8 million combined into 1 PG that will actually play and make a difference on the team.

Personally, I like the move. We are badly in need of guys who can take an opponent off the dribble, draw fouls, and finish. Is Crawford the best answer? No, but who else were we going to bring in for the grand ransom of Acie/Clankston?

Labron? Nope.

Kobe? Hell no.

Manu? Forget it.

If this trade becomes a reality, I say good luck to Acie, good riddance to Clankston, and hello to a guy who can spot play both backcourt positions. It also gives us some much needed versatility and firepower off the bench when needed. Unless you can think of a better player we can get for those two, I'm all for this one folks.....

nobody wanted murray at one time for the same reasons but played well for us didnt he? its all about finding the team that fits for you and I think he will fit in well with this team. And its a steal for us when you consider what we gave up..2 players that we didnt use for someone who can possibly lead our team in scoring on any given night

Flip Murray isn't going to help this team reach the finals and neither will Jamal Crawford. This team needs big men help. Chunkers are a dime a dozen. We should also note that Flip was playing for a contract this past season. Where was Flip in the playoffs? YOu're trying to win in the playoffs. Flip didn't help there. This team needs big men help in the worst way.

I can't see how anyone could be upset that we turned 2 almost zero production PG's riding the end of the bench making 8 million combined into 1 PG that will actually play and make a difference on the team.

Why is Jamal going to make a difference here? He adds to the teams problems. This is a chunker team and he is just another player that fits that mold. If he is so helpful, how come nobody wants to keep him? People look at stats and see 19PPG and assume that means he will help the team. The things he is does is a lot of the problem this team already has. Firing jumper after jumper. Once the season starts the people here will get to complaining about it and you know it will happen.

I just... Why can't we get a GM that knows what he is doing?

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Some people are very practiced at being upset, I guess, and hammer every square peg -- be it a trade, a FA pickup, a player's performance, whatever -- into the round holes of anger and negativity.

Why is Jamal going to make a difference here? He adds to the teams problems. This is a chunker team and he is just another player that fits that mold. If he is so helpful, how come nobody wants to keep him? People look at stats and see 19PPG and assume that means he will help the team. The things he is does is a lot of the problem this team already has. Firing jumper after jumper. Once the season starts the people here will get to complaining about it and you know it will happen.

I just... Why can't we get a GM that knows what he is doing?

Once more Crawford at 8 million is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than Acie & Claxton at 8 million. You have to be able to understand that getting SOME production out of that money will make this a better team, right? Plus it opens up another roster spot.

I love this deal for us. I live in the bay area and watch Warrior games more than any team other than the Hawks. The guy is not a pg by any means I'm sorry. He can however excel in an uptempo style like he did with Don Nelson in GS.

I think this is probably the end for Marvin. I think the best thing for us is to sign and trade Marv for a big, then maybe pick a pg in the draft tomorrow. Crawford does have handles but also turnovers..overall for what we gave up...Craig and Law, I gotta say I love the deal.

Once more Crawford at 8 million is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than Acie & Claxton at 8 million. You have to be able to understand that getting SOME production out of that money will make this a better team, right? Plus it opens up another roster spot.

True but Crawford actually can hurt the team, Speedy and Acie are glued to the bench. Idk, as long as he's not starting then I'm ok.

• Premium Member

I don't like this trade. Crawford is a shoot first pass second PG/SG combo who is now on his fourth team. He gets killed on defense by quick guards. The guy is a chucker, I just don't see how he and JJ are going to coexist as a starter. Unless the plan is to bring Crawford off the bench then I don't see it.

It's tough to break this one down. Given the state of the NBA economy, we actually dealt away some chips with some good value (two expiring contracts, one of which is allegedly quite insured). The question is, did we get enough back for those chips, considering that we're now on the hook for Crawford's contract?